Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 14th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P2 W1 D1 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4316296 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #40296: Jul 25, 2019 06:18:24 pm

Hard to believe this argument exists still.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #40297: Jul 25, 2019 06:27:19 pm

Is it me or does Fernandes look hammered drunk in that pic?
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #40298: Jul 25, 2019 06:34:43 pm
      It is disappointing giving how attractive our club looks now with recent success and results, money we have we are not flexing our muscle in the transfer market. We have not been in this position in a while and think it is a waste not to use this opportunity but it is not surprising it is happening. Klopp seems to like having a smaller squad number wise and have players plug into place when needed and playing our top side majority of the time. I am sure if the right player comes along Klopp sees can fit we will act but the way things are shaping up going into the season Origi will be relied upon early on (fair play he been scoring in pre-season) and he is not afraid to use Naby, Ox or Gini in more advanced roles when needed or Milner to play full back.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #40299: Jul 25, 2019 06:53:33 pm

I think its our owners pesonaly. Profit profit. To them its a buisness and the god of that is profit....

Profit to go where ? They haven’t taken a single penny out of the club. Such a poor statement to make
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #40300: Jul 25, 2019 06:55:27 pm
      It is disappointing giving how attractive our club looks now with recent success and results, money we have we are not flexing our muscle in the transfer market. We have not been in this position in a while and think it is a waste not to use this opportunity but it is not surprising it is happening. Klopp seems to like having a smaller squad number wise and have players plug into place when needed and playing our top side majority of the time. I am sure if the right player comes along Klopp sees can fit we will act but the way things are shaping up going into the season Origi will be relied upon early on (fair play he been scoring in pre-season) and he is not afraid to use Naby, Ox or Gini in more advanced roles when needed or Milner to play full back.

Have you or anyone else considered the potential fact that Klopp just doesn’t fancy anyone that is on the market and that he is waiting for the right person.

What’s the point in flexing your muscle if there is no one available suits the manager
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #40301: Jul 25, 2019 06:55:53 pm

Have you or anyone else considered the potential fact that Klopp just doesn’t fancy anyone that is on the market and that he is waiting for the right person.

What’s the point in flexing your muscle if there is no one available suits the manager
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #40302: Jul 25, 2019 06:59:42 pm

All players have a price, maybe that’s why we ain’t  flexed much yet..
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #40303: Jul 25, 2019 07:03:23 pm
      Ploughing through this board, I can see genuine concerns that we're not strengthening, especially after becoming champions of Europe and with CL windfall coming in.

But why is our fan base concerned for the boss of the current European champions? The boss has said it. No buying for the sake of it. Have room for kids to develop. He has emphasised on long term suitability over hasty buys as well. 

He has confidence in the squad and yet we, possessing much less information about the whole squad, do not share his confidence in the rest of the squad. We however, can only view from outside Melwood, and can desire or say whatever we like of the boss.

Klopp has after all brought us to the pinnacle of European club football and has more experience at managing a football team including losing many finals.

While we can take a view of his future and air our desires for the squad, I don't think we need to worry for him that failure to bring in someone will rear its head once the season gets under way.

We can say whatever we want. Klopp has made it clear he already has the squad if we do not bring in someone this window.

Would be pretty sad if we go up in arms against the same guy who got us number six, saying he should've strengthened when less than ideal results come, after the absence of a key backup player coming in.

After bringing home number 6 I’d like to think the vast majority will be on the managers side no matter what happens this season. It’s a game of opinions and at the end of the day that’s what this place is for. I hardly think the manager will be particularly worried about a bit of online criticism (that he will never read) if the squad do not work out in the event of key injuries.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 320 posts | 81 
      Reply #40304: Jul 25, 2019 07:06:33 pm
      Lots of chatter just now indicating LFC has a deal in place with Pepe as do 3 other teams and now it is a matter of Pepe and his agent making a decision.
      Another media false flag or finally some real news?

http://sportwitness.co.uk/liverpool-reach-agreement-principle-huge-signing-agent-commissions-now-crucial/

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/07/25/report-liverpool-agree-deal-in-principle-to-sign-nicolas-pepe-no/
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #40305: Jul 25, 2019 07:51:53 pm
      All players have a price, maybe that’s why we ain’t  flexed much yet..

I don't know, since the manager has been here i feel he's a pretty straight shooter...this last interview when he was speaking on how he looks at transfers has been the same since he got here. He is stubborn and it could be his biggest strength but at times it could be a weakness.

