Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4261268 times
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,228 posts | 846 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #33419: Jan 07, 2018 01:47:34 pm
      I really don't see us signing anyone this Jan.

We will wait until the summer.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #33420: Jan 07, 2018 01:47:58 pm
      So fsg come time when sell all our best players no money spent because we no more star players sell hope sell up at some point fine bring in players like vvd keita buy we end up sell them down line like mane salah we win f**k all
      Where’s the guy that translated what Firmino said? I think we need him again  :confused-smiley-013:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #33421: Jan 07, 2018 01:48:39 pm
      Just get a new keeper and use Woodburn.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #33422: Jan 07, 2018 02:16:09 pm
      Looking increasingly unlikely we'll be getting a midfielder/forward this window. I suspect Klopp is ok with 1 out (Coutinho) and 1 in (VVD) instead of an actual replacement for Coutinho.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,221 posts | 1109 
      Reply #33423: Jan 07, 2018 02:26:30 pm
      I almost want to go away until something happens. The mood on her sucks, and I get it. However, the way FSG has backed Klopp has me perplexed as to why some of y'all feel this way now. We did the best possible deal for Keita. We got in Ox before the deadline, and he has been a nice player who has helped us get to where we are now. We pay 15 Mil more for VVD than this summers price tag was just because Klopp wants him that badly.

Phil didn't want to be here. What if we kept him on the squad and saw the negative effect of an unhappy player in the locker room? What if Phil's demeanor cost us CL next year? The writing was on the wall. He didn't wanna be here, and was going to act like a tw*t from now until he got his way. So why not do what we did? What else would you have done? I don't get it. We got GREAT player money for a really GOOD player.

I'm going to wait until January 31st before I let this get to me. Trust in the German Genius
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #33424: Jan 07, 2018 02:45:49 pm
      Get Mahrez!... for a reasonable price though.

Coutinho is gone, ok, farewell... We're still in a good position and can get a very good season.

I know Klopp thinks he is a great player and 8 goals so far this season (in 26 games) in a struggling Leceister shows that he is a top player still, although he is not the player he was 2 seasons ago.
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #33425: Jan 07, 2018 02:49:15 pm
      To be challenging for top 4 and seriously weakening ourselves and thinking we can carry on is just crazy, how much is it for getting into the champions league these days? Take that off of coutinhos fee and then it won’t look like such a good deal.

FSG out
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #33426: Jan 07, 2018 03:07:47 pm
      http://www.aloadofw**k.com/articles/philippe-coutinho-to-barcelona-why-160m-mega-deal-was-liverpool-at-their-best-4214778?utm_source=mediafed&utm_medium=rss-feed&utm_campaign=Feed-Latest+Articles

Great text.

I think the same. We have been very class and although we're losing a great player we still sealed the 2nd biggest deal for a player in history being bullied.

It's hard but I'm proud of this club.

We just need to get another good player in this team now... Another Mane/Salah please, Mr Klopp!
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #33427: Jan 07, 2018 03:57:18 pm

Maybe Klopp sees Woodburn as a natural replacement to Coutinho in the future. Klopp is no mug when it comes to spotting future talent, he's already proved it and could be a master stroke by him. When you look at it, Woodburn can play wide and Klopp has used him in that deeper role. Maybe Klopp thinks that he has Lallana, Wijnaldum and Ox who can play that deeper midfield role or he maybe thinking of a formation change but I think it all boils down to that we won't buy someone in this window to replace Phil. I hope Coutinho fulfils his dreams, he's been a fantastic player for us and has given us lots of great moments but he has been inconsistent at times but we have made a massive profit on him which can only be good news for the club...we are a business, there's no getting away from that fact, it's disappointing for our club and the EPL to lose such a good player but life goes on and we have a new superstar playing for us in Salah and one of the best managers in world football at our club. It's all about the club and us fans and when Salah, Mané, Bobby or any other player scores thier next goal for this great club, I won't be thinking about Coutinho.
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #33428: Jan 07, 2018 04:06:53 pm
      I never thought I’d see the say when Liverpool fans were proud of being a selling club.

