Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4254332 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #32154: Aug 21, 2017 11:16:23 pm
      Psg killing football

Now apparently agreed 201m deal for Mbappe and Fabinho from Monaco

:tosser: :tosser:

201mill + Lucas Moura isn't is? Madness. Must be great being owned by Qatar, literally unlimited funds, it's pretty much just fantasy football for PSG now. Unbelievable how the game has gone, dread to think the kind of transfer fee's in another few years.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #32155: Aug 21, 2017 11:28:19 pm
      Sky sports now saying it's a loan deal for Mbappe...make your minds up!
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #32156: Aug 21, 2017 11:35:12 pm
      Pearce says the could be one more signing.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #32157: Aug 21, 2017 11:40:58 pm

Pearce has been saying a lot this summer.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #32158: Aug 21, 2017 11:41:28 pm

I find it Very Very Difficult to think who that could be!  :f_whistle:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,484 posts | 3437 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #32159: Aug 21, 2017 11:44:53 pm

He meant juan moore who plays for atletico sporting club de norris green
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,406 posts | 6411 
      Reply #32160: Aug 22, 2017 12:19:19 am
      https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/899757239157837824

Absolute joke.

If you'd have told me before the window opened that we'd only sign 4 players I'd have laughed in your stupid face. Guess this club makes me the stupid one.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #32161: Aug 22, 2017 12:31:11 am

Absolute joke.

If you'd have told me before the window opened that we'd only sign 4 players I'd have laughed in your stupid face. Guess this club makes me the stupid one.

Might not even end up being 4 players mate, might just be the 3 and the way it is going at the moment, it will only be 3. One of which was a free transfer too!

If I was to put money on our season, I would have us finishing no higher than 6th or getting far in any cup competitions. We are basically no stronger than last season. Sure we have Salah now who's looked decent so far but we've also got Coutinho in a strop and faking injuries. All the noises coming from Klopp gives me the feeling we will just be trying to limp our way through this season and then try again with VVD and Keita next summer. The fact he seems content to not improve our defence further unless it's VVD worries me.
      « Last Edit: Aug 22, 2017 12:35:16 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,406 posts | 6411 
      Reply #32162: Aug 22, 2017 01:14:53 am
      Might not even end up being 4 players mate, might just be the 3 and the way it is going at the moment, it will only be 3. One of which was a free transfer too!

If I was to put money on our season, I would have us finishing no higher than 6th or getting far in any cup competitions. We are basically no stronger than last season. Sure we have Salah now who's looked decent so far but we've also got Coutinho in a strop and faking injuries. All the noises coming from Klopp gives me the feeling we will just be trying to limp our way through this season and then try again with VVD and Keita next summer. The fact he seems content to not improve our defence further unless it's VVD worries me.

I can imagine Klopp being stubborn but not stupid. This window is making me start to wonder.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #32163: Aug 22, 2017 01:18:41 am
      I would imagine after we qualify for CL on Wednesday we should see some activity on Thursday.
      If not we are screwed!

We are screwed. Period. FSG will not sign anyone (of significance).  :mad: :f_wah: :f_steam: >:(
      « Last Edit: Aug 22, 2017 01:37:44 am by RobieSlick »
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #32164: Aug 22, 2017 02:38:02 am

Absolute joke.

Can't say I'm shocked to be honest. We've gone more than one month without signing anyone, what else do we expect in the last 10 days of the window?
      This summer I've gone through all the stages of grief with regards to our transfers. I'm even past caring now.
      I'll give my full support to Jürgen and all the lads who remain here after August 31st but I must say much of my excitement at the beginning of the summer has gone.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,217 posts | 1106 
      Reply #32165: Aug 22, 2017 02:57:01 am
      Do we need more players? Yes!!! However, if Pearce is right and we only get one player and that player is VVD than I'm okay with it barring things continue to go the way they are with the players we already have in here.

Salah brings that pace that dictates so much for defenders. Paired with Mane the speed on the pitch is limitless and will result in a lot of sub par play in the second half for defenders on the other team.

Solanke looks like the steal of the window and really has unlimited potential.

Robertson is a true Left Back with beautiful crosses (I'm basing all of my Any Rob info on a friend who is a Hull fan) and is offensive minded. Needs work defensively but is improving on tackling and passing.

VVD would be an improvement to our D for sure. He's big. He plays headers on both sides of the ball well, and seems to have a strong all around presence in set pieces. We will still concede goals because of our style of play, but make no mistake about it, we are a lot better with him.

