Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4214467 times
      Derfish
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #40549: Jul 31, 2019 03:00:12 am
      I don't think he's worth 70m. But at 40 or so, I'd think he'd be a good buy. Just look at his games against us. Always looked dangerous and terrorized our defense. He's quick, powerful, skillful and doesn't seem to take time off during the game. He's always getting after it. I'd take him happily. But it's not up to me.

And for all of that, I don’t think he’s that good defensively.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #40550: Jul 31, 2019 06:20:00 am
      If Dybala is on the market, why are we not going for him?! Pepe to Arsenal and Dybala and even possibly Fernandes to United would feel like a big opportunity missed to be honest because whether we want to admit it or not, if them signings all work out, then they will be closing the gap on us.

Standing still in the hope our injury prone players come good whilst top players are dropping down to the Europa League to play for scum and charlatans.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #40551: Jul 31, 2019 08:31:33 am
      How many time do we see swap deals come off?....paper talk nothing else.

it's a done deal mate
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 62 
      Reply #40552: Jul 31, 2019 10:23:40 am
      Jim Whyte on talksport saying Wilson to Bournemouth for 25 million is close I know its talksport but Jim is very well connected.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #40553: Jul 31, 2019 10:25:56 am
      If Dybala is on the market, why are we not going for him?! Pepe to Arsenal and Dybala and even possibly Fernandes to United would feel like a big opportunity missed to be honest because whether we want to admit it or not, if them signings all work out, then they will be closing the gap on us.

Standing still in the hope our injury prone players come good whilst top players are dropping down to the Europa League to play for scum and charlatans.

It’s hard not to feel like we’re playing with fire isn’t it. I really hoped we would mitigate against the risk of injuries to our front three and provide some more competition for places an all but it seems we will be doing a Spurs this summer. Hopefully a 4-0 thrashing of Norwich next Friday will wash away this feeling of unease.
      « Last Edit: Jul 31, 2019 10:46:02 am by Scottbot »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40554: Jul 31, 2019 12:04:56 pm
      Jim Whyte on talksport saying Wilson to Bournemouth for 25 million is close I know its talksport but Jim is very well connected.

I don't quite understand that, unless there is a buy back clause, but even then I'd prefer to have him as an option this season, he has a lot of promise that lad, but I trust Jürgen on this, he obviously sees and evaluates him in training
      Ireland333
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts | 13 
      Reply #40555: Jul 31, 2019 03:11:42 pm
      I like Wilson good player have come on as sub, surprise we let him go as said before fist team very good but squad not strong as city plus with ox come back from long term injury and Adam injury all time 
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #40556: Jul 31, 2019 09:05:09 pm
      Tick tock tick tock.  We have to sign 1 good player preferably a wide forward with pace but even a full back will do! 
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,578 posts | 735 
      Reply #40557: Jul 31, 2019 09:12:12 pm
      Tick tock tick tock.  We have to sign 1 good player preferably a wide forward with pace but even a full back will do!

Sessegnon can do both!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #40558: Jul 31, 2019 09:15:50 pm
      mmm I am not sure but hardly get the players right.  I mean I was sceptical about Mane and dare I say VVD considering the prices! What do I know.  We have to though pull something out of the hat it will be a first.   Fair enough some big contracts will handed out and all that but come on we are Liverpool not Tottenham.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #40559: Jul 31, 2019 09:20:33 pm
      I'm happy with our squad.

Only need to sign now if we sell a player which is unlikely.

Rumours of us selling Wilson but hard to see given how much he's played pre season. I think Klopp will keep him at least one more season.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #40560: Jul 31, 2019 09:34:57 pm
      I'm happy with the squad if someone asked me a few seasons ago that we would have 3 players on the short list for Ballon d or, I would have bitten their hands off.  We have quality throughout.  But surely we will sign 1 good player.   
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #40561: Jul 31, 2019 09:48:17 pm
      Our squad is at the stage now where theres very little room to improve on the starting XI.

