Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4216949 times
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #28704: Apr 02, 2017 01:03:50 pm
      Anyone likes the look of Lanzini from West Ham and think would do great here ?
      He's only 24, an attacking mindset, West Ham's best player with 7 goals and 2 assists in that sh*t team, can take a free kick and would probably take it up a level as Mane did from his Southampton days.
      Also Zaha is worth a shout altough he can improve on his finishing.
      « Last Edit: Apr 02, 2017 01:09:43 pm by fckmediocrity »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #28705: Apr 02, 2017 02:50:02 pm
      He's only 24, an attacking mindset, West Ham's best player with 7 goals and 2 assists in that sh*t team, can take a free kick and would probably take it up a level as Mane did from his Southampton days.

Zaha would be the one for me.
      He's starting to really kick on now, and show why united rated him so much.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,441 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #28706: Apr 02, 2017 03:04:58 pm
      Zaha would be the one for me.
      He's starting to really kick on now, and show why united rated him so much.

Seems like this thread should be renamed the who looked good on motd last night thread
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #28707: Apr 02, 2017 03:14:28 pm
      Seems like this thread should be renamed the who looked good on motd last night thread

Should it?
      Because I've watched him at least a dozen times this season, and he's been pretty impressive every time I've seen him, and I didn't actually watch motd last night.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,441 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #28708: Apr 02, 2017 03:44:16 pm
      Should it?
      Because I've watched him at least a dozen times this season, and he's been pretty impressive every time I've seen him, and I didn't actually watch motd last night.

Not for me i'm afraid,  best suited to be a big fish in a small pond
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,157 posts | 261 
      Reply #28709: Apr 02, 2017 03:50:36 pm
      Re Lanzini, I personally preferred Gylfi Sigurdsson from Swansea.
      No idea about Zaha :D

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #28710: Apr 02, 2017 03:59:00 pm
      Not for me i'm afraid,  best suited to be a big fish in a small pond

Fair enough :)

I think he could be very good in a Klopp team, but I'm not sure he'd be worth the premiership premium we'd likely have to pay.
      He's been impressive this season imo, and looks ready to play at a higher level, imo.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28711: Apr 02, 2017 04:10:57 pm
      Fair enough :)

I think he could be very good in a Klopp team, but I'm not sure he'd be worth the premiership premium we'd likely have to pay.
      He's been impressive this season imo, and looks ready to play at a higher level, imo.

I've seen him being linked with a 30m move to Spurs. With him they'd finally get some much needed speed in their attack.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #28712: Apr 02, 2017 05:43:42 pm
      I dont want anymore players from the likes of southampton, west ham etc.

we need top quality players - not more 'he will do a job' players.

people are mentioning absolute dross - i have no doubt that they will follow it up with 'look at Mane for example' and miss the dozens of bad apples before this

Bogdan
      Benteke
      Ings
      Lambert
      Lovren
      Mignolet
      Borini
      Allen
      Toure
      Milner

all been brought fairly recently and have all flattered to deceive

Mane
      Sturridge
      Lallana
      Clyne (at a push)
      Wijn

Have done either what was expected or better

If i go further back the flattered to deceive list would increase at a rate higher than the done good list.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #28713: Apr 02, 2017 06:00:09 pm
      I've seen him being linked with a 30m move to Spurs. With him they'd finally get some much needed speed in their attack.

I don't think more pace in our attack would do any harm either.
      Mane is our only seriously quick player at the moment.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #28714: Apr 02, 2017 06:01:04 pm
      I dont want anymore players from the likes of southampton, west ham etc.

we need top quality players - not more 'he will do a job' players.

people are mentioning absolute dross - i have no doubt that they will follow it up with 'look at Mane for example' and miss the dozens of bad apples before this

Bogdan
      Benteke
      Ings
      Lambert
      Lovren
      Mignolet
      Borini
      Allen
      Toure
      Milner

all been brought fairly recently and have all flattered to deceive

Mane
      Sturridge
      Lallana
      Clyne (at a push)
      Wijn

Have done either what was expected or better

If i go further back the flattered to deceive list would increase at a rate higher than the done good list.

Top quality players..top quality players..everybody wants them but none of them want to come here...can you please name a top quality player that is already an established name that realistically would want to come here ? because in the last 2 years even with Klopp at the helm we were turned down one after the other by top quality talents that aren't even proved ones not to mention the established ones.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #28715: Apr 02, 2017 06:08:20 pm
      Top quality players..top quality players..everybody wants them but none of them want to come here...can you please name a top quality player that is already an established name that realistically would want to come here ? because in the last 2 years even with Klopp at the helm we were turned down one after the other by top quality talents that aren't even proved ones not to mention the established ones.

