Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 31st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W2 D1 L1

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4280771 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #29624: May 26, 2017 06:41:03 pm
      Interesting article and I remember it well. So it seems even Jürgen himself wasn't saying he only develops players from scratch and doesn't believe in shelling out for quality.

Given all of that, it's even more cirious that people told us different. Very odd.

Not sure why an issue has to be made of it though?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #29625: May 26, 2017 06:51:24 pm
      Not sure why an issue has to be made of it though?

No issue mate, it just never ceases to amaze me how people will heap scorn on someone else's point of view then go quiet at best or slyly flip flop at worst when they're proven wrong.

At least now we know that Jürgen WILL spend big if he sees fit, and WILL buy players who are English based (even Southampton ones).

Anyway what about that Dawoud bloke? I thought we'd already sussed him put to sign when his contract ran out. Isn't that this Summer?

Must confess I've still never seen the bugger play.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #29626: May 26, 2017 06:55:30 pm
      No issue mate, it just never ceases to amaze me how people will heap scorn on someone else's point of view then go quiet at best or slyly flip flop at worst when they're proven wrong.

At least now we know that Jürgen WILL spend big if he sees fit, and WILL buy players who are English based (even Southampton ones).

Anyway what about that Dawoud bloke? I thought we'd already sussed him put to sign when his contract ran out. Isn't that this Summer?

Must confess I've still never seen the bugger play.

To be fair, we knew that anyway, because he spent £30 million on Mane.

The problem was, he wasn't a "ready made star" or so called "proven quality", which only reinforces why Klopp is the manager and the rest of us type on forums.

Like any manager, he'll make mistakes in the transfer market, but I think they'll be few and far between compared to other managers.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #29627: May 26, 2017 07:07:47 pm
      To be fair, we knew that anyway, because he spent £30 million on Mane.

The problem was, he wasn't a "ready made star" or so called "proven quality", which only reinforces why Klopp is the manager and the rest of us type on forums.

Like any manager, he'll make mistakes in the transfer market, but I think they'll be few and far between compared to other managers.

I think "ready made star" is probably not a fair reflection on what most are saying. There's a big difference for instance between a reaonably experienced left back and Ryan Sessignon or Ben Chilwell. Either of the kids might end up being good buys, but you need a proper, bona fide left back to go along with them. Not necessarily a proven star, but a proper player.

Similarly, if we don't fancy Sturridge (and we don't), we need someone to replace him who is better than Divok Origi. That doesn't (in my book anyway) mean he has to be a proven star at all.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #29628: May 26, 2017 07:41:19 pm
      I think "ready made star" is probably not a fair reflection on what most are saying. There's a big difference for instance between a reaonably experienced left back and Ryan Sessignon or Ben Chilwell. Either of the kids might end up being good buys, but you need a proper, bona fide left back to go along with them. Not necessarily a proven star, but a proper player.

Similarly, if we don't fancy Sturridge (and we don't), we need someone to replace him who is better than Divok Origi. That doesn't (in my book anyway) mean he has to be a proven star at all.

Fair enough 'Mick, although I've seen it posted many times.

I've seen monumental hissy fits because we haven't bought what some consider to be "proven quality" and all the other names for top end of the market players.

Agreed that we need similar, or better than Sturridge to replace him, assuming Klopp doesn't want to wait until after Sturridges surgery and see how he gets on.
      I also agree we need a proper left back.

The problem is not one of money, or even one of quality because the margins are so fine at the top.
      No, the problem is the same as it's always been, and finding a player who fits, and enhances the team, rather than obsessing about price tags (not you BTW just to be clear).

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #29629: May 26, 2017 07:44:12 pm
      Predicted Signings:

Van Dijk £45 million
      Sessegnon £12 million
      Keita £50 million
      Salah £30 million
      Striker £40 million

Total Spending  £177 million

I have no idea about the price tags, but I think the first four players, or players like them, are likely. The final one on your list, I'm starting to think if we bring in a striker it will be on a free, someone to fill out the squad, but that JK will try to keep working with the same forwards.  His method of attack is so much about the moving parts, the clockwork of five or six players attacking tandem. No, that doesn't work so well against Burnley away (or Southampton home), but I don't think this is where he will invest a lot of money, for a certain subset of games where something different is needed. It might be someone we havent' even heard of whose physical prowess would allow him to be effective against the bus parkers.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #29630: May 26, 2017 08:52:29 pm
      Rumors of Iheanacho to WestHam for 24mil..this summer is going to be mental  :o
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8674 
      Reply #29631: May 26, 2017 09:03:31 pm
      Rumors of Iheanacho to WestHam for 24mil..this summer is going to be mental  :o

Can pretty much write a whole host of names of players on paper, put it into a hat and pick one out every day and just start a rumour every day of summer on who we're going to buy.

