Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4218854 times
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,224 posts | 1222 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #31556: Aug 06, 2017 12:43:44 am
      I'm ok with keeping Sakho to be honest, but you know it would have helped if he'd been training with the first team at this point so when the season starts, he could actually.....PLAY.

I'm honestly baffled. It's like Klopp has basically not made any contingency plans for this season.

I agree. It's a strange situation to simply freeze him out so close to the start of the season without having signed a replacement.

I also think we'd stand a better chance of actually selling him for a decent fee if we hadn't already declared him surplus to requirements.

We are currently miles from where we should be at this stage of the transfer window.

The talk now should be of putting the finishing touches to a squad capable of competing on four fronts, not of whether we will actually sign another first team regular.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #31557: Aug 06, 2017 12:44:07 am
      Fact is, Klopp gives FSG plenty of slack now, and all of Klopp's cultist followers make for slimy bedfellows with FSG shills.

Have no F***ing clue as to what this is supposed to mean.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,224 posts | 1222 
      Reply #31558: Aug 06, 2017 12:54:54 am
      Have no f**king clue as to what this is supposed to mean.

Improvised explosive device
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #31559: Aug 06, 2017 01:20:09 am

F**k me. Moreno had 2 good pre-season games and now he's 100% back. Instead of getting Keita, we now get Milner as the new midfielder. What about losing Lucas, boss?
      Sounds like our business is pretty much done lads. I guess we'll continue "monitoring" some targets until August 31st but don't expect much more to come.

Still got his Dortmund hat on.

Used to selling stars and not accruing them.

Gomez & Klavan 3&4.

We've actually weakened the central defence when Lovren who highlighted again yesterday why he cannot be considered a mainstay in the team should be pushed down to third choice.

The spine has been left untouched and the lack of a contingency plan (as somebody above mentioned), is criminal IMO.
      « Last Edit: Aug 06, 2017 02:38:56 am by Beerbelly »
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #31560: Aug 06, 2017 05:30:56 am
      What an amazing transfer window we have had. Out of nowhere, 2 signings in the striker deprtment in the form of Sturridge, one mid in Milner and one of our pain areas LB has been cured with the signing of Moreno. I love Klopp more than any other manager in the world but this is surely taking the piss.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,185 posts | 1099 
      Reply #31561: Aug 06, 2017 06:48:01 am
      This VVD thing has to happen. If we are content to no longer look at MF options since Milner is moving back there or any other position for that matter than why not put in a sh*t ton of money to South Hampton for VVD? Like stupid money they CANT turn down! Boggles my mind that we aren't doing everything in our power to get him in and get Loveren out.

With that said, two of our signings were our best players in pre season. Solanke looks fantastic. No need in breaking him down since we have all had pre season to see what's he is about, but he looks like an absolute STEAL. Same goes for Salah minus the steal part (granted we did get him at a nice value IMO)

If Robertson works out (and I think he will) we could be looking at two starters to the 11 who will make us better and a cracking sub that has HUGE potential. Throw in that Trent looks primed to make a run at starting RB and you could honstely say that our strong attacking offense from last year is even better. IMO all of the frustration most of us have stems from the VVD situation. If we end up landing him before the deadline I think most of the tunes of this subject change. However, if it doesn't pan out in our favor than I foresee we all will continue to piss and moan. I know I will. I think Lovern sucks something awful and it literally makes me cringe watching him F**k up week end and week out

FSG would F**k up a steel set of balls, but I'm praying that they can finally prove me wrong and get a key target in before the deadline. Get VVD in here now!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #31562: Aug 06, 2017 08:38:46 am
      Sounds like the sort of stuff Brendan used to say.

Hmm... there are definitely echoes of press releases past FL.

Even when Rodgers was trying to dig FSG [Policy] out he kissed arse: remember this?

Senior stars such as Steven Gerrard and Luis Suarez have queried of late as to whether that has been the case and Rodgers admits the pair have a point, with it important to find the right mix of youth and experience.

He said: "I have got a terrific relationship with the guys there (FSG).

I will always do in my role what I think is best for the team and club. That is all I can do. It's not my money and not my club. I'm here to manage the group and, hopefully, we will get the players in to take us forward.

I have got no complaints with the owners. They allow me to work and work well. If you ask any manager, they will always look for a young player that they can develop. But there are certain times when you need that experience...

If we bring in an experienced player of the right quality, there would be no question of Steven Gerrard getting a boost from it; Luis Suarez, Daniel Agger and the young players would feed off it. That is the importance. If you are going to be up there fighting for titles, you need the right blend."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8411078/brendan-rodgers-admits-liverpool-need-to-add-experience-to-their-ranks
      Echoes?

Your starter for 10: who said this - Jürgen or Brendan?  :confused-smiley-013:

... he admits there is money to spend.

He added: "We have got money that can be reinvested back into the team...

We are just looking for the right players who fit the profile we want. It is going to take time.
      "

Echoes?

And who can forget this gem (one of my all time favourites):  :lmao:

John W Henry's open letter to Liverpool supporters
      "it is unfortunate that on this occasion we were unable to conclude acceptable deals to bring those targets in.

