Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 31st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4281354 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #40710: Aug 07, 2019 03:37:15 pm
      When we have to start Origi at LW in place of Mane, that to me is a weakness that should have been addressed. Other than that, i agree with your assessment that it is a very good squad.

Origi played great when required last season, thats why he got a new contract.

We also have options of playing different formations, and guys like shaq or Naby or the Ox further forward.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40711: Aug 07, 2019 03:41:44 pm
      Klopp is quite right, we dont really need anymore players, and the players that maybe could make the 1st 11 or even 1st 18 better would costs over £100mill, and also probably break the wage structure.

He has built this team and squad over many transfer windows, and kept all the best players here this summer, that in itself is a great transfer window, imagine if salah, mane or Bobbi decided to leave, but no they have stayed, and are on long term contracts. Brilliant.

We have The ox, lallana & Gomez all fit and raring to go.

Allison, Naby, Fab & Shaq have all had a bedding in season now, all will only get better this season.

Then theres all the cracking young talent in the u23s & u18s to call upon if needed, brewster, Elliott etc.

Personally cant wait to watch this team and squad smash all comers this season.

Who do we play up front if say Salah and Bobby get injured for a significant period of time? I think in that case we'd have to change formation as we simply do not have anyone who can take their place, we'd probably have to play 2 AM's with Mane as the lone striker, which could work.

I think we probably have enough firepower to cope but I would still have liked to see one more AM/Forward brought in, because as it stands we will have serious competition not only from City but also Spurs and Manure will also be better than last season.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #40712: Aug 07, 2019 03:53:33 pm
      Who do we play up front if say Salah and Bobby get injured for a significant period of time? I think in that case we'd have to change formation as we simply do not have anyone who can take their place, we'd probably have to play 2 AM's with Mane as the lone striker, which could work.

I think we probably have enough firepower to cope but I would still have liked to see one more AM/Forward brought in, because as it stands we will have serious competition not only from City but also Spurs and Manure will also be better than last season.

I know what your saying there, but if that did Happen, we would be very very very unlucky, and we would probably then do something in January window.

And as you say, formations can be changed. Origi would defo start up top, with probs Mane and the ox playing off him, or Mane & shaq playing off him. Remember we dont really play with a no.10 anymore, and that really is shaqs best position, so we would probs go back to that formation.

Its all good and all that stuff.  :aaliverpool2xt1:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #40713: Aug 07, 2019 03:55:55 pm
      So anyone heard these latest rumors by the same outlet that called Shaqiri's moves to Bayern and Stoke.....he's off to Monaco.

Personally think it HAS to be BS because there's no way that Klopp would sell our only backup winger without someone else to cover.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40714: Aug 07, 2019 04:11:23 pm
      So anyone heard these latest rumors by the same outlet that called Shaqiri's moves to Bayern and Stoke.....he's off to Monaco.

Personally think it HAS to be BS because there's no way that Klopp would sell our only backup winger without someone else to cover.

You just never know with Klopp, I really don't think Klopp likes Shaquiri for some reason, which is a shame because I think he's a very good player for us.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #40715: Aug 07, 2019 04:17:57 pm
      You just never know with Klopp, I really don't think Klopp likes Shaquiri for some reason, which is a shame because I think he's a very good player for us.

you need to read james pearce's piece that came out today about how much klopp loves shaq and expecting big things from him this season.

its on his new employers app\web

https://theathletic.co.uk/
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #40716: Aug 07, 2019 04:18:17 pm

made up rubbish. ;-)
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,242 posts | 1112 
      Reply #40717: Aug 07, 2019 04:21:04 pm
      It has to be. I would give it a 5% chance 2 days ago when Wilson was still here.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40718: Aug 07, 2019 04:28:34 pm
      you need to read james pearce's piece that came out today about how much klopp loves shaq and expecting big things from him this season.

its on his new employers app\web

https://theathletic.co.uk/

ok, that's good to hear
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #40719: Aug 07, 2019 04:31:50 pm

Pearce has some brilliant articles already on this app, unfortunately after a month free its like a 5er a month, so wont be doing that. ;D
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,626 posts | 761 
      Reply #40720: Aug 07, 2019 05:04:09 pm
      Origi played great when required last season, thats why he got a new contract.

We also have options of playing different formations, and guys like shaq or Naby or the Ox further forward.

Shaq plays down the right, Naby is not a left winger. Ox played right wing (not left) for arsenal and hated it.

We've won a trophy, finished second and made 33+ million in transfers and our fans are fine with us not buying any players to fix a potential weakness? MADNESS
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #40721: Aug 07, 2019 05:05:44 pm
      Klopps quotes pretty much pour cold water on any incomings. Looks like we got what we got. Hope our depth is good enough.

