Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4246145 times
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #31970: Aug 17, 2017 06:46:11 pm
      Can't believer anyone is still discussing incoming transfers, you can tell from the increasing stream of the 'happy with my squad' comments that it's a case of laying the PR groundwork for the fact they are done.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,475 posts | 3434 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #31971: Aug 17, 2017 06:49:40 pm
      I cannot understand how we haven't signed anyone yet.
      If Draxler is free, we should get him. It's clear we cruelly lack at least 3 players in this team.

Free ? Even loans cost now, as for draxler plays better for country than club
      Kopite78
      Reply #31972: Aug 17, 2017 07:01:09 pm

We already have Moreno
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,530 posts | 1517 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #31973: Aug 17, 2017 07:19:06 pm
      Think this is now more a game of poker and we're having to play our cards close to our chest, cos we've deffo fu**ed up regarding the tapping up thing, if this does happen I reckon it'll be last day of the transfer window, as said previously in the VVD thread I think we're gonna need one of the other big boys to throw a bid in for him, then we can then make a bid ourselves.

If as has been stated that VVD wants to come here, then it'll be on him and his agent to pressure Southampton to accepting our bid by saying they don't want to go to other big team.

It would be nice if there were some back up options seeing as Howedes is being spoken about in wanting to come to the Premier League!

Personally, at this stage I have no idea of what might happen. If pushed I'd say we get VvD but (as you said) waiting for another team to make a bid, then VvD turning them down so he can join us, that's a major ask.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,206 posts | 1102 
      Reply #31974: Aug 17, 2017 07:27:22 pm
      Personally, at this stage I have no idea of what might happen. If pushed I'd say we get VvD but (as you said) waiting for another team to make a bid, then VvD turning them down so he can join us, that's a major ask.

That's a stupid strategy, but you are probably right as to that's what their thinking. That's like playing rush and roulette with 5 bullets instead of one. Don't work out to well, just like our transfer plans.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #31975: Aug 17, 2017 08:16:53 pm
      Jürgen Klopp's update on transfers

Jürgen Klopp has provided an update on Liverpool's activity in the transfer market.

The boss was asked for the latest on potential player arrivals and departures from Anfield during Thursday's press conference to preview the Reds' Premier League clash with Crystal Palace this weekend.

Klopp responded: “Unfortunately, my English is not good enough to give 500 different answers on the same question! You can obviously see the whole market worldwide is quite difficult. A few teams are still looking and we are looking, but that’s what I do when I’m not actually on the pitch or not thinking about training or not thinking about the next game.

“Of course we think [about] what we can do, but if the transfer window would have ended yesterday, we would already have a team which I like and which we can play football with. Of course, [we have] injuries here and there and that’s not too cool, but still in this moment a good team.

“The transfer window is a very important time, no doubt about this, but it’s also important what we do with the actual team. We will see what happens, I cannot change the answer because I don’t know.

“A few things can happen on both sides, but obviously everything leads to the direction of August 31 and it will, I can imagine, be a busy day, and if we [will be] involved in this busy day I don’t know, but we will see.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/272314-Jürgen-klopp-s-update-on-transfers

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #31976: Aug 17, 2017 08:25:34 pm
      Well, if Jürgen doesn't know, I hope to F**k whoever is in control of transfers does. 😊
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #31977: Aug 17, 2017 08:30:36 pm
      How could anyone be happy with that defensive set up? Thats madness.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,231 posts | 1223 
      Reply #31978: Aug 17, 2017 08:44:27 pm
      Sweated all through last season on making the top four, supposedly so essential for our progress, and yet here we are, a couple of weeks left before the transfer window shuts and having dropped two points in our opening game (because of the same f*cking problems we witnessed last season), wondering why in the name of f*ck we haven't address critical areas of the team. Sick to the back teeth of it!
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #31979: Aug 17, 2017 09:12:58 pm
      Well, if Jürgen doesn't know, I hope to f**k whoever is in control of transfers does. 😊

I've started to think that Jürgen seems to be the type of manager who only wants to concentrate and improvise on the team he's given rather than having to bother with finding new players. I think secretly he just wants the transfer window to end now.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,530 posts | 1517 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #31980: Aug 17, 2017 09:18:44 pm
      Jürgen Klopp's update on transfers

“The transfer window is a very important time, no doubt about this, but it’s also important what we do with the actual team. We will see what happens, I cannot change the answer because I don’t know.
      And if you bought VvD, he'd be a part of the actual team.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #31981: Aug 17, 2017 09:28:36 pm
      I've started to think that Jürgen seems to be the type of manager who only wants to concentrate and improvise on the team he's given rather than having to bother with finding new players.
      Without a doubt buddy and I tell you what; he has said as much.

