Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4248858 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #36455: Jul 23, 2018 10:27:07 am
      OK my bad mate, sorry. Yes the time to get Pulisic is now before he becomes insanely expensive, he is such a perfect fit for the team in terms of ability but also because of the owners and marketing etc etc. Its also interesting that Klopp was bigging him up pre match.

Get Pulisic now and I really think we can aim for the league, can you imagine him and Keita linking up with Mane, Salah and Bobby. F**k me opposition defences would sh*t themselves.

Agree with getting Pulisic but we still badly need another CB. Matip hasn’t looked very impressive so far and has yet another injury. Gomez looked far from comfortable too.

Lascelles and Pulisic would be perfect and are probably the 2 most realistic signings.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,309 posts | 1670 
      Reply #36456: Jul 23, 2018 10:44:59 am
      Think we have the numbers at CB but not the quality necessarily especially with Matip injuries and still think Gomez struggles with concentration and switches off at key moments would love Maguire despite people's views on him he is so much better than what we have got but no way we can afford him now
      Kopite78
      Reply #36457: Jul 23, 2018 10:53:07 am
      Think we have the numbers at CB but not the quality necessarily especially with Matip injuries and still think Gomez struggles with concentration and switches off at key moments would love Maguire despite people's views on him he is so much better than what we have got but no way we can afford him now

You could just buy an oil tanker to play at cb

With our high line he'd get crucified

I'm all for signing to improve but not signing for signings sake

Stick with Gomez and he'll be twice the player Maguire is
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,400 posts | 6408 
      Reply #36458: Jul 23, 2018 10:54:12 am
      They sell alot of shorts in the states do they? Didn't realise it was such a big market

Imagine if we can find a player who corners the sock market in fiji
      We are big on shorts, I’m wearing a pair right now!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #36459: Jul 23, 2018 11:42:07 am
      Think our incoming business is done to be honest. Not quite the complete squad but as near as I've seen from a Liverpool team.

Can see some fringe players leaving in the next few weeks now. We still have a lot of players who need to find new clubs.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Reply #36460: Jul 23, 2018 11:59:46 am
      That makes no sense, why would he develop more with them than us? I'm pretty sure he would get plenty of game time with us at a consistently higher level and playing with better players plus earn more whilst doing it.

Actually it makes perfect sense.

He will play week in week out at Dortmund first name on the team sheet.

Here we would be competing for a place in a more intense league.

He doesn't need to rush his career progression.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36461: Jul 23, 2018 12:51:01 pm

I think he'd play plenty of games for us as well and I'm fairly sure we could lure him to us, offer more money, better quality teammates and manager etc. From the club's point of view they need to acquire him up before he gets snapped up by Barcelona, Citeh, PSG, Bayern or Real Madrid.
      I really hope that there is something going on in the background, I sort of get the feeling there might be.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Reply #36462: Jul 23, 2018 12:59:40 pm
      I think he'd play plenty of games for us as well and I'm fairly sure we could lure him to us, offer more money, better quality teammates and manager etc. From the club's point of view they need to acquire him up before he gets snapped up by Barcelona, Citeh, PSG, Bayern or Real Madrid.
      I really hope that there is something going on in the background, I sort of get the feeling there might be.

I hope so too mate he's arguably the best player under 20 in the world now after Mbappe.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #36463: Jul 23, 2018 01:23:00 pm

Didnt we apparently try and sign him a couple of years ago, but Dortmund rejected it?

Don’t think it has anything to do with staying there for development now, just that Klopp knows there is no chance of the player going anywhere this summer. Unfortunately because he’s only going to get more expensive and this is probably the ideal time to get him.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #36464: Jul 23, 2018 01:27:15 pm
      Didnt we apparently try and sign him a couple of years ago, but Dortmund rejected it?

Don’t think it has anything to do with staying there for development now, just that Klopp knows there is no chance of the player going anywhere this summer. Unfortunately because he’s only going to get more expensive and this is probably the ideal time to get him.

