Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4253156 times
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #28911: Apr 17, 2017 12:27:15 am
      Why not check before you post then? :D.

I'm not a journalist do I need to fact check every post? I like him think there's a big talent in him, so shoot me
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #28912: Apr 17, 2017 12:27:41 am
      You are on one tonight lad. You say you can guarantee it and how can you be wrong on something that hasn't happened. At the same time, how can you guarentee it? Like you say, it hasn't happened, for all you know he could break his leg in his first game and never play again. Then your guarantee wouldn't be looking too good, just like his goal record at Arsenal.

Fair point  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #28913: Apr 17, 2017 09:13:12 am
      What is more likely: we sign a player that no other 'top team' wants or we sign a player that a number of top teams want? 🤔😉
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #28914: Apr 17, 2017 10:22:34 am
      Every time I watch Yannick Carrasco he has been excellent. Seems to pop up everywhere in attack which would suit us just fine.

Admittedly against a sh*te Osasuna on the weekend.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #28915: Apr 17, 2017 10:23:42 am
      What is more likely: we sign a player that no other 'top team' wants or we sign a player that a number of top teams want? 🤔😉

You old sceptic you! Come on, well have close to £200 million net to spend this summer, we can compete with anybody NOW. 🙄
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #28916: Apr 17, 2017 10:27:24 am
      Every time I watch Yannick Carrasco he has been excellent. Seems to pop up everywhere in attack which would suit us just fine.

Admittedly against a sh*te Osasuna on the weekend.

He's a great player.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Reply #28917: Apr 17, 2017 10:40:40 am
      I like Ox ruined a bit at Arsenal seems to get shuffled all over the place. £25M (same as what we paid for Gini and half of what we got for Sterling) I'd gladly pay that. Pace, power,  goals and assists yes please

Except for he doesn't generally provide goals or assists.

So there's that.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,579 posts | 1805 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #28918: Apr 17, 2017 11:33:52 am
      Getting a bit fed up with our squad being slagged off though, we are presently on a very good run of wins and the odd draw, mostly without some of our top players, Hendo, lallana & Mane, dont forget we have spent most of the season without Ings & Sturridge.

All things considering the squad has coped quite well. Much better than in previous seasons had we been missing so many top players.

The slagging the defence has got as well is a bit OTT, when fit Matip & Lovren are a very good partnership, with those 2 at the back we are unbeaten.

Its all good going into next season when Klopp will add a few more top top guys to compete in Europe.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28919: Apr 17, 2017 11:58:39 am
      Getting a bit fed up with our squad being slagged off though, we are presently on a very good run of wins and the odd draw, mostly without some of our top players, Hendo, lallana & Mane, dont forget we have spent most of the season without Ings & Sturridge.

All things considering the squad has coped quite well. Much better than in previous seasons had we been missing so many top players.

The slagging the defence has got as well is a bit OTT, when fit Matip & Lovren are a very good partnership, with those 2 at the back we are unbeaten.

Its all good going into next season when Klopp will add a few more top top guys to compete in Europe.

The thing is though, the squad didn't cope well for over a month which knocked us out of the title race. The fact that our number one centre back partnership has only been able to play 14-15 league games together is crazy and shows that the back ups aren't as good as what they should be.

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #28920: Apr 17, 2017 12:02:03 pm
      I dont think we have lost a single game with Matip-Lovren as our CB pairing. Would love to add van Dijk, although a bit sad that we'll lose Sakho. Left footed center backs are a rarity these days.

Matip, Lovren, 1st team CB (van Dijk), Klavan, Gomez and hopefully another young CB in the mix. Should be good and deep enough I suppose.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #28921: Apr 17, 2017 12:52:42 pm
      Matip, Lovren, 1st team CB (van Dijk), Klavan, Gomez and hopefully another young CB in the mix. Should be good and deep enough I suppose.

6 CB's? I really think that is over kill.

I'd prefer to have 4 with the 4th being Gomez who is considered a young CB, surely that is enough even in a CL/Europa League season?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28922: Apr 17, 2017 01:00:03 pm
      6 CB's? I really think that is over kill.

I'd prefer to have 4 with the 4th being Gomez who is considered a young CB, surely that is enough even in a CL/Europa League season?

