Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4291448 times
      Kopite78
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #32315: Aug 25, 2017 02:49:16 pm
      Signed for them in 2008, and didn't move to Milan until he was 18, staying at Vasco for 2 years on loan, because he couldn't complete the move until he was 18.
      So yes, he signed for Milan in 2008.

:D

Well if you're being pedantic he actually signed a pre contract at 16 (Lfc history) but didn't actually sign for them until 2010

Even in your reading of it you're counting him not getting games at Inter for two years when he wasn't there nor could be there. In that time he played 43 times for Vasco.
      He played 106 first team games before he signed for us at what 20? 21?
      Sanches has played 61 first team games at 19.. So not much difference between them

You said 28 in 5 years when it's actually 47 in 2 and a half.

In the year he signed for us in the January he'd made 19 apps all comps that season between August and Christmas.
      He want a regular by any stretch but he wasn't never in the side
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #32316: Aug 25, 2017 02:49:48 pm
      Oh...ok Trump...try and nuance your way out of it.

Do I really need to quote what you said again?

28 apps in 5 years at inter, plus 2 loans.

Hard to make an appearance AT Inter when he wasn't AT Inter.

Yes, 28 apps in 5 years, plus 2 loan spells.
      You can try and spin it however you want, and no doubt this is another puerile attempt to goad someone into an argument so you can create some drama, but as I said before, I'm not falling for it, so off you trot and bug someone else.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #32317: Aug 25, 2017 02:53:08 pm
      :D

Well if you're being pedantic he actually signed a pre contract at 16 (Lfc history) but didn't actually sign for them until 2010

Even in your reading of it you're counting him not getting games at Inter for two years when he wasn't there nor could be there. In that time he played 43 times for Vasco.
      He played 106 first team games before he signed for us at what 20? 21?
      Sanches has played 61 first team games at 19.. So not much difference between them

You said 28 in 5 years when it's actually 47 in 2 and a half.

In the year he signed for us in the January he'd made 19 apps all comps that season between August and Christmas.
      He want a regular by any stretch but he wasn't never in the side

Nope, he was signed in 2008, for 4 million, and immediately signed a loan deal because of his age.

It's not hard to understand, surely.

If you want to go down the road of pedantry, try getting the facts right first.

Although to be honest, I'm already bored of this conversation.
      Everything I've posted is fact, not opinion, and only F***ing idiots argue with facts, so I'll leave you to it.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #32318: Aug 25, 2017 02:56:08 pm
      Coutinho had played 300 minutes of league football the season we bought him. And we did so in late January. The rest of his playing time that season was in the Europa League. If Sanches were playing for a club in the Europa League he might well have had a few more minutes too - but he's in a top club full of midfield talent in the Champions League, which makes even harder for him to get on the pitch.

So yeah, of course Coutinho was struggling to get game time. He was 20 years old as well.

Sanches is 19. He might well be crap, I honestly don't know - but to dismiss a player that young on the basis of lack of playing time is silly.
      Kopite78
      Reply #32319: Aug 25, 2017 02:57:02 pm
      Nope, he was signed in 2008, for 4 million, and immediately signed a loan deal because of his age.

It's not hard to understand, surely.

If you want to go down the road of pedantry, try getting the facts right first.

Although to be honest, I'm already bored of this conversation.
      Everything I've posted is fact, not opinion, and only f**king idiots argue with facts, so I'll leave you to it.

http://www.lfchistory.net/Players/Player/Profile/1252

Whatever buddy. I can tell you like an argument so good luck with that. 👍

When you look at facts though you haven't even got the apparences right. Look at the link if you like to see.

Coutinho certainly wasn't a regular at Inter though no and wasn't in the managers plans so we got him.
      Very similar in his development to where Sanches is now looking at the  numbers
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #32320: Aug 25, 2017 03:04:36 pm
      What's with the loan business? Didn't klopp seem to suggest that we are not interested in developing a player for Bayern? F***ing act like a big club, please.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #32321: Aug 25, 2017 03:17:31 pm

When you look at facts though you haven't even got the apparences right. Look at the link if you like to see.

