Trending Topics

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4207776 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #40825: Aug 08, 2019 11:52:09 pm
      So you think we can just go out and sign squad players for Ā£60 plus million to sit on the bench like City?

Why not? I thought we just announced record profits. In all seriousness we have the money to do this if we want but Klopp doesn't want to, I just hope he's right, he normally is.
      « Last Edit: Aug 08, 2019 11:56:56 pm by heimdall »
      Ryreb
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 119 posts | 24 
      Reply #40826: Aug 09, 2019 12:14:49 am
      I see much concern over the lack of signing cover at left back. When Robo was suspended against Porto in the first leg, who did Klopp trust most to replace him? Milner and he is still here.  We also have two promising u21 left backs. 

So who could we have signed that Klopp trusts more than Milly and wouldnā€™t  mind hardly playing since Robo isnā€™t going anywhere?  I canā€™t think of ā€œstarā€ left backs that  we could have signed.  Could we have signed a lesser quality left back to replace Moreno? Obviously yes but how much better would they have been  compared to our younger players on the cusp of first team call ups.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,543 posts | 725 
      Reply #40827: Aug 09, 2019 02:25:10 am
      Hey FRONK Ribery is still available! ;D not a bad left option  :lmao:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #40828: Aug 09, 2019 05:49:40 am
      Despite all the angst, I think this is the strongest first team and squad I've ever seen here.

Just cast your minds back lads, to the backup we had when we challenged for the title before.
      If anyone says we're not stronger now, I'd have to disagree pretty strongly.

The issue, is that we are competing with a club that is so financially doped, it's ridiculous, and yet we're pushing them harder than anyone.

The biggest thing for me, is beating what amounts to a club that cheats.
      A club that is so overrun with money and glory hunters, they are in danger of losing their soul.

Do I think we could be a bit stronger regarding depth?
      Of course.

Do I think we'll challenge for the title and other trophies again?
      Yes.

I also think that Klopp is more pragmatic than people realise.
      He knows that sometimes we'll have to win ugly, grind out results, and yes, have a bit of luck.
      But in many cases, you make your own luck, by being relentless, by never stopping, by never giving up.

It starts tomorrow night, so it's time to put this transfer stuff to bed, break out the shirts and scarves and get behind the team, whoever is playing.

I'm fairness City were never a club with much soul to start with. From their point of view, they might as well win trophies.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #40829: Aug 09, 2019 07:59:03 am

I'm with you on this, never figured out why for some "trusting the manager" is such a difficult thing to understand and how those that do are just mindless idiots.

I personally would rather put my trust in him than any person on this board or in world football.

*** Those that scream " what's the point in a forum" "i am allowed to an opinion"  don't get your panties in an uproar, nobody give a sh*te anyway.

What's the point of the forum then? ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40830: Aug 09, 2019 08:32:12 am

According to some it should be an echo chamber where everyone agrees with each other and no criticism of the team is ever allowed, now wouldn't that be boring!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #40831: Aug 09, 2019 09:11:09 am
      According to some it should be an echo chamber where everyone agrees with each other and no criticism of the team is ever allowed, now wouldn't that be boring!

Only person in an echo chamber is you

You arenā€™t adding anything - you just post the same thing over and over and over again with it being more and more critical each time to utterly ridiculous reactionary levels that we saw yesterday just because the manager didnā€™t sign anyone that you wanted him to ( I guess because you believe you know more about his team than himself )

Letā€™s try bingo in the trash you have recycled

Us being skint
      Squad being worse
      Missing out on top 4
      Being miles behind City
      Getting overtaken by Spurs , Utd and Arsenal

Iā€™m sure some could add more

And all because a team won the CL , got our record points score - didnā€™t lose a single top class player but didnā€™t spend millions on someone you wanted
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40832: Aug 09, 2019 09:46:41 am

You arenā€™t adding anything - you just post the same thing over and over and over again with it being more and more critical each time to utterly ridiculous reactionary levels that we saw yesterday just because the manager didnā€™t sign anyone that you wanted him to ( I guess because you believe you know more about his team than himself )

Us being skint
      Squad being worse
      Missing out on top 4
      Being miles behind City

And all because a team won the CL , got our record points score - didnā€™t lose a single top class player but didnā€™t spend millions on someone you wanted

Oh dear, my number one superfan rears his head again.

I agree I have gone on a bit to much about us not having strengthened the squad, but you are every bit as much a broken record on this as I am, just that you have 100% faith in the manager whereas I think he may have made a miscalculation.

BTW I have repeatedly said I am finished discussing the topic only to have you or someone else dig it up and agitate for more friction and hostility.

Anyway that really is it from me on this topic now. We have the team/squad that we have and it is strong and good.

I am very much looking forward to this season, I think it should be a cracker.

Peace out
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #40833: Aug 09, 2019 09:50:31 am

Criticism on a forum is essential but when whining outstrips support for the club it adds no value.

Not directing at you but there are some serious whiners on here with baseless arguments about how we should have signed x, y and z player when none would improve our starting 11.