We have to face reality, we are not gonna compete against China clubs (:D), Chelsea, City, Barca, Real, PSG, Bayern and perhaps Juventus & Utd. However, I think we can compete against the likes of Dortmund, Atletico, Spurs and Arsenal if we really want the player.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #28716: Apr 02, 2017 06:27:06 pm

before i answer this - how are you deciding if top quality wants to come here or not?

im not a clairvoyant - but i can guess your angle from now - 'why would he come, he wont come, wants to go london, we dont pay enough bla blabla'

Costa almost joined, alongside many others. Klopp is a big attraction, our fans and history is a big attraction, our football is a big attraction - our negotiation skills and ambition is a major let down.

we would struggle to sign someone who Barca or Real are trying to sign....but for the majority of other teams we have a good chance, depending on how we go out to get them, the timing, the sales pitch and the dream were selling.

fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #28717: Apr 02, 2017 09:00:24 pm
      before i answer this - how are you deciding if top quality wants to come here or not?

im not a clairvoyant - but i can guess your angle from now - 'why would he come, he wont come, wants to go london, we dont pay enough bla blabla'

Costa almost joined, alongside many others. Klopp is a big attraction, our fans and history is a big attraction, our football is a big attraction - our negotiation skills and ambition is a major let down.

we would struggle to sign someone who Barca or Real are trying to sign....but for the majority of other teams we have a good chance, depending on how we go out to get them, the timing, the sales pitch and the dream were selling.

How many in demand top quality players joined Liverpool in the last 10 years ? And i mean the next hottest sh*t that was wanted by at least 3-4 clubs but chose Liverpool because of their 'fans and history'.
      Liverpool makes stars not buying them; I'd love Griezmann in the summer but we would probably have to wait for a chinese takeover for that to happen.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #28718: Apr 02, 2017 09:20:38 pm

How can your argument be 'Costa almost joined'. How can us 'almost' signing a player back up your statement about people not wanting to join us?
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #28719: Apr 02, 2017 10:08:29 pm
      How many in demand top quality players joined Liverpool in the last 10 years ? And i mean the next hottest sh*t that was wanted by at least 3-4 clubs but chose Liverpool because of their 'fans and history'.
      Liverpool makes stars not buying them; I'd love Griezmann in the summer but we would probably have to wait for a chinese takeover for that to happen.

a. i dont know how many in demand top quality players who were wanted by 3-4 other clubs we have actually bid for
      b. Suggesting that we will have to wait for a chinese takeover to bid for Griezmann suggests that people only go for money?  our wage bill is very high and i would suggest that we can compete with most except a hand full of clubs
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #28720: Apr 02, 2017 10:18:09 pm
      can i ask - for the fans who want the dreggs of the prem for us to do a Leicester

signing Southamptons finest and like likes of Gray to somehow all come in a improve dramatically.

forgetting the dozens and dozens of average ( but possible stars at there mid table no pressure teams) that we brought and suggesting they will all do as well as Mane

it seems like Deja Vu year after year and were expecting miracles of eager for a graft for 4th spot.

fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #28721: Apr 02, 2017 10:31:57 pm
      a. i dont know how many in demand top quality players who were wanted by 3-4 other clubs we have actually bid for
      b. Suggesting that we will have to wait for a chinese takeover to bid for Griezmann suggests that people only go for money?  our wage bill is very high and i would suggest that we can compete with most except a hand full of clubs

a. the question was how many have joined and not for how many Liverpool have had a bid and the answer is none.
      b. Fsg have a 30mil net spend/year in their reign and you think they will spend 100mil for one player plus more probably 200-250k/week in wages ?
      Like you I would love to get head on head with the big clubs and bring the next superstar here but the reality is that the way Liverpool are going to win the Premier League is by doing a Dortmund and not a Real Madrid..at least under FSG&Klopp.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,258 posts | 8580 
      Reply #28722: Apr 03, 2017 12:07:56 am
      can i ask - for the fans who want the dreggs of the prem for us to do a Leicester

signing Southamptons finest and like likes of Gray to somehow all come in a improve dramatically.

forgetting the dozens and dozens of average ( but possible stars at there mid table no pressure teams) that we brought and suggesting they will all do as well as Mane

it seems like Deja Vu year after year and were expecting miracles of eager for a graft for 4th spot.

Where did we buy players from in the past that made up our most successful teams?
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #28723: Apr 03, 2017 03:16:31 am
      Where did we buy players from in the past that made up our most successful teams?

Hmm

Watford
      Chester City
      Celtic
      Newcastle
      Middlesbrough
      Scunthorpe
      Blackpool

All the regular places to get quality from.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #28724: Apr 03, 2017 08:23:02 am
      ,We bought Keegan and Clemence from Scunthorpe and we had success with them.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #28725: Apr 03, 2017 09:00:34 am

Ah... but... where do today's, consistently, successful teams buy their players from. [A: us?] 😁

Changed times and all that... just saying like.

----------------------------------------

Looking, more and more, like a number of us have, finally, been conditioned to just accept 'our' lot.

Fantastic PR... I'll give em that. 😕

* slips off to run an eye over 'Scunthorpe's best'... before Barca cotton on. 😁

« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2017 09:29:27 am by bad boy bubby »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #28726: Apr 03, 2017 09:16:03 am
      So anyways... bottom 4 - Fer, Mawson, Sigurdsson - Robertson - Traore - Pickford?

Quick Reply