Coutinho certainly wasn't a regular at Inter though no and wasn't in the managers plans so we got him.

Why is it when you stick to your guns, it's just your opinion, but when I do it, it's "because I like an argument"?

Just passing on what I read, but the usual bollocks happens of people so bored they pick the fights, but if I answer, I'm the bad guy?
      Hypocrisy much?

Whatever his stats, games, form, the fact is he was hardly pulling up trees when we signed him, and that's the bottom line.

I'm not sure if I have this right or wrong, but wasn't it Rafa who told us we should get him, after coaching him at Inter?
      The next coach came in, and Couts was told he didn't figure in his plans.
      Seems that might have been a miscalculation, although to be fair, he's blown hot and cold during his time with us.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #32322: Aug 25, 2017 03:27:47 pm
      Coutinho wasn't struggling to get game time though was he?

Oh yes he was...it was the main reason we got him...no game time and Inter could not see a future for him.
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #32323: Aug 25, 2017 04:14:19 pm
      And a reason he can't get playing time. He's crap.

He's very talented mate, looked an absolute nailed on superstar 18 months ago but something hasn't gone right for him at Bayern. I'd be excited if we signed him whether it was on loan or on a permanent deal. Jürgen is pretty good at coaxing out potential and this kid has it in abundance.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 1112 
      Reply #32324: Aug 25, 2017 05:22:29 pm
      Oh yes he was...it was the main reason we got him...no game time and Inter could not see a future for him.

Sometimes it really is the system and the timing. From what little I have seen of this cat I think his strengths would be better utilized under Klopp. I want him
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,627 posts | 762 
      Reply #32325: Aug 25, 2017 05:48:10 pm
      Have we bought anyone yet???
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #32326: Aug 25, 2017 06:14:59 pm

Yep, Salah, he's actually played all season and scored some goals for us, surprised you haven't seen him. Robertson, he smashed it against Palace and Solanke, who's looked every inch a fantastic buy.

Other than that the number of 'like new signings' have grown by the day. We've got a new midfielder James 'Milly' Milner, to get that kind of experience for nothing in this window is tremendous work. Alby 'brainless' Moreno is our new left back, he's a bit like the lad who didn't play for most of last season, only far better but still in search of a brain. Then there's Trent Alexander-Arnold, another lad who's like a new signing because of how he's progressed, knocking an estabilished player out of the first team.

I must say though we've appeared to have lost one, we had a 'like a new signing' in Daniel Sturridge, but much like last season, rather than being like a new signing he's more like the villian from unbreakable.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #32327: Aug 25, 2017 06:24:54 pm
      https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/901131713249775618

Do we want him? If we're to let Kent go out on loan then he would be good back-up/competition for Salah and Mane (less so). He can also play wing-back or midfield as a 10. I actually think it makes some sense for us to go after him for that role, he played well for Arsenal in their opener and while at the start of the window £35m would have been hell no, right now it appears a reasonable price.

Not saying a big thumbs up, but always thought as long as we got a proper winger in that this lad would add excellent depth, even more so now we have the Cout/Lallana issues.

Definite yes for me. He'd be a good addition to the squad due to his talent and versatility, and I think he'd stand a better chance of hitting his potential in a Klopp style team rather than Wenger's. Suits the pressing and quick transition game imo.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #32328: Aug 25, 2017 06:25:29 pm
      https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/901131713249775618

Do we want him? If we're to let Kent go out on loan then he would be good back-up/competition for Salah and Mane (less so). He can also play wing-back or midfield as a 10. I actually think it makes some sense for us to go after him for that role, he played well for Arsenal in their opener and while at the start of the window £35m would have been hell no, right now it appears a reasonable price.

Not saying a big thumbs up, but always thought as long as we got a proper winger in that this lad would add excellent depth, even more so now we have the Cout/Lallana issues.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/alex-oxlade-chamberlain/club-after-summer-transfer-window

(Would also make the Kent loan much more understandable too.)

Does this excite you 'Luke?

