Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4261365 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #40526: Jul 30, 2019 06:19:25 pm
      I know I was in the ground watching him for the majority of his career. My childhood hero and the striker I compare everyone else too.

Have  to remember ask any striker worth his salt what's the fave goal the love scoring and they will mostly all say the tap in. How many times has McAteer mentioned it in pre-season about Fowler. There the goals that pay the rent to quote a famous line from a commentator about Keegan.

A tap in usually means the opposition have been torn apart.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #40527: Jul 30, 2019 06:21:45 pm
      Dybala to Utd swap with Lukaku hate to say it if that comes off Scum have got the better deal 

Infinitely better.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #40528: Jul 30, 2019 06:25:09 pm

How many time do we see swap deals come off?....paper talk nothing else.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #40529: Jul 30, 2019 06:34:42 pm

True and it also makes zero sense to sign both Fernandes and Dybala as they are both attacking midfielders can't see how they could play in the same starting 11.
      rossyred

• 9,312 posts | 1671 
      Reply #40530: Jul 30, 2019 06:39:21 pm
      True and it also makes zero sense to sign both Fernandes and Dybala as they are both attacking midfielders can't see how they could play in the same starting 11.

Fernandes might have gone by the wayside now may be the only way they can get Lukaku out makes perfect sense
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #40531: Jul 30, 2019 07:34:59 pm

Not to mention you’d have to be off your rocker to offer money and Dybala for a player like Lukaku. They already have a lazy lump of crap with Higuain, why add another.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 6419 
      Reply #40532: Jul 30, 2019 07:50:02 pm

And they are apparently signing Bruno as well.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,232 posts | 3483 
      Reply #40533: Jul 30, 2019 08:13:16 pm
      And they are apparently signing Bruno as well.

Apparently been signing him for two months now
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #40534: Jul 30, 2019 08:16:21 pm

Haven't seen Bruno alot, but the matches I have seen him play. He plays as a midfielder. Not as a 10, but a cm.

I have been fan of Dybala along time and used to watch alot of serie A, I remember posting here in rumors thread that we should sign him when he was at Palermo. He plays as a striker or a false 9, wouldn't call him a playmaker tho.

Anyway BBC reporting that they are in talks with juve for him. Wouldn't like that, if that happens.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,623 posts | 758 
      Reply #40535: Jul 30, 2019 08:34:37 pm

This kind of problem. Is only a problem for liverpool fc.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #40536: Jul 30, 2019 08:45:16 pm
      Still think we should bid for Zaha
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,623 posts | 758 
      Reply #40537: Jul 30, 2019 09:01:49 pm
      Still think we should bid for Zaha

Our very mature fans don't want him cause he played 2 games for Man United when he was 19 years old.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #40538: Jul 30, 2019 09:27:37 pm
      This kind of problem. Is only a problem for liverpool fc.

No it's a problem for the Scum who have thrown hundreds of millions at players over that last 5 seasons with no clear vision hoping money alone would solve their issues yet they are getting worse.

So how is this a problem for livepool fc exactly?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #40539: Jul 30, 2019 09:31:26 pm
      Our very mature fans don't want him cause he played 2 games for Man United when he was 19 years old.

So you make a sarcastic dig at any fan who doesn't want to sign a former Scum player who would barely warm our bench.

Yawn.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #40540: Jul 30, 2019 09:35:35 pm
      Good back up for our front 3
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #40541: Jul 30, 2019 09:37:21 pm
      Haven't seen Bruno alot, but the matches I have seen him play. He plays as a midfielder. Not as a 10, but a cm.

I have been fan of Dybala along time and used to watch alot of serie A, I remember posting here in rumors thread that we should sign him when he was at Palermo. He plays as a striker or a false 9, wouldn't call him a playmaker tho.

Anyway BBC reporting that they are in talks with juve for him. Wouldn't like that, if that happens.

Fernandes is an AM who likes to play high up. Dybala is a forward who likes to play from deep and run with the ball similar to Hazard. There is no way they will work in the same team. In which case I hope the Scum sign both of them.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 6419 
      Reply #40542: Jul 30, 2019 10:32:56 pm
      So you make a sarcastic dig at any fan who doesn't want to sign a former Scum player who would barely warm our bench.

