Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W6 D4 L1

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4231772 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,368 posts | 6400 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #41699: Jun 11, 2020 02:37:54 am
      They signed Jorginho for around 50mill the same window as when they signed Kepa for 70mill, which was followed by a mid season arrival of Higuain for a substantial loan fee.
      They also signed Kovacic with a little over half of the Hazard money last summer.
      They’ve got Ziyech arriving for 38mill.

Then when you throw in the 55mill or whatever it was they paid for Pulisic, they’ve certainly been throwing the money around. Their income is surely considerably less than ours so I’m not sure how they are going to keep spending whilst taking a big hit to their income. Unless FFP is just to be ignored from now on...

I mean, FFP has mostly been ignored anyway. Until I see some of these big clubs get punished (like actually punished)  you won’t convince me otherwise.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #41700: Jun 11, 2020 04:35:14 am
      Think Keita's biggest impact is that it's made Hendo the player he is. Jordan had to up his game to keep his spot safe from Keita and he's done that on more than one occasion. But see that's the benefit of having quality depth...it forces the starters to make sure they aren't slacking or falling back.....that's why Werner would have been such a good addition. Competition raises everyone's game. 

I don't think Naby really threaten Hendo for a spot, he hasn't been consistent enough and fit enough to pose a threat. I feel like Ox is ahead of him in the depth chart in the middle. Maybe with this break and if we wrap up the title early could give him a shot to getting a run of game then look forward to 20/21 season which like 7-King Kenny-7 could be a make or break season for Liverpool.

I was reading that FA wants to change the summer window to August - October, it would make sense maybe by the fall clubs will have more of a idea what their finances will look like and how much they will be able to spend.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #41701: Jun 11, 2020 11:06:48 am
      I rate Shaqiri, he's a very good squad option when he's fit. But I'd rather we cash in on him now when while he has some value and sign a younger talented player to mitigate the risk of another injury riddled season out of the squad.

Keita is still relatively young and has a very high ceiling so I would give him another season to prove his worth.

Same. And I think the decision has already been made by himself and the club anyway.

He's also kind of in the way of some these cracking young attacking players we have coming through, Jones, elliott etc.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #41702: Jun 11, 2020 11:34:49 am
      Same. And I think the decision has already been made by himself and the club anyway.

He's also kind of in the way of some these cracking young attacking players we have coming through, Jones, elliott etc.

Yea next season could be big for Jones and Elliot. I expect them to feature in a few league games.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #41703: Jun 11, 2020 02:33:15 pm
      Surely that logic means Keita will be off too then?

Keita's younger!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41704: Jun 11, 2020 02:48:09 pm

Well that’s not a good sign that someone considerably younger gets significantly more injuries then is it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #41705: Jun 11, 2020 03:03:23 pm
      Well that’s not a good sign that someone considerably younger gets significantly more injuries then is it.

Could of said the same thing about Gerrard when he came into the team or even Henderson, all suffered recurring injuries.

Shaq's leaving lid, just suck it up.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #41706: Jun 11, 2020 03:19:45 pm
      Could of said the same thing about Gerrard when he came into the team or even Henderson, all suffered recurring injuries.

Shaq's leaving lid, just suck it up.

You think I’m bothered? :laugh:

If you’d taken the time to actually read properly instead of doing that impulsive jumping in you do from time to time, you would have seen I said I’m not bothered about Shaqiri leaving so long as we sign someone and that I was just using Keita as an example with injuries given he’s spent a lot of the last 2 years injured, in reference to Shaq being called a crock.

I’m guessing you must be having a bad day seeing as you’ve initially stated an obvious fact whilst ignoring the rest of what was being said and then thinking I’m bothered.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #41707: Jun 12, 2020 01:06:53 pm
      You think I’m bothered? :laugh:

If you’d taken the time to actually read properly instead of doing that impulsive jumping in you do from time to time, you would have seen I said I’m not bothered about Shaqiri leaving so long as we sign someone and that I was just using Keita as an example with injuries given he’s spent a lot of the last 2 years injured, in reference to Shaq being called a crock.

I’m guessing you must be having a bad day seeing as you’ve initially stated an obvious fact whilst ignoring the rest of what was being said and then thinking I’m bothered.