I have to say I'm not a big fan, but the lads still pretty young, and maybe I'm being too harsh.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #32329: Aug 25, 2017 06:26:07 pm
      Definite yes for me. He'd be a good addition to the squad due to his talent and versatility, and I think he'd stand a better chance of hitting his potential in a Klopp style team rather than Wenger's. Suits the pressing and quick transition game imo.

Just shifted it across to his thread mate, forgot he had his own one to be honest. Yeah, there are a lot of positives, for sure.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #32330: Aug 25, 2017 06:27:59 pm
      Does this excite you 'Luke?

I have to say I'm not a big fan, but the lads still pretty young, and maybe I'm being too harsh.

Excite, no, but see the sense and see how he could progress immensely under Jürgen, then yes mate. Had this been 3 years ago then excite would have been the right word, but right now I'm happy with our front 4 and think this lad would struggle to get into it, but the drop from our front 4 to the bench is also too severe and he'd fit in well there.

Having said that, if his injury record improved and he started to realise his potential then yes he still has time to be a player right at the top.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #32331: Aug 25, 2017 06:30:39 pm
      Excite, no, but see the sense and see how he could progress immensely under Jürgen, then yes mate. Had this been 3 years ago then excite would have been the right word, but right now I'm happy with our front 4 and think this lad would struggle to get into it, but the drop from our front 4 to the bench is also too severe and he'd fit in well there.

Having said that, if his injury record improved and he started to realise his potential then yes he still has time to be a player right at the top.

Fair comment :) and I agree, especially the bit about time.
      He seems to have been around for ages, and I forget he's only 24.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,627 posts | 762 
      Reply #32332: Aug 25, 2017 06:35:21 pm
      Can the Ox play CB too?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 1112 
      Reply #32333: Aug 25, 2017 09:17:06 pm

What do u mean "play" CB? Dejan Lovern "plays" CB, albeit poorly.  :lmao:

Nah. He would be a mid field and winger option, with the heavy primary being midfield. However, with his pace he could also serve as a RB in a pinch.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #32334: Aug 25, 2017 09:32:21 pm
      Spanish media apparently linking us to Benzema....took them long enough :lmao:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #32335: Aug 25, 2017 09:40:10 pm
      Spanish media apparently linking us to Benzema....took them long enough :lmao:

Not like he has just signed  anew contract or anything :laugh:

Regarding Ox, he's allowed to leave then. Hopefully we leave well alone.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #32336: Aug 26, 2017 05:52:10 am
      Liverpool have made a bid for Real Madrid forward Karim Benzema, according to sensational reports in Spain.

The French forward, who found the back of the net 11 times for Los Blancos last season as they won both the Champions League and La Liga, is supposedly open to a Bernabeu exit.

And Diario Gol claim that Real president Florentino Perez is interested in selling the striker to Liverpool, despite receiving additional offers from both Arsenal and Borussia Dortmund.

Liverpool managed to keep hold of star man Philippe Coutinho this transfer window, amid intense interest and three bids from Barcelona.

Klopp is seemingly happy with his team, but may be looking to strengthen his attack with the £92million-rated forward reportedly being targeted

Spanish reports.

Crystal Palace are refusing to give up on Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho.

Palace are set to make one last push for the Frenchman next week ahead of Thursday’s deadline.

Boss Frank de Boer had insisted Palace have been priced out of move for Sakho, 27.

Liverpool want £30m for the central defender who impressed on loan at Selhurst Park last season.

But privately they still hope there is a slim chance a compromise deal can be reached for the out-of-favour stopper.

Palace have lined up £15m Spurs defender Kevin Wimmer as a back up option if they fail in their last-ditch bid for Sakho.

But they face competition from Stoke for the Austrian, 24, who has told another of his suitors, West Brom that he doesn’t want to play left-back.

Palace are also among the clubs keen on Southampton striker Shane Long, 30, along with Newcastle and Brighton.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/crystal-palace-liverpool-sakho-transfer-11056325
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #32337: Aug 26, 2017 06:44:30 am

At the recommendation of Rafa if I remember rightly.

Quick Reply