Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4213867 times
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 62 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #40342: Jul 26, 2019 05:56:25 pm
      All this Zaha talk to Everton has me thinking isn't he actually the ideal player for us?

Ex united so no thanks always had a bad taste in my mouth when Ince came just doesnt feel right.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6389 
      Reply #40343: Jul 26, 2019 06:11:16 pm
      you think Klopp doesn't want to add to the squad? Honestly?

So who do YOU think we should overpay to sit on the bench? Because to upgrade our first team right now would take monumental money and likely screw our wage structure and locker room chemistry.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #40344: Jul 26, 2019 06:21:15 pm
      and likely screw our wage structure and locker room chemistry.

100% agree.

Really can't believe some still don't grasp it all.

The only person who cares about that sh*t is the manager...oh wait...he's the one that matters.

Does anybody listen to him? He does interview after interview saying the exact same thing; he has been consistent since the day he got here in how he builds a squad.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 735 
      Reply #40345: Jul 26, 2019 07:04:50 pm
      So who do YOU think we should overpay to sit on the bench? Because to upgrade our first team right now would take monumental money and likely screw our wage structure and locker room chemistry.

This is a backward mentality. Does Griezmann go to barca thinking he will 'sit on the bench'? i swear only our fans think like this. Its called competition.

Why are we talking about locker room chemistry? We already creating negative narratives in our heads to make it ok to have no signings? SMH.

mental gymnastics are unreal
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #40346: Jul 26, 2019 07:12:43 pm
      This is a backward mentality. Does Griezmann go to barca thinking he will 'sit on the bench'? i swear only our fans think like this. Its called competition.

Why are we talking about locker room chemistry? We already creating negative narratives in our heads to make it ok to have no signings? SMH.

mental gymnastics are unreal

Yes we know that the manger is wrong and you are right; you know all, see all and have the pulse of the entire club at your fingertips.

Let's face it the manager is negative and backwards thinking.

Truth be told he's probably in league with the owners and getting a percentage of the transfer budget savings under the table.

I'm sure as f**k glad your here to steer the ship for us; don't know what we'd do without you.
      « Last Edit: Jul 26, 2019 07:20:57 pm by AZPatriot »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #40347: Jul 26, 2019 07:31:10 pm

;D how do City, Barca, Real, Bayern etc manage it?
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 735 
      Reply #40348: Jul 26, 2019 07:35:41 pm
      Yes we know that the manger is wrong and you are right; you know all, see all and have the pulse of the entire club at your fingertips.

Let's face it the manager is negative and backwards thinking.

This is a complete red herring. We both know if there are no funds available for the manager to make signings he's not going to come out and say it.

Alls im saying is, after we win the champs league and our front 3 essentially playing for 2 years straight. We would make at least 1 signing to add to our attacking options.

Didnt realize it was such an edgy concept.

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 735 
      Reply #40349: Jul 26, 2019 07:39:35 pm

this kind of 'where will they play talk' only happens with Liverpool I swear. Even as far back as when we got Robbie Keane and everyone was like "ooh but what about Gerrard and Torres, wheres he gonna play?"

They'd say that in one breath, then in another claim we were a 2 man team. ;D

Now we're a '3 man team', but apparently our fragile dressing room ecosystem can't handle any more competition.
      « Last Edit: Jul 26, 2019 09:56:29 pm by PastorGeek »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #40350: Jul 26, 2019 07:54:18 pm
      All this Zaha talk to Everton has me thinking isn't he actually the ideal player for us?

loser mentality he will fit in well at the plodders club
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #40351: Jul 26, 2019 09:46:27 pm
      this kid of 'where will they play talk' only happens with Liverpool I swear. Even as far back as when we got Robbie Keane and everyone was like "ooh but what about Gerrard and Torres, wheres he gonna play?"

Now we're a '3 man team', but apparently our fragile dressing room ecosystem can't handle any more competition.

Yeah i always find it odd and I would imagine it’s something unique about our fan base where they make any excuse for why we should not strengthen year on year.

PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #40352: Jul 26, 2019 09:54:00 pm
      Yeah but not at the range of prices Palace are rumored to be asking.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #40353: Jul 26, 2019 09:54:14 pm

Dude, come on enough with the locker room chemistry, what about the importance of competition? There’s nothing wrong with that. I read some comments from Sterling a month talking about how Every year Pep has bought in another winger to challenge for his position and how this has spurred him on. I’m sure Mane, Salah and Bobby could handle a bit if genuine competition for their places in the side.