It might be a bit of a cop out to just say trust the manager, but seriously if people can't trust this guy (while understanding he's not perfect) why even bother supporting?
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,632 posts | 765 
      Reply #40306: Jul 25, 2019 09:10:47 pm
      are our cheap ass owners really not gonna buy a single player?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #40307: Jul 25, 2019 09:20:12 pm

How do you know it’s down to the owners ?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #40308: Jul 25, 2019 09:29:15 pm

Klopp has said it's not our year to spend big big big money.

I really hope hes speaking due to being happy with the squad rather than because we spent a bit last season.

The money this club generates is phenomenal and the past 2 seasons of reaching the CL final and then winning it will have added to that immensely.

Surely the money has to be there if there is a want to spend it.
      Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 180 posts | 28 
      Reply #40309: Jul 25, 2019 09:31:00 pm
      Lots of chatter just now indicating LFC has a deal in place with Pepe as do 3 other teams and now it is a matter of Pepe and his agent making a decision.
      Another media false flag or finally some real news?

http://sportwitness.co.uk/liverpool-reach-agreement-principle-huge-signing-agent-commissions-now-crucial/

"CalcioNapoli24 say the commission offered to the player’s agents will be ‘decisive’ in the potential transfer."

Sounds like the agent want to get more money.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,632 posts | 765 
      Reply #40310: Jul 25, 2019 10:14:44 pm

ok maybe it is down to klopp. We shall see i guess.
      CT_LFC

• 6,816 posts | 1407 
      Reply #40311: Jul 25, 2019 10:21:47 pm
      ok maybe it is down to klopp. We shall see i guess.

It is truly shocking that people still think transfers are out of Klopp's hands. How is this possible?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #40312: Jul 25, 2019 10:22:14 pm

The same cheap ass owners who took us from the depths of near obscurity back to one of Europe's elite clubs in under 10 years?

Surely that cost a few quid to achieve?
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,759 posts | 863 
      Reply #40313: Jul 26, 2019 02:38:21 am
      I agree with people saying we already have a very good team and that we came 2 points away from securing the title with a point tally that would've secured on any other season except for the past two.

However, we have to remember one thing. We can't only look at it from the ''Liverpool vs Man City'' point of view. 36 out of the 38 games we will play next season will be against clubs other than Man City. These clubs are strengthening too and won't be at the same level they were last year. Granted some of them will be weaker, but some will be stronger and you have to account for that when you go into an offseason.

A club like Arsenal, even with how their owners are not keen on spending, has already completed a couple of decent signings and might complete another couple by the end of the window. Same goes for United, Leicester, City, and Tottenham. If those clubs move forward, even if it's a single step, we have to either move forward a bit too to keep our distance from them or be 100% sure that we are still decently ahead of them without the need of adding new players.

It's not a question of knee-jerking into transfers because other teams are improving, but just a question of us too improving enough so we can keep the edge we have on our rivals.

Atm, imho, we need somebody to cover for our wingers bc the drop from Salah and Mane to Shaqiri is just too steep. Somebody who is quality enough to compete with those guys without necessarily being established enough to demand a spot in the starting 11.   Otherwise, I think we can do with a cover for LB and we'd be set.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #40314: Jul 26, 2019 08:31:00 am

So you think they would refuse Klopp the funds to buy who he wants at the moment ? and if Mr. Klopp doesn't want any one in particular, you perhaps think the owners should just out and buy who they think will fit in, for the sake of spending money eh ?

FFS, engage your brain before you make such ridiculous statements.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #40315: Jul 26, 2019 08:36:15 am
       My first visit today since the CL Final. almost back to reality. Not sure if this transfer is gonna happen, but it looks positive in little bits and pieces. Hope it does happen as we certainly need cover up top.
       Its good to see our transfer policy seems to have returned to a certain level of secrecy as it used to be. Looking forward to a late surprise myself.  ;D
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,300 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #40316: Jul 26, 2019 09:41:44 am
      The same cheap ass owners who took us from the depths of near obscurity back to one of Europe's elite clubs in under 10 years?

Surely that cost a few quid to achieve?

No doubt the same owners who are making a packet out of the club no doubt
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,776 posts | 7187 
      Reply #40317: Jul 26, 2019 10:40:09 am
      I just wish someone would tell them and Jürgen all we need is just One player a striker for £100mil and we would win every single game we play. NOt many would say I am a fan of the Owners but their transfer policy and structure has proved to be spot on and a big factor in getting us to where we are
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40318: Jul 26, 2019 10:45:06 am
      "CalcioNapoli24 say the commission offered to the player’s agents will be ‘decisive’ in the potential transfer."

Sounds like the agent want to get more money.

then pay it, we have the funds, honestly if this is the player Klopp wants then get the bloody deal done.

Quick Reply