I know some 'ITKs' would have had us believe "Jürgen is in total control of transfers" but that couldn't be further from the truth... He worked with a DoF at Dortmund and has openly welcomed the appointment of a Sporting Director [Edwards] here.

The man just wants to coach football and (sadly in our case) leaves player recruitment in the hand of others.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,372 posts | 8621 
      Reply #31982: Aug 17, 2017 09:30:59 pm
      That's a stupid strategy, but you are probably right as to that's what their thinking. That's like playing rush and roulette with 5 bullets instead of one. Don't work out to well, just like our transfer plans.

It's not that it's a strategy, it's pretty much our only option. With the whole tapping up shenanigans we as yet haven't put a bid in, if we do they're pretty much gonna produce some evidence that will support their claim that we tapped VVD up.

If for instance Chelsea put in a bid and Southampton accept, we are free to make a bid then because Southampton have shown their intention to sell.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #31983: Aug 17, 2017 10:07:27 pm
      City going for Evans is a type of player we usually end up with.
      mark_burm
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #31984: Aug 17, 2017 11:17:26 pm
      Free ? Even loans cost now, as for draxler plays better for country than club

Think he meant free to look for another club outside PSG not to sign on a free mate
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #31985: Aug 17, 2017 11:31:40 pm
      The closing of the transfer window is coming fast

yet were still short in many areas and seem lost with what to do.

we need a complete overhaul of the scouting network and transfer negotiators, time and time again we struggle to sell players and close deals.
      cozzy27
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #31986: Aug 18, 2017 12:23:52 am
      The closing of the transfer window is coming fast

yet were still short in many areas and seem lost with what to do.

we need a complete overhaul of the scouting network and transfer negotiators, time and time again we struggle to sell players and close deals.

1)Henderson, not a Liverpool Captain, never!!!!  I think of the great Liverpool captains, Souness, Gerrard, Thompson, Hansen- these guys had presence.  Hendo, nice guy im sure, but not a liverpool captain!  thats where we must start - find a leader!!!!!  n
      2) 30 goal striker, buy one now!
      3) VVD and Keita - forget about, and find suitable alternatives.  How can we not have a back up plan?!

Pool are unfortunately going to be sh1t again this year, unless you think 4th place is good.  (if you do, you are not a real liverpool supporter)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #31987: Aug 18, 2017 01:19:49 am
      1)Henderson, not a Liverpool Captain, never!!!!  I think of the great Liverpool captains, Souness, Gerrard, Thompson, Hansen- these guys had presence.  Hendo, nice guy im sure, but not a liverpool captain!  thats where we must start - find a leader!!!!!  n
      3) VVD and Keita - forget about, and find suitable alternatives.  How can we not have a back up plan?!

Pool are unfortunately going to be sh1t again this year, unless you think 4th place is good.  (if you do, you are not a real liverpool supporter)

Reign in the exclamation marks pal.
      « Last Edit: Aug 18, 2017 01:38:10 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #31988: Aug 18, 2017 02:22:11 am

So which 30 goal a season striker do you recommend?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,206 posts | 1102 
      Reply #31989: Aug 18, 2017 02:28:59 am

Damn, Harry Kane couldn't even meet your striker requirements and he has won the golden boot the last two seasons. ;)

Welcome to the site bud. YNWA
      cozzy27
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #31990: Aug 18, 2017 07:32:41 am
      Damn, Harry Kane couldn't even meet your striker requirements and he has won the golden boot the last two seasons. ;)

Welcome to the site bud. YNWA

Aguero, Suarez or a 'fit' Sturbridge. Main issue is we don't have a leader , a real one in Midfield.
      maybe Suarez returns as Captain?!
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #31991: Aug 18, 2017 10:05:59 am
      Another day another dollar not spent. Not linked to any other players. Only been linked to two players all summer. Can't get em. Never mind.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31992: Aug 18, 2017 10:12:01 am
      Another day another dollar not spent. Not linked to any other players. Only been linked to two players all summer. Can't get em. Never mind.

ah but there is interesting and encouraging news coming out of Southampton, basically they are skint after the takeover as it was all done with loans and leveraging etc so they aren't really in a position to hold on to their best players after all, ;D

Quick Reply