Really sad times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #33429: Jan 07, 2018 04:09:31 pm

Then get Alexis Sanchez for free in the summer. Wow sweet!
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #33430: Jan 07, 2018 04:14:22 pm
      Woodburn is not ready, certainly nowhere near!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33431: Jan 07, 2018 04:20:00 pm
      However

Klopp may well have been told that he has 150m to spend  (for want of an educated guess and with history of FSG to work with)

Say he wants Lemar  (90m) but they wont let him go until the summer. And hes wants a new keeper and possibly a midfield option that would take up the  rest of that budget we know he isn't one to then settle for something he doesn't really want and taking what a 50-60m chunk out of that budget and miss out on his actual targets?

Not going to happen  (unless he wants him and not Lemar)

Hang on how does that work, even if you factor in the purchase of VVD then we are still £75 up on any January/Summer transfer budget we had before so Klopp should have more than enough money for a replacement for Couts AND top class GK.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33432: Jan 07, 2018 04:24:45 pm
      I never thought I’d see the say when Liverpool fans were proud of being a selling club.

Really sad times

In what way are we a selling club, BTW my defintion of a selling club is someone like Southampton who every single year sell their best players. By your definition Barca must also qualify as a selling club as they sold Neymar.
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #33433: Jan 07, 2018 04:26:55 pm
      In what way are we a selling club, BTW my defintion of a selling club is someone like Southampton who every single year sell their best players. By your definition Barca must also qualify as a selling club as they sold Neymar.

We are a slightly better Southampton

In recent years we’ve parted with;

Mascherano, Alonso, Torres, Suarez, sterling, coutinho

All of which were in prime form and world class who went on to win leagues, or are going to win leagues, whereas we have won nothing but a couple of top 4 finishes. We are a selling club, face the facts.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33434: Jan 07, 2018 04:35:06 pm
      We are a slightly better Southampton

In recent years we’ve parted with;

Mascherano, Alonso, Torres, Suarez, sterling, coutinho

All of which were in prime form and world class who went on to win leagues, or are going to win leagues, whereas we have won nothing but a couple of top 4 finishes. We are a selling club, face the facts.

How many prime players did Southampton sell in that same period, just to us? Yet we are only slightly better!! Its bullshit that we are a selling club any more than the other top clubs are.
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #33435: Jan 07, 2018 04:38:02 pm
      How many prime players did Southampton sell in that same period, just to us? Yet we are only slightly better!! Its bullshit that we are a selling club any more than the other top clubs are.

How many top players have Utd, Chelsea or arsenal or spurs sold in recent years?
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #33436: Jan 07, 2018 04:40:27 pm
      How many top players have Utd, Chelsea or arsenal or spurs sold in recent years?

Exactly. FSG set the precedent with Torres and it’ll keep happening. Salah is next. All he has to do is fake an injury and tell Klopp he wants to go to Madrid and he’ll be on his way
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #33437: Jan 07, 2018 04:44:40 pm
      Exactly. FSG set the precedent with Torres and it’ll keep happening. Salah is next. All he has to do is fake an injury and tell Klopp he wants to go to Madrid and he’ll be on his way

There’s already talk of salah to Madrid, if they offer £100 million John henry’s Eyes will light up with dollar signs and we will be waving goodbye to more talent while our trophy cabinet collects more dust.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #33438: Jan 07, 2018 04:50:33 pm
      There is absolutely no point in discussing whether Salah is leaving for Real or whatever.

I'm no fan of FSG as it is but there really is F**k all reason to start fanning the flames over sh*te like that.
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #33439: Jan 07, 2018 04:52:38 pm
      There is absolutely no point in discussing whether Salah is leaving for Real or whatever.

I'm no fan of FSG as it is but there really is f**k all reason to start fanning the flames over sh*te like that.

And why not? It’s enevitable, if he keeps up how form and gets offered a chance to win trophies he’s going to take it, and those money grabbing owners of ours will be sure to accept a good offer.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #33440: Jan 07, 2018 04:58:23 pm
      Already you’re hearing the journos saying we won’t be held to ransom blah blah. Why not, who cares we have £100M burning a hole? If we don’t replace Coutinho it’s time to get these leeching owners out of this club
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33441: Jan 07, 2018 05:27:11 pm

Plenty, every single one of them
      Chelsea sold Matic just recently, to Manure, and lets not forget about Costa
      Arsenal sold us Oxlaide Camberlain and are soon to lose both Sanchez and Ozil.
      Spurs sold Bale to Real Madrid and more recently one of their main defenders to Citeh and watch this space on Dele Ali.
      Utd might be the one exception but then they have been massively rebuilding their squad over the last few years

Quick Reply