Yeap. The squad is good enough for him, including the fourth and fifth players to cover the front three. And obviously Klopp is crazy, to some people (not you) for not strengthening at this "opportune" time, which is a "lost opportunity". But yes, we can all understand why. More exciting, but without proof as he says... He has an analyst looking at the stats and what players can deliver vs the market price. That is his proof. While we all base our views on gut feel. Unless those couple of us have the same database...

Jürgen Klopp exclusive interview: Liverpool's transfer window explained and title race assessed
      "You should never do transfers because other clubs are doing transfers. That makes no sense, it's not about that. And if you sit back for a second and have a look at the squad, do we need more players? People will say, yes, we need a substitute for Sadio Mane, for Mohamed Salah, whatever.

"But those players are here. So, do you get a one-for-one replacement? A big signing? People think that players from other clubs, other countries, are better than the players we have here but without really having the proof, because those players haven't played here, or whatever else.

"It's just that what is new is seen as more exciting. It's like with a new car. Your old car is completely reliable, but you want a new one and two weeks later it breaks down. It looks better, but obviously it's not that good."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11778766/Jürgen-klopp-exclusive-interview-liverpools-transfer-window-explained-and-title-race-assessed
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #40722: Aug 07, 2019 05:11:34 pm
      Then Jürgen js making a big mistake in my opinion

The season hasn't started. Going into the season with this mentality?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,496 posts | 2868 
      Reply #40723: Aug 07, 2019 05:36:40 pm
      Like I said before, it's a massive risk.

Just like last season, if one of the front three get a significant injury we're going to be fu**ed.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,626 posts | 761 
      Reply #40724: Aug 07, 2019 05:48:24 pm

Just like last season, if one of the front three get a significant injury we're going to be fu**ed.

And we have MORE games this season. Lets just hope for the best.

Wonder what we're doing with the extra prize money
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #40725: Aug 07, 2019 05:53:32 pm
      Shaq plays down the right, Naby is not a left winger. Ox played right wing (not left) for arsenal and hated it.

We've won a trophy, finished second and made 33+ million in transfers and our fans are fine with us not buying any players to fix a potential weakness? MADNESS

What side did Shaqiri cross from to Wijnaldum against Barcelona?

People have watched Klopp's team for a few seasons now, and still haven't cottoned to the fact that the key is fluidity of movement and formation, especially up front.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,242 posts | 1112 
      Reply #40726: Aug 07, 2019 07:03:08 pm
      First game at Anfield in a few months, Klopp could play Manes role and I wouldn't see it mattering. Anfield is a fortress. We win big no matter who is on the wing
      Scottbot

• 9,627 posts | 2160 
      Reply #40727: Aug 07, 2019 07:04:45 pm
      Delighted to read that Coutinho to spuds won’t happen. That one would have stung a bit and would have turned then into a real contender
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #40728: Aug 07, 2019 07:19:21 pm

Shaq can play all across the MF, as can most of the players mentioned above, and they will play wherever klopp tells them too.   ;)
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,626 posts | 761 
      Reply #40729: Aug 07, 2019 07:28:00 pm
      What side did Shaqiri cross from to Wijnaldum against Barcelona?

People have watched Klopp's team for a few seasons now, and still haven't cottoned to the fact that the key is fluidity of movement and formation, especially up front.

im not saying he's not capable of it. But his whole career he's played 37 games as a left winger. And once while at Stoke. He's still a drop off from Mane or Coutinho (in that position) IMO. i DO think he's a good player however.

Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 62 
      Reply #40730: Aug 07, 2019 08:40:01 pm

We have double golden boot winners, one golden glove winner, we finished 1 point off top spot, we are European champions, we have not sold any of our strongest starting 11, we have Brewster Ox and lallana available that wasnt last year even though of all the above.

Front line of, Salah, mane, firmino, shaq, lallana, brewster, origi..... how are we fu**ed again if one player gets injured??????
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #40731: Aug 07, 2019 09:03:36 pm
      Arsenal raving about their transfer window. David Luiz - sh*t, Tierney - knock off Robbo, Salida - arrives in a year, Cabellos - sh*t. Pepe is the only one I look at and think they’ve done well there.
      Emery kept banging about our model and way of doing things and it’s like he’s trying to be us IMO.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #40732: Aug 07, 2019 09:20:52 pm
      While I am happy with the squad and trust Klopp implicitly, I can’t say it doesn’t unnerve me that everyone around us is strengthening. Particularly City who already pipped us to the league title and have now spent 100m+ improving their team.

I have doubted Klopp in the past though and he proves me wrong every time so I won’t get carried away.

Quick Reply