Or quite possibly stop being so F***ing defensive and get a sense of humour too!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #41708: Jun 12, 2020 02:03:33 pm
      Or quite possibly stop being so f**king defensive and get a sense of humour too!

Guess you’re having another bad day.

Relax :laugh:
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #41709: Jun 14, 2020 08:34:24 am
      It will be hard to keep players that aren't happy with a lack of playing time or opportunity, so regardless of what we can recoup for them, if they ultimately throw out their toys or make it known they want to leave, we'll likely oblige them and sell them even if it means we don't make much (if any) on them.

Hmmm... A penny for thought. Isn't rotation the solution? Is rotation realistic? :D :lmao:

Why wouldn't rotation work if we stock up 24 or 25 world class Ballon d'Or players (assuming we have the money and we did in our wildest fantasy)? :aaliverpool2xt1:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41710: Jun 14, 2020 11:57:27 am
      Hmmm... A penny for thought. Isn't rotation the solution? Is rotation realistic? :D :lmao:

Why wouldn't rotation work if we stock up 24 or 25 world class Ballon d'Or players (assuming we have the money and we did in our wildest fantasy)? :aaliverpool2xt1:

Discounting your rather tedious sarcasm are you suggesting that our midfield in not world class, or how about defenders like Matip and Lovren? If they can be part of a squad and seem happy to do it then why not have at least one more top class attacker?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #41711: Jun 14, 2020 02:09:24 pm
      Discounting your rather tedious sarcasm are you suggesting that our midfield in not world class, or how about defenders like Matip and Lovren? If they can be part of a squad and seem happy to do it then why not have at least one more top class attacker?
      :mad:

We have a very good young high quality balanced squad - there are a few leaving and some players will return from on loan and the squad will be good enough to challenge once again for the title and CL
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #41712: Jun 14, 2020 02:16:12 pm
      They signed Jorginho for around 50mill the same window as when they signed Kepa for 70mill, which was followed by a mid season arrival of Higuain for a substantial loan fee.
      They also signed Kovacic with a little over half of the Hazard money last summer.
      They’ve got Ziyech arriving for 38mill.

Then when you throw in the 55mill or whatever it was they paid for Pulisic, they’ve certainly been throwing the money around. Their income is surely considerably less than ours so I’m not sure how they are going to keep spending whilst taking a big hit to their income. Unless FFP is just to be ignored from now on...
      Oh boy, my memory was way off the mark here. You're right, they have been throwing money around.

From a money perspective, they can do that because the owner does not rely on them being good to actually be able to throw a ton of money. From
      a FFP perspective we all know its a joke.

Teams like PSG, Madrid, City, Barca have been spending ridiculous amounts of money with no repercussions whatsoever. They finally decided to punish City yet when you look at why they are doing so, it's for stuff that is much shadier than the main stuff FFP has been brought on for.

For UEFA to move on you, you basically have to abuse the system to an extent that is beyond ridiculous and for this abuse to be leaked online so UEFA is kinda cornered into taking action because god forbid they actually do their job and investigate anything.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41713: Jun 14, 2020 02:35:51 pm
      :mad:

We have a very good young high quality balanced squad - there are a few leaving and some players will return from on loan and the squad will be good enough to challenge once again for the title and CL

I'm not disputing that, we have a very very good squad with only 3 issues, no top quality back up forward, no quality back up LB and no quality Backup GK, sort those 3 positions and we will be invincible, the great thing is that it shouldn't even cost that much to do, for example Werner should have been that top quality 4th forward, but maybe Minamino will be, the youngsters are all a little way off in my opinion but perhaps they can provide cover if needed.

BTW Yes I know Milner is decent cover at LB but he's not getting any younger is he and I think of him more as a midfielder.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #41714: Jun 14, 2020 03:13:37 pm
      I'm not disputing that, we have a very very good squad with only 3 issues, no top quality back up forward, no quality back up LB and no quality Backup GK, sort those 3 positions and we will be invincible, the great thing is that it shouldn't even cost that much to do, for example Werner should have been that top quality 4th forward, but maybe Minamino will be, the youngsters are all a little way off in my opinion but perhaps they can provide cover if needed.

BTW Yes I know Milner is decent cover at LB but he's not getting any younger is he and I think of him more as a midfielder.

Doesnt mattter what you think of - our world class manager sees him as a very decent cover for Left back . There is also Larouci and Lewis coming through - Robbo is going to play week in week out - what other LB is going to arrive to sit behind him that’s better than Milner ?