I see Spurs in the same situation really. To get a player good enough to get into this team would cost big money.

That being said we will get ourselves into difficulties when injuries happen to the front 3 or the full backs on my opinion.

Also if Van Dijk goes down we will be stuffed.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #40562: Jul 31, 2019 10:00:48 pm
      Add Allison to that list but that is natural!
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,578 posts | 735 
      Reply #40563: Jul 31, 2019 10:02:18 pm
      Would still like an attacking signing who can play across the front 3  :angel:
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #40564: Jul 31, 2019 10:04:42 pm
      I think with Origi playing central we will be OK.  He's quite close giving a slightly different dimension.  But Wide forwards could be a major drop.   
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,389 posts | 2823 
      Reply #40565: Jul 31, 2019 10:30:26 pm
      I accept not signing any defenders this window - we've got 4 CBs and I think we'll go with Milner as back up to Robertson with maybe the odd game for Larouci. On the right Gomez will cover for Trent and we've got Milner, Fabinho and Hoever too.

Midfield is good on numbers especially with Ox back and fit.

Attack though, I really do feel we're going to be in the sh*t if one of the front three get injured. We were extremely lucky last season in regard to that and we might not be so lucky this time. Whilst I do think Origi, Brewster and Shaqiri will make decent contributions over the season I'm just not sure about relying on them for potentially 6-7 games in a row. It's definitely the biggest gap between our squad and City's.

Hoping we make that one attacking signing in the next week and I'll be happy.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #40566: Aug 01, 2019 06:50:31 am
      I accept not signing any defenders this window - we've got 4 CBs and I think we'll go with Milner as back up to Robertson with maybe the odd game for Larouci. On the right Gomez will cover for Trent and we've got Milner, Fabinho and Hoever too.

Midfield is good on numbers especially with Ox back and fit.

Attack though, I really do feel we're going to be in the sh*t if one of the front three get injured. We were extremely lucky last season in regard to that and we might not be so lucky this time. Whilst I do think Origi, Brewster and Shaqiri will make decent contributions over the season I'm just not sure about relying on them for potentially 6-7 games in a row. It's definitely the biggest gap between our squad and City's.

Hoping we make that one attacking signing in the next week and I'll be happy.

Werner is available for decent money ... He would be a fantastic addition as he can play on the wing also.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #40567: Aug 01, 2019 08:36:14 am

Zaha
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,237 posts | 8574 
      Reply #40568: Aug 01, 2019 08:40:18 am

Jim White is a bullshitting sky/Talksport gobs***e.

Ignore.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #40569: Aug 01, 2019 08:52:28 am
      Jim White is a bullshitting sky/Talksport gobs***e.

Ignore.

Maybe mate but Klopp has been quite diplomatic in his comments on Wilson, talking about doing what is best for the club and the player etc. He hasn’t really taken the opportunity to say he’s our player and we think he has a roll to play at LFC this season. I think he’ll go myself.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40570: Aug 01, 2019 10:05:14 am
      Maybe mate but Klopp has been quite diplomatic in his comments on Wilson, talking about doing what is best for the club and the player etc. He hasn’t really taken the opportunity to say he’s our player and we think he has a roll to play at LFC this season. I think he’ll go myself.

Have to trust Jürgen on this but from what I have seen of the lad I'd keep him and Brewster as backups to Sadio and Mo and give them some minutes to grow into those roles. Origi can probably do an ok'ish job filling in for Bobby, or perhaps even play Shaq in that role.

I'd still like one more top forward though, even if its just for this season whilst the youngsters find their feet. Perhaps some forward coming towards the end of their career, someone like Suarez would be perfect, yes yes I know he's a bit of a dick but what a forward he still is.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,079 posts | 3442 
      Reply #40571: Aug 01, 2019 10:06:24 am
      Werner is available for decent money ... He would be a fantastic addition as he can play on the wing also.

Think he is waiting for Bayern

Quick Reply