Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4284307 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #28888: Apr 14, 2017 10:49:30 am
      So what's this rumor about Jürgen Klopp taking transfer deals into his own hands this summer?

All good signings will be Klopp's but bad ones will be the fault of FSG
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #28889: Apr 15, 2017 09:32:18 am
      Van Dijk doesn't sign (obviously), Sahko comes back.

You heard the prediction here first.

Or Jürgen fails to sign him and instead convinces the board to resign Caulker. 😁

Hey... don't knock it... the lad can double up as a centre forward. 😁
      « Last Edit: Apr 15, 2017 09:48:17 am by bad boy bubby »
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,500 posts | 233 
      Reply #28890: Apr 15, 2017 01:14:44 pm
      Is it really about getting a big kitty the most important thing? I would say spending the money wisely is more important than spending more.

Tottenham for example have finished above us the last few seasons and look how much their 1st 11 is worth (snipped from another forum)

Lloris £12m

Dier £4m
      Alderweireld £11.5m
      Vertonghen £10m

Walker £4m
      Wanyama £11m
      Dembele £15m
      Rose £1m

Eriksen £11m
      Alli £5m

Kane £0

In fact its been their more expensve signings (e.g. Soldado, Sissoko) which have not really worked out. But they have spent efficiently and still look a couple of steps above us. The players are there and there is nothing wrong with spending less money if we can grow the player.

And you compare with Man City who have spent around 30m + (each) on 3/4 centre backs in the last few years and still dont look solid.

Quality>Quantity

But I'm not against spending big, if we can get Van Dijk, he would be worth every penny. Mane and Gigi are both very good signings. I'm saying we should not turn our noses up on other players who are valued at the lower end.
      « Last Edit: Apr 15, 2017 01:26:03 pm by nelioneil »
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #28891: Apr 15, 2017 06:38:00 pm
      Michael Edwards - the Sporting Director - I believe. If we signed Van Dijk he'd walk straight into our team mate. He's a much superior player to Lovren IMO. I think he goes elsewhere though whether that's Chelsea or Man City.

much superior to Lovren? when we brought Lovren he was the real deal apparently, a captain in the making etc.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #28892: Apr 15, 2017 06:46:52 pm
      much superior to Lovren? when we brought Lovren he was the real deal apparently, a captain in the making etc.

Yea he's far superior to Lovren. Has nothing to do with Lovren's hype.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #28893: Apr 16, 2017 11:27:58 am
      Is it really about getting a big kitty the most important thing? I would say spending the money wisely is more important than spending more.

Tottenham for example have finished above us the last few seasons and look how much their 1st 11 is worth (snipped from another forum)

Lloris £12m

Dier £4m
      Alderweireld £11.5m
      Vertonghen £10m

Walker £4m
      Wanyama £11m
      Dembele £15m
      Rose £1m

Eriksen £11m
      Alli £5m

Kane £0

In fact its been their more expensve signings (e.g. Soldado, Sissoko) which have not really worked out. But they have spent efficiently and still look a couple of steps above us. The players are there and there is nothing wrong with spending less money if we can grow the player.

And you compare with Man City who have spent around 30m + (each) on 3/4 centre backs in the last few years and still dont look solid.

Quality>Quantity

But I'm not against spending big, if we can get Van Dijk, he would be worth every penny. Mane and Gigi are both very good signings. I'm saying we should not turn our noses up on other players who are valued at the lower end.

We should just buy their scouting Team!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28894: Apr 16, 2017 11:34:47 am

He's on a different level to Lovren in all honesty. I can't remember what the hype was like about Lovren but I wasn't that big of a fan. The only captain comments I've seen about Lovren have been meant as a joke.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #28895: Apr 16, 2017 11:42:13 am

We should just buy their scouting Team!

I thought their scouts just followed ours around a few seasons ago! 😁 Apparently we didn't think Alderweireld Ali and Eriksson were worth those amounts! 👍
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #28896: Apr 16, 2017 11:46:36 am
      I remember that..nearly forgot all about thanks to my hazy memory.

