Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4231079 times
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #35351: May 28, 2018 03:12:46 pm
      Neil Jones is usually pretty decent though, yeah?

Should be. Was with Echo after all.

Haha, you k now, I was watching the Sampdoria vs Napoli game and thinking that Torreira guy is decent. He is basically Medel, and from what I saw, he is very tenacious, reads the game well, good tackler but most importantly, a good distributor!! I can't see Klopp wanting him though, he is a short f**ker.

Torreira would be an astute signing, esp considering the release clause. Someone who would probably accept a second fiddle role to Hendo but may be can cement his spot as the season progresses if he can 'contribute' more than what Hendo can offer. Hopefully, Napoli wont sway him after they sell Jorginho.

number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #35352: May 28, 2018 03:18:13 pm
      I read that we have been linked to every football players there in the planet, the silly season definitely has started already...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #35353: May 28, 2018 03:19:29 pm
      I think I’m done with reading transfer rumours. It’s all bullshit. We are linked with every player under the sun and each one is ‘about to sign’ or has agreed terms. Then next day you read no contact has even been made. Waste of time. Happy to debate if a player is the right fit, but sick and tired of seeing the ‘will they won’t they’ merry-go-round of paper filler the press sh*t out on a daily basis.

Absolutely spot on with this point.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #35354: May 28, 2018 07:19:10 pm
      I would be jizzing my pants if this is true!!

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1001165154061516800
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #35355: May 28, 2018 07:24:55 pm

I'll be long dead in the ground with my sandstone headstone long eroded before this twitter account ever gets anything right.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,984 posts | 3061 
      Reply #35356: May 28, 2018 07:30:20 pm

I'll be long dead in the ground with my sandstone headstone long eroded before this twitter account ever gets anything right.

FMS right re their form......amusingly someone has already changed on wiki.....
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #35357: May 28, 2018 08:47:36 pm

It was a very quick death and cheap headstone in fairness.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #35358: May 28, 2018 09:27:27 pm
      Did I hear correctly that Bale earns £635,000.00p per week !!!!!!!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,291 posts | 4939 
      Reply #35359: May 28, 2018 09:51:51 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #35360: May 28, 2018 09:57:51 pm

Ha I always like it when a deal like this happens with nothing having been said about it because it just goes to show the likes of Graeme Kelly and all the "ITKs" are full of sh*t. I've seen the so called "ITKs" posting lists of players we are after and not a single one had Fabinho :laugh:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #35361: May 28, 2018 10:00:44 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #35362: May 28, 2018 10:03:36 pm
      To everyone who said we needed to sign a #6, defensive midfielder type, it has happened.

i wanted this all of last season but then it just looked like our priorities would be other places (attacking mid, forward,  maybe center back, now goalkeeper). There was a game late in the season when, right at full time, Klopp marched out and was remonstrating with Henderson about something. I thought then, the last time I remember him doing this was with Christian Benteke.

I don't mean by this that Hendo will be leaving. We need depth in numbers that is for sure, but there's no doubt that is the position we've just made a 40-million signing for.
      « Last Edit: May 29, 2018 11:11:37 am by Robby The Z »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #35363: May 28, 2018 10:09:36 pm
      To everyone who said we needed to sign a #6, defensive midfielder type, it has happened.

God, I wanted this for so long, so so so long, since... since Dalglish days when Lucas had his first serious injury!

Also, take note, Southampton , this is how you sell players, quickly and then move on so you can plan for the future!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,291 posts | 4939 
      Reply #35364: May 28, 2018 10:18:18 pm
      Ha I always like it when a deal like this happens with nothing having been said about it because it just goes to show the likes of Graeme Kelly and all the "ITKs" are full of sh*t. I've seen the so called "ITKs" posting lists of players we are after and not a single one had Fabinho :laugh:

Agree.

There are so many wannabe ITK's on Twitter these days. One minute you're following someone who knows nothing then all of a sudden they're tweeting transfer news as if they've a hotline to Edwards.

Proper weirdos.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #35365: May 28, 2018 10:45:39 pm
      God, I wanted this for so long, so so so long, since... since Dalglish days when Lucas had his first serious injury!

Also, take note, Southampton , this is how you sell players, quickly and then move on so you can plan for the future!

That's exactly what I was thinking - way back to that Chelsea match back in 2011 when he got injured. Never been totally rectified since despite trying to modify x amount of players in that role including Stevie himself.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #35366: May 28, 2018 10:49:50 pm

F**k Graeme Kelly. At best he's a charlatan, at worst he's a troublemaker.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #35367: May 28, 2018 11:18:03 pm
      My prayers have finally been answered! A proper CDM who can do the job defensively, tall, and strong, good tackler and has a nack for interceptions. We will finally have proper coverage in front of our CBs. This problem was so bad this year and cost us many goals. The only proper CDM we have is Henderson and while I like the guy, I just don't think he is that good. He's good, but not very good. Fabinho on the other side is IMHO very good. 

As a bonus, the guy is also pretty good when it comes to creating and attacking and he could become our designated penalty taker, something we lack when Milner is not on the team.

What I also I like about this transfer is that we went for a big name. Of course, the guy is not amongst the top 3 CDM's discussed in world football at the moment but a season ago when Monaco was getting raided by PSG, City and company, Fabinho was one of the targets many teams would've liked.

Let's hope this transfer means that our communication with Monaco is really good and they would look forward to more business with us...A.K.A Thomas Lemar :mixed-smiley-009:
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #35368: May 28, 2018 11:47:22 pm
      Spot on mate and every time "we are mentioned in being interested in a Player", the signing doesn't eventuate...so I'm really expecting us to sign no namers or names that haven't even been mentioned.
      Nail. Head.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,012 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #35369: May 28, 2018 11:50:01 pm
      Did I hear correctly that Bale earns £635,000.00p per week !!!!!!!!

I think he’s on £300k per week.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,984 posts | 3061 
      Reply #35370: May 28, 2018 11:55:10 pm
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,493 posts | 232 
      Reply #35371: May 29, 2018 12:14:22 am
      Seriously doubt we will try for lemar. He would want to play and where would he fit if Fekir joins.

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #35372: May 29, 2018 12:16:59 am
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #35373: May 29, 2018 12:46:53 am

Aggressive expansion.. F***ing love it if they pull it off..

Quick Reply