Forward - we have Jones , Minamino, Origi , Shaqiri , Elliott right now with Wilson to arrive back as well - same with the left back we have a great mix of expirence and youth

GK - Alisson plays week in week out - Adrian has come in a number of times and was key earlier in the season when Alisson was out - we also have Karius coming back as well as Kelleher who has a bright future

Again what sort of keeper do you expect to arrive

So the manager has already explained the current financial situation we see ourselves in when you consider that , along with the level of squad we have who is it exactly do you think we can attract to sit on the bench that is better than what we have already sat on the bench ?
      tq redz
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts | 14 
      Reply #41715: Jun 14, 2020 03:23:19 pm
      We should be upgrading our bench, to have adequate cover. We spent a lot of years in the wilderness and now we have established ourselves as the number 1 team in Europe. We have to keep improving, because guess what, our rivals will.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,264 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #41716: Jun 14, 2020 04:07:10 pm
      We should be upgrading our bench, to have adequate cover. We spent a lot of years in the wilderness and now we have established ourselves as the number 1 team in Europe. We have to keep improving, because guess what, our rivals will.

Tell that to our glorious owners
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41717: Jun 14, 2020 04:13:48 pm

Doesnt mattter what you think of - our world class manager sees him as a very decent cover for Left back . There is also Larouci and Lewis coming through - Robbo is going to play week in week out - what other LB is going to arrive to sit behind him that’s better than Milner ?

Forward - we have Jones , Minamino, Origi , Shaqiri , Elliott right now with Wilson to arrive back as well - same with the left back we have a great mix of expirence and youth

GK - Alisson plays week in week out - Adrian has come in a number of times and was key earlier in the season when Alisson was out - we also have Karius coming back as well as Kelleher who has a bright future

Again what sort of keeper do you expect to arrive

So the manager has already explained the current financial situation we see ourselves in when you consider that , along with the level of squad we have who is it exactly do you think we can attract to sit on the bench that is better than what we have already sat on the bench ?

If none of our opinions matter shall we just close the forum or shall we instead keep it open so that we can share our opinions and debate our points of view?

I said that we have promising youngsters coming through and maybe they can fill the gap but I'd rather have more experienced players and the three areas I mention, LB, GK and Forward.

Especially GK Adrian and Karius are not good enough as back up, Adrian demonstrated that perfectly against Chelsea and Atletico Madrid. If we had Allison in those games then I'm fairly certain we'd still be in the FA Cup and Champions League. I do realise a reserve goalie is not going to be as good as the main one but he should be a hell of a lot better than what we have.
      tq redz
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts | 14 
      Reply #41718: Jun 14, 2020 04:45:13 pm
      Tell that to our glorious owners
      I think they know the score mate.
      Apparently thinking from their end is to sanction a big money signing of the Ronaldo model, top young talent in Europe that would generate world wide support. The next big thing.
      tq redz
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts | 14 
      Reply #41719: Jun 14, 2020 04:48:25 pm
      How that would work for us is anybodys guess. But be assured they have not invested in uf for fun, there's a clear business model, and they are no mugs.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #41720: Jun 14, 2020 06:42:49 pm
      If none of our opinions matter shall we just close the forum or shall we instead keep it open so that we can share our opinions and debate our points of view?

I said that we have promising youngsters coming through and maybe they can fill the gap but I'd rather have more experienced players and the three areas I mention, LB, GK and Forward.

Especially GK Adrian and Karius are not good enough as back up, Adrian demonstrated that perfectly against Chelsea and Atletico Madrid. If we had Allison in those games then I'm fairly certain we'd still be in the FA Cup and Champions League. I do realise a reserve goalie is not going to be as good as the main one but he should be a hell of a lot better than what we have.

Yet adrian was perfectly acceptable at the beginning of the season - that’s the issue with back up GK , if they were perfect then they wouldn’t be back up would they. You are not going to get a replica of Alisson - whoever is back up will not be as good and Adrian was key early season in the league.

You want more exprience in those areas and we already have exprience in those areas - Milner , Adrian , Shaqiri , Origi - these players are expirenced

Name a GK we could have as back up ? And a left back and a forward ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #41721: Jun 14, 2020 06:44:35 pm

Give us some names

Quick Reply