There was this rumour I think it was in that January when the team was falling apart but no one was signed. At the time Klopp said that the teams just didn't want the additional money halfway through the season which is why no business was done. And I remember Pulisic and Brandt were the main names rumoured then
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #36465: Jul 23, 2018 01:30:19 pm

Not that it matters and just throwing it out there, but he was a huge Utd fan growing up and his favourite player was, Figo :D

Anyway, I prefer us to look into Brandt because he is more of a footballer than Pulisic. Pulisic actually reminds me of that c**t, Owen, very direct and quick, where as Brandt is more in the Figo mould of wide players and could probably do a job as a #10.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #36466: Jul 23, 2018 01:49:30 pm
      We are big on shorts, I’m wearing a pair right now!

Hey no joking about allowed....please see above!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,400 posts | 6408 
      Reply #36467: Jul 23, 2018 02:22:20 pm
      Not that it matters and just throwing it out there, but he was a huge Utd fan growing up and his favourite player was, Figo :D

Anyway, I prefer us to look into Brandt because he is more of a footballer than Pulisic. Pulisic actually reminds me of that c**t, Owen, very direct and quick, where as Brandt is more in the Figo mould of wide players and could probably do a job as a #10.

I disagree, Brandt is slower and not as skillful in my opinion. Brandt is another one of those players that seems like he should be better than he is (like Origi)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Reply #36468: Jul 23, 2018 02:26:55 pm

Pulisic is much better than Brandt and more of a Klopp player.
      rossyred

• 9,309 posts | 1670 
      Reply #36469: Jul 23, 2018 02:31:16 pm
      You could just buy an oil tanker to play at cb

With our high line he'd get crucified

I'm all for signing to improve but not signing for signings sake

Stick with Gomez and he'll be twice the player Maguire is

:lmao:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Reply #36470: Jul 23, 2018 02:38:20 pm
      Sell Mignolet and Karius.

Buy Butland.

Problem solved.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,400 posts | 6408 
      Reply #36471: Jul 23, 2018 03:03:34 pm
      How about Casillas?
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #36472: Jul 23, 2018 03:23:20 pm

Really? Am I the only one who doesn't particularly rate the guy? I could easily see Brandt just being, say, a slightly better Andros Townsend. That may sound harsh, but I've never seen anything particularly exceptional there. Chuck him on a team that counterattacks like, say, Leicester, and he'd probably look great in space on the break most weeks, but in a team that dominates possession against packed defences more often than not, I could easily see him struggle to make a consistently positive contribution.

Pulisic, on the other hand, has some exceptional traits, and both his floor and ceiling are pretty high to me. I also reckon he'd be better suited to our play. And jeez do we need more players that can take on opponents with conviction.

Just my opinion.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #36473: Jul 23, 2018 03:47:53 pm
      I disagree, Brandt is slower and not as skillful in my opinion. Brandt is another one of those players that seems like he should be better than he is (like Origi)

Pulisic is much better than Brandt and more of a Klopp player.

Really? Am I the only one who doesn't particularly rate the guy? I could easily see Brandt just being, say, a slightly better Andros Townsend.

Come on, where are the Brandt fans?!?! :(
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36474: Jul 23, 2018 04:01:42 pm

or Peter Cech, he must be unsettled at Arsenal now.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #36475: Jul 23, 2018 04:03:01 pm

I like Brandt, I remember seeing some discussions on him when Low left Sane out of the national team, and one commentator made the point that he's more versatile and capable of playing the passing game than Sané who is great talent but with more limited repertoire.

That said, the few times I did watch Leverkusen recently, I was actually blown away by Leon Bailey!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Reply #36476: Jul 23, 2018 04:17:19 pm
      Come on, where are the Brandt fans?!?! :(

He is good mate just not Pulisic good.
      Scottbot

• 9,623 posts | 2159 
      Reply #36477: Jul 23, 2018 04:38:54 pm
      Still being linked to the Lovrens mate with the bad hair I see. Not all that convinced by him based on what I saw at the WC. Given Jonny Evans was available for 3.5 million I'm not sure buying this lad for the reported 26 million or so would be Great business.
      « Last Edit: Jul 23, 2018 10:54:58 pm by Scottbot »

Quick Reply