6 is definitely overkill.

Matip, New CB, Lovren, Gomez ... I don't see why that (as you mentioned) shouldn't be enough. If push comes to shove then use Can as a last resort or Lucas, if he's still here. 
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28923: Apr 17, 2017 03:04:02 pm
      Sessegnon with a goal to put Fulham 1-0 up. First time I've managed to watch him live, he looks really good.
      « Last Edit: Apr 17, 2017 04:52:14 pm by mcarz »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,454 posts | 2848 
      Reply #28924: Apr 17, 2017 04:15:48 pm
      Sessegnong with a goal to put Fulham 1-0 up. First time I've managed to watch him live, he looks really good.

It's obvious that the kid is going to be very special. We need to learn from the Dele Alli situation and get the deal done.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,482 posts | 3436 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #28925: Apr 17, 2017 04:25:34 pm
      It's obvious that the kid is going to be very special. We need to learn from the Dele Alli situation and get the deal done.

Yeah raise his pocket and dinner money
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #28926: Apr 17, 2017 07:51:30 pm

I wonder what would have happened if Klopp was in charge when the Alli move could have happened.

If the club hasn't learned from the Alli F**k up then something is seriously wrong. Gutted every time see him playing for Spurs, knowing that if some people at the club didn't have their heads up their own ass that he would have been ours.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,579 posts | 1805 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #28927: Apr 18, 2017 01:06:14 pm
      The thing is though, the squad didn't cope well for over a month which knocked us out of the title race. The fact that our number one centre back partnership has only been able to play 14-15 league games together is crazy and shows that the back ups aren't as good as what they should be.

I agree, but I think that blip was more a mental thing about beating teams with 10 men behind the ball, touch wood we are over that now.

Sahko and all his shennningans is to blame for the CB cover not being so good. Klopp will sort it in the summer, Klaven was obv. just a kolo replacement, Id have kept kolo, but the celtic project was too good to pass up Id imagine.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #28928: Apr 18, 2017 04:11:08 pm
      I don't disagree on your first 4 center back choices, but Klavan can be a useful squad player.

Hopefully we are looking at 18-20 more matches next season (6-15 in the CL, one more in the League Cup and 4 more in the FA Cup).

So while guys like Moreno and Sturridge are probably off, there's no reason to jettison everybody who we don't fancy as a first-choice player. If we've learned nothing else from this season, it should be that we can't be too thin in cover. You see how much worse our record is in weeks when we play a midweek fixture bookended by two weekend matches. I would hope we sign a couple of frees, maybe one in midfield and one up front, for some extra cover, in addition to the more meaningful, first-choice players we have to sign to raise the overall level of the team.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Reply #28929: Apr 19, 2017 11:22:40 am
      I'll be F***ing fuming if we sign Hart he's no better than Mignolet.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28930: Apr 19, 2017 11:37:26 am
      I'll be F***ing fuming if we sign Hart he's no better than Mignolet.

We won't go near him.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,662 posts | 490 
      Reply #28931: Apr 19, 2017 11:49:25 am
      I'll be f**king fuming if we sign Hart he's no better than Mignolet.
      Meanwhile Carra has something else to say - http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jamie-carragher-urges-Jürgen-klopp-12900489

I personally would not want him here too.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28932: Apr 19, 2017 11:52:42 am
      Meanwhile Carra has something else to say - http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jamie-carragher-urges-Jürgen-klopp-12900489

I personally would not want him here too.

Carra will be ripping shreads out of him on MNF next season when he starts making mistakes for us.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,662 posts | 490 
      Reply #28933: Apr 19, 2017 12:28:59 pm
      Carra will be ripping shreads out of him on MNF next season when he starts making mistakes for us.
      Yes indeed. The last bits of the article also stated that- Ironically Hart made another costly error yesterday in Torino's 1-1 draw with lowly Crotone. Torino had dominated the match but Hart misjudged a cross to the back post to allow Crotone substitute Simeon Nwankwo to equalise.

So he wants us to sign a keeper who is also prone to mistakes like this, and according to him he has champions league experience too. Bet he didn't see Claudio Bravo who also has this "Champions League experience".

Quick Reply