Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 6th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W8 D1 L6

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4226234 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #30521: Jun 23, 2017 04:28:43 pm
      I don't think we are in for another attacker. I'm thinking if we get a CB and a midfielder that's likely the bulk of our business. Hell, at the current rate of negotiations, we'll be lucky to close two more deals in the next two months.

Salah is our earliest signing in a number of years
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,357 posts | 6396 
      Reply #30522: Jun 23, 2017 04:35:22 pm
      Salah is our earliest signing in a number of years

Nah, believe Matip was much earlier.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #30523: Jun 23, 2017 04:37:28 pm
      Nah, believe Matip was much earlier.

He was technically done before the season ended so he'd count as a late signing (but I get what you mean)
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #30524: Jun 23, 2017 04:37:49 pm
      Also says in Bild that "Liverpool have been told it will cost £63m to sign Aubameyang"

Dont know where they get that sh*t from.

Would love to believe we are after mbappe (future Henry) or Auba - but really dont see it

I would throw the money at him in a heartbeat, isn't the same ammount we're willing to spend on Virgil ?

Imagine the speed of our attack with mane-coutinho-salah-aubameyang ... 
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #30525: Jun 23, 2017 04:39:01 pm
      He doesn't, quality wise he is a notch below Keita' however he does have quality, is still only 24 and can play 1/2 dozen positions which I am sure Klopp appreciates (and damned if the gaffer does not half appreciate flexibility in players)

I have no problem getting Ox...as long as we still get that top notch CB and another attacker up front.

Midfield....Coutinho, Lallana, Gini, Henderson, Can, Ox, Gruijc looks just fine to me.

LB must be a priority, we can't rely on Milner playing there ... we need a top fullback
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,405 posts | 2827 
      Reply #30526: Jun 23, 2017 04:48:00 pm
      Looks like another attempt at Van Dijk, a push for Keita and a LB of some sort will conclude our business for this window. If we get VVD and Keita then it looks like a good window but can't help but feel not pushing for an out and out striker will cost us come next May. I get that Firmino suits the system and all that but there's some games where you need to go for the out and out clinical striker that knows where the back of the net is. If Firmino lifts his game to hit 20 league goals or Sturridge stays fit then fair enough but that's two pretty big ifs.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #30527: Jun 23, 2017 05:05:07 pm
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-red-alert-kylian-mbappe-13229526

For some reason, I'm irked by this article. I dunno why.

Ambition and all that is fine but I kinda find it difficult to digest that we wont be even "showing interest" on a 28yr old for €70m who would, most probably, be an instant success and will vastly improve our chances of silverware, but we are ready to put in a €100m bid on a 18yr old who is coveted by every single cash-rich club in this world, who wants to join Real Madrid and whose boyhood hero plays in that club!!

So we realize we need some injection/firepower in our frontline but will choose to do it or not based on a fixed target!

I mean, who is FSG kidding?

//rant over
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #30528: Jun 23, 2017 05:24:57 pm
      Really?....except for the fellas who were signed on free's earlier in year the last few seasons (matip) Salah is one of our earliest signings in the past 5 years so don't know where that's coming from.

Mane June 28th
      Gini July 22nd
      Firmino June 24th
      Lovren July 28th
      Lallana June 30th
      Can July 3rd
      Clyne July 1st
      Salah, June 22nd

Been a lot of talk about the move, negotiations etc for a fair few weeks now. Does seem to have dragged on a bit with us trying to beat the asking price down. Maybe that's why it seems as though it's not been completed as early as others?

Didn't realise we got the Mane deal done as early as that though, I thought it was during July we wrapped that one up.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,034 posts | 534 
      Reply #30529: Jun 23, 2017 05:25:04 pm
      He doesn't, quality wise he is a notch below Keita' however he does have quality, is still only 24 and can play 1/2 dozen positions which I am sure Klopp appreciates (and damned if the gaffer does not half appreciate flexibility in players)

I have no problem getting Ox...as long as we still get that top notch CB and another attacker up front.

Midfield....Coutinho, Lallana, Gini, Henderson, Can, Ox, Gruijc looks just fine to me.

That is a lot of midfielders. Plus you can throw Milner in as an option there as well, if we buy a LB.

i just don't see the point of buying another squad player midfielder when we already have plenty of similar quality options there. Either buy somebody top notch who will actually take us up a level, or leave the midfield alone and concentrate on strengthening areas where we more urgently need to strengthen ( striker, LB, CB).

I'm hoping that part of the appeal of Ox was that he can also give cover out wide and that, now we've got Salah, we will drop any interest.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #30530: Jun 23, 2017 05:32:46 pm
      LB must be a priority, we can't rely on Milner playing there ... we need a top fullback

The only LB we are going to get is a young up and comer to groom with TAA...I don't think this position is a priority to the gaffer.....if it was we would have done it last Summer/Winter.