Yep any time we showed an interest in anyone, their names were always mentioned in the article.

Time to turn the tables on the cu*ts.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #28897: Apr 16, 2017 06:38:16 pm

Biggest f**k up we have made regarding purchasing a player (or not in this case) we have made for a long time. If ever there was a player who has the ability to replace the impact Gerrard had with winning us games, that is the one. Gutted and the numbers he is racking up for goals and assists at his age is incredible.
      Whoever pulled the plug on this transfer needs to be banished from having any say on a player again!
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #28898: Apr 16, 2017 07:06:57 pm
      Biggest f**k up we have made regarding purchasing a player (or not in this case) we have made for a long time. If ever there was a player who has the ability to replace the impact Gerrard had with winning us games, that is the one. Gutted and the numbers he is racking up for goals and assists at his age is incredible.
      Whoever pulled the plug on this transfer needs to be banished from having any say on a player again!

Absolutely agree with this, hate watching a Liverpool fan that we could've bought for buttons become one of the best players in England.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #28901: Apr 16, 2017 10:39:58 pm
      As if any of this is likely hence why it's being leaked to the fans to keep us all transfixed on some amazing transfer window coming up.

Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #28902: Apr 16, 2017 10:58:21 pm
      I like Ox ruined a bit at Arsenal seems to get shuffled all over the place. £25M (same as what we paid for Gini and half of what we got for Sterling) I'd gladly pay that. Pace, power,  goals and assists yes please
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #28903: Apr 16, 2017 11:52:42 pm

Oh yeah, real goal threat this gem. 20 goals in 188 games for Arsenal, The most he has gotten in a season so far is 6 and 3 of those came in the League Cup. Consistently plays near on 25 league games a season but yet to manage more than 2 goals in the league, in fact he has 9 goals in 125 league games.

If there is one word to describe Oxlade, 'goals' isn't it.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #28904: Apr 17, 2017 12:01:25 am
      Oh yeah, real goal threat this gem. 20 goals in 188 games for Arsenal, The most he has gotten in a season so far is 6 and 3 of those came in the League Cup. Consistently plays near on 25 league games a season but yet to manage more than 2 goals in the league, in fact he has 9 goals in 125 league games.

If there is one word to describe Oxlade, 'goals' isn't it.

You come across as a dick
      Fair enough though I thought he'd scored a lot more than 9 goals for Arsenal. Still take him though
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #28905: Apr 17, 2017 12:06:56 am

Because you are wrong? Either way, don't care how you think I come across.

Fair enough though I thought he'd scored a lot more than 9 goals for Arsenal. Still take him though

Well he hasn't and I wouldn't.

Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #28906: Apr 17, 2017 12:08:42 am
      Because you are wrong? Either way, don't care how you think I come across.

Well he hasn't and I wouldn't.

I don't care that you don't care how I think you come across
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #28907: Apr 17, 2017 12:09:59 am
      I don't care that you don't care how I think you come across

Ok, congratulations. Pointless post of the year goes to you. Must have been because you were wrong then as it goes.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #28908: Apr 17, 2017 12:13:46 am
      Ok, congratulations. Pointless post of the year goes to you. Must have been because you were wrong then as it goes.

I guarantee you if we sign him he'll hit double figures. How can I be wrong on something that hasn't happened
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #28909: Apr 17, 2017 12:19:52 am
      I guarantee you if we sign him he'll hit double figures. How can I be wrong on something that hasn't happened

You are on one tonight lad. You say you can guarantee it and how can you be wrong on something that hasn't happened. At the same time, how can you guarentee it? Like you say, it hasn't happened, for all you know he could break his leg in his first game and never play again. Then your guarantee wouldn't be looking too good, just like his goal record at Arsenal.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28910: Apr 17, 2017 12:24:04 am
      You come across as a dick

Why not check before you post then? :D.

Quick Reply