Yawn.

I think you are having a laugh? Zaha would get plenty of playing time with us. He would definitely fit in skills and workrate wise but I don't think we are signing anyone. Read a thread on Twitter today explaining our finances over the last few years and it basically says that we don't have as much "cash" as people think. We are in good shape financially, but all of the revenue that we are supposed to have doesn't translate into available funds due to player contracts and commercial work (new training ground, stand development, etc...). Next summer we will be looking much better because of the way VVD and Mo and Naby's transfer fees are accounted for and also we'll likely be signing a huge new kit deal. The opinion of the guy analyzing everything was that this summer wouldn't be a good one for us to go crazy due to Klopp basically being happy with what he has and because next summer may be the better prospect for us buying. That's not to say we can't afford someone if a player becomes available that Klopp really wants, but we won't be buying just to buy (which some clubs seem to do).
      rossyred

• 9,312 posts | 1671 
      Reply #40543: Jul 30, 2019 11:06:43 pm
      You sure about that ?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #40544: Jul 30, 2019 11:10:13 pm

Pretty sure these kinds of deals are always talked about but seldom happen...so yeah.
      rossyred

• 9,312 posts | 1671 
      Reply #40545: Jul 30, 2019 11:24:45 pm
      Pretty sure these kinds of deals are always talked about but seldom happen...so yeah.

Seems to be gaining a bit of momentum
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #40546: Jul 30, 2019 11:33:51 pm
      I think you are having a laugh? Zaha would get plenty of playing time with us. He would definitely fit in skills and workrate wise but I don't think we are signing anyone. Read a thread on Twitter today explaining our finances over the last few years and it basically says that we don't have as much "cash" as people think. We are in good shape financially, but all of the revenue that we are supposed to have doesn't translate into available funds due to player contracts and commercial work (new training ground, stand development, etc...). Next summer we will be looking much better because of the way VVD and Mo and Naby's transfer fees are accounted for and also we'll likely be signing a huge new kit deal. The opinion of the guy analyzing everything was that this summer wouldn't be a good one for us to go crazy due to Klopp basically being happy with what he has and because next summer may be the better prospect for us buying. That's not to say we can't afford someone if a player becomes available that Klopp really wants, but we won't be buying just to buy (which some clubs seem to do).

Zaha is nowhere near the level of our front 3 yes he would do as cover but are you willing to pay £70 million for cover because I can tell you Klopp isn't.

Yes it makes sense we don't have a big transfer budget this Summer considering we spent a considerable amount over the last two seasons on players all of which were quality signings. We still have Naby and Shaq to integrate fully and Ox to get back to full form. I think our squad is in a healthy position but we will need to spend big next Summer for certain as I expect at least 5 players to leave.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 6419 
      Reply #40547: Jul 30, 2019 11:40:48 pm
      Zaha is nowhere near the level of our front 3 yes he would do as cover but are you willing to pay £70 million for cover because I can tell you Klopp isn't.

Yes it makes sense we don't have a big transfer budget this Summer considering we spent a considerable amount over the last two seasons on players all of which were quality signings. We still have Naby and Shaq to integrate fully and Ox to get back to full form. I think our squad is in a healthy position but we will need to spend big next Summer for certain as I expect at least 5 players to leave.

I don't think he's worth 70m. But at 40 or so, I'd think he'd be a good buy. Just look at his games against us. Always looked dangerous and terrorized our defense. He's quick, powerful, skillful and doesn't seem to take time off during the game. He's always getting after it. I'd take him happily. But it's not up to me.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #40548: Jul 31, 2019 12:01:40 am
      If Dybala is on the market, why are we not going for him?! Pepe to Arsenal and Dybala and even possibly Fernandes to United would feel like a big opportunity missed to be honest because whether we want to admit it or not, if them signings all work out, then they will be closing the gap on us.

Standing still in the hope our injury prone players come good whilst top players are dropping down to the Europa League to play for scum and charlatans.
      « Last Edit: Jul 31, 2019 12:07:28 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »

Quick Reply