We've had two solid links...last Summer Chillwell, this Summer Sessngon...both kids who would play sparingly behind Milner.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #30531: Jun 23, 2017 05:36:35 pm
      That is a lot of midfielders. Plus you can throw Milner in as an option there as well, if we buy a LB.

i just don't see the point of buying another squad player midfielder when we already have plenty of similar quality options there. Either buy somebody top notch who will actually take us up a level, or leave the midfield alone and concentrate on strengthening areas where we more urgently need to strengthen ( striker, LB, CB).

I'm hoping that part of the appeal of Ox was that he can also give cover out wide and that, now we've got Salah, we will drop any interest.

Again you need to get beyond the idea of static positions...going forward the manager has spoken ad nausea on the fact he does not like rigid formations/positions in attack and prefers fluidity and versatility.

Coutinho, Lallana, (Keita/Chamberlin) Gini can all play up top and all make run's into the box, its having quality players that can step in and play when others take the knock. Last year we averaged 1 match/week....this season will roughly 1.5/week...you need to have not just rotation but quality rotation.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,357 posts | 6396 
      Reply #30532: Jun 23, 2017 05:57:57 pm
      So much for the rest of our transfer budget......

https://twitter.com/PeterMooreLFC/status/878233243236974593
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,308 posts | 8594 
      Reply #30533: Jun 23, 2017 06:09:19 pm

F***ing hell, twitter getting trolled by our CEO now!!
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #30534: Jun 23, 2017 07:56:03 pm

F***ing hell, twitter getting trolled by our CEO now!!

:laugh:

Hey, least he's got a sense of humour! :)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #30535: Jun 23, 2017 09:17:17 pm
      Hell, at the current rate of negotiations, we'll be lucky to close two more deals in the next two months.

Really?....except for the fellas who were signed on free's earlier in year the last few seasons (matip) Salah is one of our earliest signings in the past 5 years so don't know where that's coming from.
      Oh Jaysus: make it stop! "Don't know where that's coming from". Really? 😂😂

Let's see - Maybe he got the notion that negotiations might take a while from the Jürgen "experts", who told us transfers "are rarely done quickly" AND...

Truth is also that if we are indeed looking to only purchase players that are upgrades to the current squad then we are dealing with a higher caliber of player and they take longer than a free coming out of Mainz...

Honest to F**k fella - you and thon other fecking eejit have flip flopped that much and told that many lies, you're in danger of disappearing up your own holes. 😕

#NoFuckingShame 😯

« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2017 09:22:20 pm by bad boy bubby »
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #30536: Jun 23, 2017 09:45:35 pm
      Oh Jaysus: make it stop! "Don't know where that's coming from". Really? 😂😂

Let's see - Maybe he got the notion that negotiations might take a while from the Jürgen "experts", who told us transfers "are rarely done quickly" AND...

Honest to f**k fella - you and thon other fecking eejit have flip flopped that much and told that many lies, you're in danger of disappearing up your own holes. 😕

#NoFuckingShame 😯

You know BBB this whole thing started when Jürgen came and people were wanting us to buy "World Class Players"  (OMG sign  REUS..Sign Lewandowski!!!) myself and others had noted in the past that Jürgen really didn't do "world class players"...that he preferred to buy younger players and develop them not buy "ready made"

So perhaps just perhaps there is a miscommunication of what exactly your talking about.....nobody ever said we would not spend money...what was said was the gaffer was probably not going to go out an buy £80 million pound + superstars.

At least that is all I meant...if you take it differently then not much I can do about it.

Keita
      Gini
      Salah
      Solanke
      Chillwell
      Sessegnon
      Mane
      VVD
      Pulisic
      Brandt
      Zielinski
      Dahoud

All these players we have been linked with or have purchased have things in common, they are relatively just coming into they're best years, they have a high ceiling and with the right manger could kick on to be the next Reus/Lewandowski/Aubumeyang...but they are not "world class"

The fact that VVD might be £60 million, Salah £40 million or Keita £50 million are more indicative to the absolutely insane market prices due to TV deals then the manager changing his ideas or views.

If the manager goes out an buy's

Neymar
      Lionel Messi
      Paul Pogba
      Antoine Griezmann
      Luiz Suarez
      Cristiano Ronaldo
      Paulo Dybala
      Eden Hazard
      Gonzalo Higuain
      Gareth Bale
      Sergio Aguer
      Mauro Icardi
      Kevin de Bruyne
      Alexis Sanchez
      N'Golo Kante
      Alvaro Morata
      Toni Kroos

Then I will gladly state to the whole forum that I had the manager wrong from the start.

#BBBalwayskeepingitclassy  ;)
      « Last Edit: Jun 23, 2017 10:21:33 pm by AZPatriot »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,357 posts | 6396 
      Reply #30537: Jun 23, 2017 09:54:56 pm

The fact that VVD might be £60 million, Salah £40 million or Keita £50 million are more indicative to the absolutely insane market prices due to TV deals then the manager changing his ideas or views.

