Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4207518 times
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,192 posts | 833 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #35374: May 29, 2018 12:52:13 am
      Aggressive expansion.. F***ing love it if they pull it off..

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #35375: May 29, 2018 12:57:46 am
      Carra speaks out :

Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher highlighted Jordan Henderson, Georginio Wijnaldum and James Milner as the three players who the Reds should considering upgrading if they are going to challenge for major honours in the future.

Jürgen Klopp’s side lost in the Champions League final 3-1 to Real Madrid on Saturday night, and while Carragher credited their efforts, he insists there are certain players who need changing.

‘Going forward I certainly think the midfield needs looking at,’ Carragher said on the Telegraph’s podcast. ‘That will change, with Keita coming in and talk of Lyon’s captain [Nabil Fekir] also coming in who plays that No 10 role.

‘I think we lacked something in midfield I’d say. We got to the Champions League final with that midfield three of Wijnaldum, Milner, Henderson, they’ve been superb – but they’re workaholics.

‘The class of Real Madrid in the centre of midfield with Kroos and Modric told really.

‘We didn’t have a player who could match them on the ball.

I think it’s important that we bring in a couple of bodies in that position. I’m sure that’s what the manager will look to do.’
      More: Liverpool FC

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #35376: May 29, 2018 01:37:49 am
      Carra speaks out :

Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher highlighted Jordan Henderson, Georginio Wijnaldum and James Milner as the three players who the Reds should considering upgrading if they are going to challenge for major honours in the future.

Jürgen Klopp’s side lost in the Champions League final 3-1 to Real Madrid on Saturday night, and while Carragher credited their efforts, he insists there are certain players who need changing.

‘Going forward I certainly think the midfield needs looking at,’ Carragher said on the Telegraph’s podcast. ‘That will change, with Keita coming in and talk of Lyon’s captain [Nabil Fekir] also coming in who plays that No 10 role.

‘I think we lacked something in midfield I’d say. We got to the Champions League final with that midfield three of Wijnaldum, Milner, Henderson, they’ve been superb – but they’re workaholics.

‘The class of Real Madrid in the centre of midfield with Kroos and Modric told really.

‘We didn’t have a player who could match them on the ball.

I think it’s important that we bring in a couple of bodies in that position. I’m sure that’s what the manager will look to do.’
      More: Liverpool FC

Already sorted :) If Fabinho is as good as people says he is, we won't even need to play with a 3rd midfielder. Keita and Fabinho could be our Alonso and Masch, Petit and Vieira, Xavi and Busquets, Makelele and Essien, Keane and Scholes etc etc.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #35377: May 29, 2018 02:36:12 am
      Oh f**k me, are the 'we hate the yank owners' club in town again for the summer season, zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yup, these idiots just default to their stupid hatred of someone just because they are "yanks", and do not have the mental capacity to think that it'd make no F***ing sense to rip up our wage structure for a guy who'll be 29yo by the start of the season and can only start 30gms for us.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #35378: May 29, 2018 03:15:32 am
      Seriously doubt we will try for lemar. He would want to play and where would he fit if Fekir joins.
      In my mind, its one of those two and not both just like you mentioned.

To my knowledge, Fekir is an AM who can play the striker position and Lemar is a winger who can play central positions, mainly Am, but he seems to be deployable as a CM to if needs be.

Based on that I would prefer Lemar because of the versatility that would help us more considering we've got wingers who score lots of goals. We also saw what happened this year when we started losing some of our midfielders to injuries. It greatly reduced the ability of our front three to play freely because the opposition had nothing to fear from Hendo or Gini compared to OX or Can heavily support the attack and have much better-attacking tools than the former two.

I'm curious of knowing what is going through both Lemar and Fekir minds. Are they looking to delay any move in order to play the WC or they prefer moving now and not risking a bad performance at the WC that would maybe reduce their options and their price tag hence their clubs refusing more offers than they would now?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #35379: May 29, 2018 05:05:57 am
      A defensive midfielder was one of the key areas so great to get it done so early.

Fekir, a quick forward, a centre back and a keeper and we're good to go.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #35380: May 29, 2018 06:26:50 am
      A defensive midfielder was one of the key areas so great to get it done so early.

Yep, the forward isn't such a major necessity, the other 3 positions are. We'd rather sign a backup forward who can offer us a plan B, a Target-Man, Rondon-type of player.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #35381: May 29, 2018 06:40:42 am
      Yep, the forward isn't such a major necessity, the other 3 positions are. We'd rather sign a backup forward who can offer us a plan B, a Target-Man, Rondon-type of player.

I think another forward is essential actually (second only to a goalkeeper). So much of our game is reliant on pace and movement and we don't have that on the bench at all.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,979 posts | 238 
      Reply #35382: May 29, 2018 06:47:26 am
      I think another forward is essential actually (second only to a goalkeeper). So much of our game is reliant on pace and movement and we don't have that on the bench at all.