But a summer window which brought in three young but significantly talented starters in Joe Allen, Nuri Sahin and Fabio Borini as well as two exciting young potential stars of the future - Samed Yesil and Oussama Assaidi - could hardly be deemed a failure as we build for the future."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/19462018

Echoes?

"The next window will be the defining window"... Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.  :laugh:

Thank F**k Jürgen is able to manage 'the group' to a higher level.  8)

I mean: who'll ever forget Brendan's first venture into CL football with us?  :-\
      « Last Edit: Aug 06, 2017 10:04:04 am by bad boy bubby »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #31563: Aug 06, 2017 08:59:33 am
      :laugh:
      Do you remember this exchange FL?  ;)

January window Deja Vu.....

Maybe we'll keep Sakho and he'll be like a "new signing".

I know you are half joking FL but don't be too surprised if life imitates 'fiction'. 😊

I did warn you...  :angry-smiley-034:  ;D

Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #31564: Aug 06, 2017 09:27:50 am
      I have to keep faith with the simple fact that we have to buy to compete on all fronts this year. We all know it, Klopp surely knows it and FSG know it. However, listening to Klopp drooling over new signing Alberto Moreno and new midfield signing James Milner has got me very worried indeed, and of course new signing, winger Ryan Kent. Hopefully he is simply trying to be positive and optimistic. I've got everything crossed.
      Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #31565: Aug 06, 2017 10:00:15 am
      This makes very depressing reading. I cannot believe we are in this situation again, after Jürgen said right at the end of last season that all our targets had been identified. Absolutely no point identifying targets if we have neither the will nor the ability to actually secure them! We don't actually need a transfer committee, so why not sack the lot of 'em.
      RedWilly

• 9,198 posts | 1642 
      Reply #31566: Aug 06, 2017 11:22:15 am
      Window so far has been an absolute joke.

If we go into the season like this we will struggle.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,441 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #31567: Aug 06, 2017 11:34:02 am
      Sakho may end up staying but see absolutely no chance of him playing for the first team again
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #31568: Aug 06, 2017 11:36:45 am
      Sakho may end up staying but see absolutely no chance of him playing for the first team again

Which renders keeping him utterly pointless.

Bizarre if we don't sell him before the window shuts.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #31569: Aug 06, 2017 11:40:29 am
      Window so far has been an absolute joke.

If we go into the season like this we will struggle.

We'll probably start well like last season be in the top 4 mix for a couple months then injuries will kick in. We'll be knocked out of all cup competitions by March and struggle for 4th for the rest of season.

Rinse and repeat.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,441 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #31570: Aug 06, 2017 11:40:58 am
      Which renders keeping him utterly pointless.

Bizarre if we don't sell him before the window shuts.

25 to 30 million for a international centre back seems a good deal to me
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #31571: Aug 06, 2017 11:42:34 am
      Just don't get the panic with some of you.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31572: Aug 06, 2017 11:43:30 am
      I'm calm, still believe we'll complete the VVD transfer, we'll possibly see some action on that this week I reckon, he's still refusing to play and causing saints a headache, a headache they won't want continuing into the season.

They probably hoped leaving him to train alone in the opening preseason games would see him sort his head out and reintegrate him back in to the squad for the later preseason games, but he's remained on the sidelines adamant he wants out.

He's disrupted their preseason, they'll not want to carry that disruption into their league campaign having a player who's making himself unavailable for selection will weaken them and in my opinion they'll want to leave themselves a little time to replace him.

I could be wrong, its just how I'm thinking.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #31573: Aug 06, 2017 11:46:36 am
      Just don't get the panic with some of you.

Season starts in 6 days mate.

Do you believe we have strengthened sufficiently over the Summer?

Or are you happy to sit on your hands?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31574: Aug 06, 2017 11:55:45 am

My opinion is we should be ok for the first few games, the window doesn't close at kick off against Watford.

Its not the ideal situation, but it is what it is, if we can at least get one good transfer (VVD) over the line before the window shuts, i'll not be too disheartened.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #31575: Aug 06, 2017 12:03:30 pm

The Boss is calm makes me calm.

We still have time.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #31576: Aug 06, 2017 12:03:57 pm
      Stevie G is gonna be managing our League Cup campaign this season, Inglethorpe has got the FA Cup covered 😃
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #31577: Aug 06, 2017 12:12:53 pm
      if we can at least get one good transfer (VVD) over the line before the window shuts, i'll not be too disheartened.
      Personally I don't see us as being only "one good transfer (VvD)" away from a team which can win either the title or C.L. but, I must admit, I'm loving your new found optimism Daz.

« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2017 12:17:49 pm by bad boy bubby »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,349 posts | 6394 
      Reply #31578: Aug 06, 2017 12:28:03 pm
      Personally I don't see us as being only "one good transfer (VvD)" away from a team which can win either the title or C.L. but, I must admit, I'm loving your new found optimism Daz.

Yea I want some of what he's smoking (that good Emirates stuff).

Signing VVD shouldn't even be up in the air at this point. He should have already been with the squad training and we should be trying to wrap up two or three other signings. It's amazing how people think we can challenge on all fronts with the small improvements we've made.

Quick Reply