No, it's indicative of the fact that Jürgen is learning what it's going to take to compete with City, Chelsea, United, Tottenham and Arsenal. With the exception of Spurs who've bought fairly smartly, the others buy ready made talent. Jürgen realizes that he's going to have to as well.

Those three players are QUALITY players and as such will cost a lot of money, the prices are relative. VVD maybe best CB in England if not one of the best around in the world, Keita, second best player in Bundesliga....and Salah, proven Champions League performer with Olympic pace.

These are not players that need to be nurtured into stars, they need to be inserted into a team with a good manager and other good/great players and they'll show how good they really are or can be.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #30538: Jun 23, 2017 09:58:23 pm
      Those three players are QUALITY players and as such will cost a lot of money, the prices are relative. VVD maybe best CB in England if not one of the best around in the world, Keita, second best player in Bundesliga....and Salah, proven Champions League performer with Olympic pace.

Are those "WORLD CLASS PLAYERS"?

Because again the only thing people were saying last Summer is that the manager was not going to go out and buy a ready made superstar.

Nobody was arguing that we as a club needed to go out and buy better talent or that we would never spend money.

If Salah was world class he'd cost 90 million
      If Keita was world class he'd cost 100 million

Really don't get how some are taking what people said last season in response to others expecting the manager to go buy superstars when he has never done it before...none of those players Klopp brought into Dortmund were superstars or world class when he bought them.

No different now.
      « Last Edit: Jun 23, 2017 10:04:31 pm by AZPatriot »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,357 posts | 6396 
      Reply #30539: Jun 23, 2017 10:02:25 pm
      Are those "WORLD CLASS PLAYERS"?

Because again the only thing people were saying last Summer is that the manager was not going to go out and buy a ready made superstar.

No, I don't believe that's what most were saying....I think most of us (me at least) were calling for proven quality.  There are only a handful of WORLD CLASS "superstars" and they don't often transfer between teams.
      I don't give a flying heck whether you call them world class or not, that's a subjective term that doesn't mean much.

But as for proven quality...Jürgen has shown he will (and is going to) buy proven quality and not just "ones for the future" as you and many others liked to preach that he would do. Remember...he never buys players that are already proven...he only buys youth and he MAKES them stars. Isn't that what everyone was saying?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #30540: Jun 23, 2017 10:08:23 pm
      No, I don't believe that's what most were saying....I think most of us (me at least) were calling for proven quality.

Sorry FL (and not saying you in particular) but the responses I and others gave last year were to those people screaming to go out and buy big name/big money players...ie Lewandowski, Griezeman and moaning when United went out and got Pogba.

Nobody was not saying we did not or would not want good quality players...but lets be honest here a year ago, if we would have bought Keita nobody would have even known who he was....so let's not go out and think he is now a global superstar.

Half the forum was bitching about signing Mane who was just another Soton player.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #30541: Jun 23, 2017 10:10:07 pm
      I don't think I have ever realised how much FSG feed things to the press for PR reasons as much as I have over the last few weeks. I am not being critical of them but I don't think we are realistically in for someone like Augmenang or Mbapee. Don't get me wrong, I would love either and I think most clubs would take both but I don't think the club feel it is a realistic possibility.

What I have heard from people within the club (no, I am no ITK) is they hope to complete 2 'World Class' signings, not counting Salah as 'World Class'. Does Van Dijk fall under that bracket? What about Keita? I have no idea.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #30542: Jun 23, 2017 10:11:25 pm
      But as for proven quality...Jürgen has shown he will (and is going to) buy proven quality

When the window closed last year and before the first ball was kicked did you look at Mane, Gini & Matip and say to yourself

"Now that is proven quality right there!, By God Jürgen really nailed it."

If you did then I will take you at your word but if you go back to last years thread you will see so many complaining about a free transfer, a player from a relegated squad and another Soton player, when are we going to buy some real quality because the lack of ambition is pathetic.
      « Last Edit: Jun 23, 2017 10:25:54 pm by AZPatriot »
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,129 posts | 127 
      Reply #30543: Jun 23, 2017 10:24:24 pm
      No, it's indicative of the fact that Jürgen is learning what it's going to take to compete with City, Chelsea, United, Tottenham and Arsenal. With the exception of Spurs who've bought fairly smartly, the others buy ready made talent. Jürgen realizes that he's going to have to as well.

These are not players that need to be nurtured into stars, they need to be inserted into a team with a good manager and other good/great players and they'll show how good they really are or can be.

Soz FL, but those teams you mentioned want to beat us, and JK,even with the current squad, can somehow defy the odds, they've tried, and failed.    Other teams on the otherhand have looked at our strenths and try to counter it.  Wether teams park the bus or not, maybe not the problem, cause maybe, having different options can be an option.  If he gets the players he wants , he has his own people he wants

Quick Reply