Remember reading an article where it was mentioned that Brewster will be promoted to first team this year (Of course, if he stays).
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #35383: May 29, 2018 07:47:00 am
      Wanted a new midfield and Jürgen has gone out and spent £100m or so on it. Outstanding.

Couple of attackers and a keeper and we’re all set.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #35384: May 29, 2018 08:06:35 am
      Stranger things haven't or won't happen with these yank cu*ts in charge

Why would you even want Bale? Yea he’ll score a world class goal now and again but he’ll be injured two thirds of the season and demand £600,000 a week to do it
      Kopite78
      Reply #35385: May 29, 2018 08:09:59 am
      Why would you even want Bale? Yea he’ll score a world class goal now and again but he’ll be injured two thirds of the season and demand £600,000 a week to do it

When have I said I want bale?

I'll save you looking. I haven't
      Redangel

• 8,313 posts | 1007 
      Reply #35386: May 29, 2018 09:02:56 am
      What a very, very pleasant surprise to wake up to on a Tuesday morning! This is just the start, the final pieces of the jigsaw are about to click into place.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #35387: May 29, 2018 09:08:01 am
      I think he’s on £300k per week.

It must be a struggle for him getting by on 300 quid a week.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #35388: May 29, 2018 09:18:44 am

OH and MY and GOD!!

Here's me getting used to having the chequebook wielded, wanting Lascelles and Oblak as well to send us back to the promised land.

This is getting truly exciting after many years in the past of having to chase dross.

I think Fekir is nailed on. If Lemar is back in the picture then it'll be him signed or Dembele on loan.

Two more problem areas to address to either replace or provide competition for, that being GK and CB to replace or provide competition for Karius and Lovren.
      « Last Edit: May 29, 2018 09:23:03 am by RedStorm »
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #35389: May 29, 2018 09:20:46 am

Am afraid those targets going to the World Cup, we might have to wait. Players might have more options and sellers might slap a higher valuation after that. So we just cross our fingers that our targets screw up at the tournament.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #35390: May 29, 2018 09:40:04 am
      We’re not signing any defenders. I’d wager a lot on that.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 237 
      Reply #35391: May 29, 2018 09:40:17 am
      Sign Oblak and we will be champion i'm 100%...Please LFC listen to me...OBLAK, OBLAK,OBLAK...invest in top GK in world...please sign Oblak or Alisson Bekcer - but he is not Oblak level atm.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #35392: May 29, 2018 10:08:54 am
      We’re not signing any defenders. I’d wager a lot on that.

We’ll be signing a keeper then. Jurgenpress starts upfront. Klopp builds from the front.

First few to sign
      Salah - signed
      Mane - signed
      Wijnaldam - signed

Finally sorted the defence
      Van Djik- signed

Keeper is next
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #35393: May 29, 2018 10:19:37 am
      We’ll be signing a keeper then. Jurgenpress starts upfront. Klopp builds from the front.

First few to sign
      Salah - signed
      Mane - signed
      Wijnaldam - signed

Finally sorted the defence
      Van Djik- signed

Keeper is next

Definitely.

A keeper and some depth in attack is what we’ll see now i think.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #35394: May 29, 2018 11:18:17 am
      Just to say I think Lemar is a leftover rumour. He's gone off the boil and basically plays the same  position as Fekir. We probably are looking for someone to add to the front three, to have four good players there to rotate among three spots. If Brewster stays, he would brought along to hopefully supplement that, but he's never played a first team game and couldn't be considered a front line player at this stage, no matter how promising (and he's been injured for months, btw).

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #35395: May 29, 2018 11:28:04 am
      Sign Oblak and we will be champion i'm 100%...Please LFC listen to me...OBLAK, OBLAK,OBLAK...invest in top GK in world...please sign Oblak or Alisson Bekcer - but he is not Oblak level atm.

What is 'Oblak-level' really? These qualitative comparisons are really over the top during the transfer window.

I read this somewhere, and thought it made sense. How many times has anyone witnessed De Gea or Oblak stepping out of their territory and make forward passes to their midfielders or wingers? Both play behind defences whose priority is to NOT concede, that sit deep, insistent on squeezing out the opposition attack. Not playing down their supreme quality, they have mastered the art of guarding their line and blocking shots <cue> shot-stoppers!

However, Jürgen's #1, hate to compare but should be like Pep's. Pep once said other teams play with 10 players and a GK while his teams always have 11 players. Its akin to that. If you wanna talk about close-range reflexes, Alisson is no less compared to those 2! We need someone who needs to be on the front foot 90% of the game and thats why Jürgen and the recruitment team believe Alisson would be the better bet!
      « Last Edit: May 29, 2018 11:33:00 am by Vicks86 »
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 237 
      Reply #35396: May 29, 2018 12:19:56 pm
      Hmmm De Gea can't make forward pass, cause they play 1-10-0 formation all the time hahaha :)

You got point, but i have seen a lot of Oblak games and he is fantastic gk and sure one of 3 best in world (play for my national team).

Quick Reply