Our squad is the strongest it has ever been in the PL ere yet they still moan on.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #40834: Aug 09, 2019 09:57:09 am
      Sessegnon cost 25 million and covers 2 positions. We made 33 million + selling players.

There are players out there that do not cost 60 million 100k a week.

It still remains a straw man argument. I did not say we need 'break the bank' every window.

Maybe JĆ¼rgen didn't think he was good enough?

I would have liked a couple of players in but we still have one of the strongest squads in the league and arguably the best first 11.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #40835: Aug 09, 2019 11:36:02 am
      I'm fairness City were never a club with much soul to start with. From their point of view, they might as well win trophies.

Beg to differ.
      Their old school fans that I know are great lads, and a bit saddened by what the club is becoming.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #40836: Aug 09, 2019 01:45:28 pm

Us being skint
      Squad being worse
      Missing out on top 4
      Being miles behind City

Part of a small number of posters who think it's clever and funny to wum, by posting the same thing over and over in different ways.
      Then when people get bored and stop responding, they act like they've "won" something.

It's pretty pathetic to be honest.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #40837: Aug 09, 2019 02:02:01 pm
      Beg to differ.
      Their old school fans that I know are great lads, and a bit saddened by what the club is becoming.

As I would be saddened if we were to be a club that just bought their glory. I'm not one to ever blindly trust anyone (player, manager, owner, etc...) but I think JĆ¼rgen probably deserves our faith in what he's doing after last season (and even the seasons before), even if I am a tad bit nervous about our depth in a few spots.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #40838: Aug 09, 2019 02:11:00 pm
      Maybe JĆ¼rgen didn't think he was good enough?

I would have liked a couple of players in but we still have one of the strongest squads in the league and arguably the best first 11.

Re: Sessegnon, a problem i have with the WUM's is that they see a player sold and simply say "we could have bought him", as if this was Tesco and you just walked down the aisles and bought whatever you wanted. The player has a say in it and maybe Sessegnon wanted to stay in London (as that was brought up last summer during transfer rumors), or like you say, maybe Klopp/Ops team didn't like him enough. But nope, they boot up FIFA on their PS4 and buy everyone and think Klopp should do the same.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #40839: Aug 09, 2019 02:14:18 pm
      As I would be saddened if we were to be a club that just bought their glory. I'm not one to ever blindly trust anyone (player, manager, owner, etc...) but I think JĆ¼rgen probably deserves our faith in what he's doing after last season (and even the seasons before), even if I am a tad bit nervous about our depth in a few spots.

Yep.
      They see the plastics come in and take over, and they don't like it.
      Half empty stadium on CL nights, but you can bet the plastics would be snapping up tickets for a final (as they did)

I posted yesterday that compared to previous squads, we actually have a lot more depth in quality.
      Sure, there's a couple of spots where we could have more, but I think that's always the case.

We have a great mentality and spirit, we never give up, and this season we can add a bit of swgger to that.
      Of course other teams will be fired up to beat the European Champions, but I think tht plays into our hands.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #40840: Aug 09, 2019 02:37:30 pm
      Beg to differ.

Agree. They weren't the most decorated by any means, but they were the club in Manchester with some character. Now, great team but it is some kind of monetary aberration as a club.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #40841: Aug 09, 2019 03:52:11 pm
      Agree. They weren't the most decorated by any means, but they were the club in Manchester with some character. Now, great team but it is some kind of monetary aberration as a club.

Some would argue the only club in Manchester.
      Man U are in Trafford, and before that Newton Heath
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40842: Aug 09, 2019 03:58:53 pm
      Part of a small number of posters who think it's clever and funny to wum, by posting the same thing over and over in different ways.
      Then when people get bored and stop responding, they act like they've "won" something.

It's pretty pathetic to be honest.

sigh, even after I put down my weapons they keep attacking, what should I do, decisions decisions, nah I can't be arsed, I just want to enjoy watching this great team, starting tonight. :-)
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,170 posts | 520 
      Reply #40843: Aug 09, 2019 07:39:48 pm
      sigh, even after I put down my weapons they keep attacking, what should I do, decisions decisions, nah I can't be arsed, I just want to enjoy watching this great team, starting tonight. :-)

Try being a bit more positive fella.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,543 posts | 725 
      Reply #40844: Aug 09, 2019 07:44:38 pm

Us being skint
      Squad being worse
      Missing out on top 4
      Being miles behind City

I mean. Are these not valid topics to discuss?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #40845: Aug 09, 2019 11:26:01 pm
      I mean. Are these not valid topics to discuss?

Squad isnā€™t worse.
      LFC will challenge for the title.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40846: Aug 09, 2019 11:59:31 pm
      Try being a bit more positive fella.

Out of interest, which part of "I just want to enjoy watching this great team, starting tonight. :-)" do you find negative?
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,170 posts | 520 
      Reply #40847: Aug 10, 2019 08:24:54 am
      Out of interest, which part of "I just want to enjoy watching this great team, starting tonight. :-)" do you find negative?

It wasn't that quote above as you well know. It was more to do with some of your previous posts.
      Let's just leave it there, you have your opinions which you are entitled to.
      Let's just enjoy another rollercoaster season.

Quick Reply