It's the same every year!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #29632: May 26, 2017 09:30:51 pm
      ;D I suppose if you pay the asking price for the player and give him top wages there ain't much else to talk about.
      I dunno mate:

A contract which, [just to test if they want to be here, of course], includes...£1.50 for the first twenty throw ins won; £1.80 for every five thereafter.
      £0.25 per metre run, up to and including the first 10,000; £0.40 per metre thereafter.
      £20 per tackle won up to the first 12; £21.50 thereafter and...
      Fifty bob per pass - takes a hell of a lot of talking. 😄

Unless Jürgen goes all last summer on their ass  and had all transfers done by the 22 July, obviously.  😎
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #29633: May 26, 2017 11:52:10 pm

A transfer deal done this quick? How 'rare' is that? Not very to be honest. 😁

I know, I was listening to one report that stated talks with both Manchester clubs began in February.
      7DocUnleashed
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts | 10 
      Reply #29634: May 27, 2017 12:08:39 am
      When you analyse how he set up last seasons squad, it seems that Jürgen was happy with a core of 8 defenders, 8 midfielders and 5 strikers. And this was going into a season with no additional European competition football

Unfortunately, however, injuries and the ACN depleted us mid season and left us with the bare bones. It robbed us of a potential title challenge. But the man himself has said “I am not a clown, I will learn”

From last seasons core, I think we will lose Moreno, Lucas, Stewart and possibly Sturridge. I am not sure about the Sturridge position. The feeling I got from Jürgen during the season was that he had had enough of the injuries. However, the vibe from both Sturridge's comments and Jürgen's actions in the last few games indicate that Danny might be here next season. Perhaps the physios have nailed the problem and the prognosis is good.

But if Danny is sold, and you also include the sales of Flanaghan, Wisdom, Markovic and Sakho, you could be potentially initially looking at a war chest of £100 million.

FSG have an average net spend of £30 million. Granted the last time we qualified for the CL they spent £117 million, but this was counteracted by the sale of Suarez. We had a minus net spend last year. So, including the new stands additional ticket income and, depending on the Sturridge situation, I can see us having either:

160 million to spend (Sturridge stays)

Which we spend on a LB, CB, 2 MFs and a winger/attacker.

190 Million to spend (Sturridge goes)

Which we spend on a LB, CB, 2MFS, winger/attacker, striker
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #29635: May 27, 2017 02:43:53 am
      Unknown & unproven to what extent? VVD plays in the Prem. If we buy him then we're not buying mainly for potential because he'd walk right into our current team.

VVD - moreless zero experience in the champions league and internationally. not in any way head and shoulders above Lovren when he was at Southampton or Matip, or even Sakho for that. Hes won the Scottish league - but so has Kolo

NK - zero champions league experience, very limited club football experience at a decent level, as far from a household name as you can get, limited international caps for a shockingly poor nation - more hope than finished article

and people suggesting that £100 mill for these 2 is something we are willing to pay

it amazes me the level of mediocre we accept.

and on another note people are suggesting that we sell Sturry for a lot less than any one of these - a proven goal scorer at all levels and British which apparently carries added value.

no wonder we get shafted with transfers.

£100 mill for them two would represent about 80 million pounds worth of profit for the clubs and for that we have 2 players who are doing alright in a limited period of time at clubs who are not achieving top accolades

« Last Edit: May 27, 2017 02:56:26 am by wellbuilt »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #29636: May 27, 2017 03:20:54 am
      Belter signing for City. Silva was outrageous the past two season. The only good thing about BeinSports here is getting to watch the Bundesliga and Ligue One and he was one of the standouts (with Mbappé) for mine.

Screw Markovic, just watched a kid called Bernardo Silva from Monaco who looked F***ing amazing. Offer them Markovic and whatever sum of money they want for him.

I'd bet my bollocks he plays for a top club in 2 seasons. You dont play like that and end up at Palace.

Also, people need to step away from the media reports. Jürgen will say one thing in the public eye that suits his agenda at the time. Every club and manager does it. Relax.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #29637: May 27, 2017 10:13:00 am
      Wow! Although completely unrelated to us, just read Troy Deeney could cost interested clubs up to £32m.

Troy. Deeney. £32m.

WTF 😳
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,346 posts | 4967 
      Reply #29638: May 27, 2017 10:22:05 am
      Wow! Although completely unrelated to us, just read Troy Deeney could cost interested clubs up to £32m.

Troy. Deeney. £32m.

WTF 😳

Ludicrous.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #29639: May 27, 2017 12:13:12 pm
      Watford rejected £30m from Leicester last season for Deeney.

Football is dumb.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,500 posts | 233 
      Reply #29640: May 27, 2017 12:15:15 pm
      Im sure Watford rejected £40m from China for Deeney last season or season before. They are mad.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,346 posts | 4967 
      Reply #29641: May 27, 2017 12:21:17 pm
      Im sure Watford rejected £40m from China for Deeney last season or season before. They are mad.

Bonkers.

You can see players like Deeney in your local amateur leagues.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #29642: May 27, 2017 12:36:17 pm

On that basis, IF we decide to sell Danny Sturridge, then the cost has to be £65m minimum...

fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #29643: May 27, 2017 12:49:37 pm
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #29644: May 27, 2017 01:58:25 pm
      Madrid just paid over £40m for a F***ing 16 year old with two senior appearances and wont arrive at the club for another two years.

What the F**k is wrong with the world?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,346 posts | 4967 
      Reply #29645: May 27, 2017 02:07:06 pm
      Madrid just paid over £40m for a F***ing 16 year old with two senior appearances and wont arrive at the club for another two years.

What the F**k is wrong with the world?

Football has gone mad.

The money was always ridiculous but it's getting more and more obscene by the year.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #29646: May 27, 2017 02:31:11 pm
      Football has gone mad.

The money was always ridiculous but it's getting more and more obscene by the year.

Something has to be done. Transfer fee come out of our money, broadcasters are taking immense amount of money to show the league. Tickets aren't cheap either.

There should be a cap on transfers and wages.

Quick Reply