And best of all Phil will be staying. Phils style makes Dom, Andy, and Salah better. Phil gives Andy another target for crosses and outlets. Phil can give Dom and Salah plenty of chances for headers. Phils precise long passes were made for guys like Mane and Salah. If the one player coming in is VVD and we keep Phil than I'm okay with it. So far I like the signings we have brought in. Like all of u I wish there were more, but if they are able to bring in VVD while keeping Phil I think it shows that FSG are improving at this football thing. Key word in all of this is "IF"
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,602 posts | 1509 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #32166: Aug 22, 2017 07:36:59 am
      I'd take a cardboard cutout of a top centre back right now...
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #32167: Aug 22, 2017 07:58:03 am
      Sky sports now saying it's a loan deal for Mbappe...make your minds up!

What a weird deal that would be
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,484 posts | 3437 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #32168: Aug 22, 2017 08:04:20 am

Trying to get around ffp as if it isn't already just a sham
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,218 posts | 4417 
      Reply #32169: Aug 22, 2017 08:55:03 am
      Rumours from a Spanish Rag that Kovacic has said he would be happy to join us, hope to god there is some truth in it.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #32170: Aug 22, 2017 10:28:57 am
      Iniesta has stated he is now considering his future at Barca

I'd put a bid in for a laugh, just to piss off Barca 😁
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #32171: Aug 22, 2017 10:35:25 am

What's his release clause?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,639 posts | 3864 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #32172: Aug 22, 2017 10:40:18 am

Watched the Barca game this week. Pre match was like a political review. They're a club in turmoil right now.

By all accounts players and fans not happy with who is running it.

Messi looked angry as hell too. 😂
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #32173: Aug 22, 2017 11:23:13 am
      Can't say I'm shocked to be honest. We've gone more than one month without signing anyone, what else do we expect in the last 10 days of the window?
      This summer I've gone through all the stages of grief with regards to our transfers. I'm even past caring now.
      I'll give my full support to Jürgen and all the lads who remain here after August 31st but I must say much of my excitement at the beginning of the summer has gone.

I'm sure things will start happening after tomorrow in regards that who will come and go. I've said before that players and their agents are fickle and they will want some gaurentees about us in the CL. If we do go through I'm sure there will be rumblings on the VVD camp. I'm not all together sure that this thing with Phil is quite over. If Barca really do want him, as the transfer window starts to close I'm sure there will be a sniff of desperation on their part, so I'm sure it's not over yet. I like this Kovacic rumour that's going around I'm sure he bring some energy to our midfield. I'm don't think this Keita deal is dead yet either so I think there's plenty to get excited about. Of course on the other hand it could also be another damp squid......I'm sure.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #32174: Aug 22, 2017 01:15:05 pm
      Watched Everton vs Man city last night... Can believe that Calvert-Lewin was not on our radar... the guy has "Real" controlled pace...runs away from defenders, and would give both Salah and Moreno a real foot race, and has a great footballing head on him. Has to be on of the buys of the season at £1.5m. Along with the likes of Gueye, and the young Holgate Everton are looking a real force this season, and with the way that we have been playing I don't fancy our chance against them....
      Not on Coutinho....
      If Barca comes back and offers £130 m and we do not sell, we want shooting...

What is the point in keeping someone who wants away from us, especially if it mean we miss out on targets.(VVD)...?
      If Coutinho had the mind to do it ,He could play well enough to make sure he gets pick for Brazil, and still continue to feign injury to his back so as not to play in the majority of the games, therefore forcing through a deal next season for less money ; and where would that have gotten us...?? Let take the money,F**k him off, and reinvest it
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #32175: Aug 22, 2017 01:29:34 pm
      Let take the money,F**k him off, and reinvest it

Have you been keeping an eye on how we've handled this transfer window?

Ok, then behave yourself you silly sausage...
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #32176: Aug 22, 2017 01:44:50 pm
      Really poor window if we had designs on winning a title.

As it is, I don't think we really do have a realistic ambition of silverware.

An early exit from Europe could see us in with a shout of a top 4 finnish (what is the point of that?) but if we go past the group stages (perhaps into the Europa) our squad will be foubd out once again.

Got a great manager in Klopp and it would be nice to see what he could do with a complete squad and a few extra touches of class around the place.

But at this rate, we will look back on his era like we do with that under Rafa... Wondering what could have been under different circumstances.

Quick Reply