The tall and short of it is that Jürgen seems to rate our bench and reckons he can develop them further. I think we are all excited to see what young Brewster can do and hopefully Harry Wilson will prove his worth and force his way into the first team squad over the next couple of weeks. I personally think it’s a big mistake not to strengthen but let’s see how these youngsters go and whether Origi can continue to progress.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #40354: Jul 26, 2019 11:28:24 pm
      this kind of 'where will they play talk' only happens with Liverpool I swear. Even as far back as when we got Robbie Keane and everyone was like "ooh but what about Gerrard and Torres, wheres he gonna play?"

But in the end it is up to the manager if he wants to spend 60m on a player to sit on the bench.

Klopp & Edwards decided not to pursue Pulisic (Even though the board were fully supportive in sanctioning a deal) because they felt they didn't want to spend that much on a player that will not improve the first team. Klopp has said it numerous times that he would spend crazy amount if the player is good enough to walk into the XI ,hence we bought VVD and Alisson.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #40355: Jul 26, 2019 11:31:51 pm

;D, oh please, Barca, Real, Bayern and City have larger revenues per year than us and can afford to have 70m players on the bench. Their culture revolves around expensive signings because they can afford to have them. We, on the other hand we should be a bit wiser with what and how we spend the money and I kind of understand Klopp/Edward's approach where they don't want to spend 80m euros on nicolas pepe just as a rotation/backup to our front three, rather than find a similar player who would cost a fraction of that then at least we can use the remaining money to buy Mbappe when he hands in a transfer request :D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40356: Jul 26, 2019 11:39:14 pm
      ;D, oh please, Barca, Real, Bayern and City have larger revenues per year than us and can afford to have 70m players on the bench. Their culture revolves around expensive signings because they can afford to have them. We, on the other hand we should be a bit wiser with what and how we spend the money and I kind of understand Klopp/Edward's approach where they don't want to spend 80m euros on nicolas pepe just as a rotation/backup to our front three, rather than find a similar player who would cost a fraction of that then at least we can use the remaining money to buy Mbappe when he hands in a transfer request :D

So we can only afford 3 quality forwards, that is what you are saying right? In that case can you please explain how we can afford so many defenders and midfielders?
      We need to sign a 4th forward to play games rotating in for our current three, we can afford it and we need to afford it to reach the next level.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,439 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #40357: Jul 26, 2019 11:45:06 pm
      So we can only afford 3 quality forwards, that is what you are saying right? In that case can you please explain how we can afford so many defenders and midfielders?
      We need to sign a 4th forward to play games rotating in for our current three, we can afford it and we need to afford it to reach the next level.

Divock origi says high
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #40358: Jul 27, 2019 08:42:08 am

did you even read my post properly?

We need to spend our money wisely and the approach that Klopp/Edwards are taking is the correct one as we won't spend 70m on a bench player. We can spend that money but we don't want to unless he walks into our XI.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #40359: Jul 27, 2019 09:00:27 am

He can say hi all he wants ... he’s not of the same calibre of the first choice three, not even close.

If we needed to rely on him for a number of weeks / months due to injuries to Firmino / Salah / Mane then we are in trouble
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #40360: Jul 27, 2019 10:01:50 am
      As long as Divok causes the same amount of trouble as he did against Barca and Spurs he'll be fine
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #40361: Jul 27, 2019 10:02:29 am
      He can say hi all he wants ... he’s not of the same calibre of the first choice three, not even close.

If we needed to rely on him for a number of weeks / months due to injuries to Firmino / Salah / Mane then we are in trouble

I remember us being in trouble against Barcelona at Anfield and against Everton,it was a pity Divoc didn't play in those games or we might of won them.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #40362: Jul 27, 2019 10:18:48 am
      I remember us being in trouble against Barcelona at Anfield and against Everton,it was a pity Divoc didn't play in those games or we might of won them.
      Haha ... funny

Over a period of several weeks / months - when we are missing some / all of our first choice attack - let’s see what happens then

I’m not saying he’s a poor player, but if we had to mount a title challenge around him I don’t think he is good enough
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40363: Jul 27, 2019 11:05:37 am

As much as I love Origi's goals last season, he currently is not even close to the level of our regular front three, that is very clear when he plays a full 90 minutes, hopefully he now has some more confidence and will be played more but I have my doubts.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40364: Jul 27, 2019 11:08:40 am
      did you even read my post properly?

We need to spend our money wisely and the approach that Klopp/Edwards are taking is the correct one as we won't spend 70m on a bench player. We can spend that money but we don't want to unless he walks into our XI.

If we bought Mbappe, would he be a bench player in your mind, how about if we'd bought Hazard? You see I do not agree with this notion that any new signing will just warm the bench, if they are good enough then they will be rotated into the team PLUS we'd have a really good option to come into games form the bench, imagine Mane or Salah coming on in 60th minute to run against tired defenders, that is the option I want to see in the team.
      Anyway key word ROTATION.

Quick Reply