Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4285439 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,286 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #46161: Aug 30, 2021 07:39:37 am
      I feel like we should blow a bag on Traore.

He's a beast.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #46162: Aug 30, 2021 07:50:22 am

Still very little end product.

At times I look at him and think he would be devastating but mostly just a runner.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,499 posts | 2869 
      Reply #46163: Aug 30, 2021 08:20:40 am

I would rather go for Saint-Maximin if we are after that type of player.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #46164: Aug 30, 2021 08:53:16 am

Yea, yesterday against Utd, even though was beating guys with his pace and power, was wasteful with the final ball. Common theme with him.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #46165: Aug 30, 2021 09:10:59 am
      I would rather go for Saint-Maximin if we are after that type of player.

Both suffer from lack of end product.

We should be after Neto or Raphinha.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #46166: Aug 30, 2021 09:22:46 am
      Guess the proof will be in the pudding at end of season  if we have enough depth and quality. Personally think we are short in some areas and the fact others have not stood still closing the gap
      Scottbot

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Reply #46167: Aug 30, 2021 12:06:49 pm

At times I look at him and think he would be devastating but mostly just a runner.

A season with Klopp would change that.

I'd play him on the left, not the right where he plays mostly for Wolves.

I think he has all the ability to be a 15 goal, 10 assist a season player.

The only question mark I would have is whether he could press the way he would need given his stature, he could lose half a stone for sure. But we have Mane and Jota in that spot so there isn't really a conversation.

I've been saying for a while that I am worried that Mane is on the downward decline. I'm still concerned that is the case. Seems to have lost some of that raw pace and strength and his touch (which was never the surest in the world) looks a bit clumsy/heavy. Hopefully that's complete nonsense though.   
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #46168: Aug 30, 2021 01:45:05 pm
      I've been saying for a while that I am worried that Mane is on the downward decline. I'm still concerned that is the case. Seems to have lost some of that raw pace and strength and his touch (which was never the surest in the world) looks a bit clumsy/heavy. Hopefully that's complete nonsense though.   

He seems to be trying as hard as ever, I don't fault his effort - but the end product isn't quite what it used to be.
      Hopefully just a dip in form, though seems to go back to around the time he had covid.
      Thought against Chavs we were poor down that side in the 2nd half, him and Robbo both.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #46169: Aug 30, 2021 02:01:59 pm

Been reading this a lot but I feel like he looked pretty sharp in the Norwich/Burnley games so I wouldn't too concern yet about his form in a game where truth be told most our attackers looked poor.

Think this will be the first transfer window where Klopp and Co didn't address the weaknesses in squad. Past windows we seem to recruit players to fill a need (whether it panned out or not different story) but I feel like most we are in need of another attacking option. Very disappointing

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #46170: Aug 30, 2021 02:04:12 pm
      That’s for Saturday night only.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,622 posts | 1515 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #46171: Aug 30, 2021 02:05:33 pm
      Attack is definitely my worry now, before the season I assumed Elliott might cover the RW but he’s making a name for himself in the middle now, and doing great…. Who is our wing cover? Jota and Firmino at CF then there is nobody to cover Salah and Mane… Origi is a big nope and Minamino isn’t trusted by Klopp it seems… I dunno, four players to cover 6 places all season is a bit worrying for me…
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #46172: Aug 30, 2021 02:07:30 pm

Yep, I don't think he would add anything useful to our team.
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #46173: Aug 30, 2021 02:09:37 pm
      Attack is definitely my worry now, before the season I assumed Elliott might cover the RW but he’s making a name for himself in the middle now, and doing great…. Who is our wing cover? Jota and Firmino at CF then there is nobody to cover Salah and Mane… Origi is a big nope and Minamino isn’t trusted by Klopp it seems… I dunno, four players to cover 6 places all season is a bit worrying for me…

If Klopp didn’t trust Minamino he wouldn’t be here, but he’s 5th option up front so naturally he’s not going to get a whole lot of time yet as we’ve had a long time between games.

Elliott can also play wing as well as Jota, so out backup 3 would be Jota-Taki-Elliott which is pretty good.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #46174: Aug 30, 2021 03:08:16 pm
      If Klopp didn’t trust Minamino he wouldn’t be here

He was sent away on loan last season, despite us having massive injury problems so I think it’s quite clear there are still huge question marks over Taki.

Maybe we should’ve put a bit of trust into Taiwo Awoniyi for the season. Looked good last season and he’s gotten off to a blistering start this season with 5 goals and 2 assists in 6 games.
      I’d have rather seen us give a chance to an unknown and powerful attacker like him than persist with Origi as back up.

Our attack worries me; Mane is still looking some way off his best and outside of the main 4, the other options are Origi, Taki and Ox. All have failed to impress in the chances given to them over the last couple of years. We are already 2 options down on last season with Bobby injured and Shaq having been sold. Yes Shaq was injured a lot but he’s still and option we don’t have the possibility of turning too.

Doku is a raw talent who needs to really work on his end product but think he would be a good option. Mane as good as he’s been for us, can’t even beat his man anymore.

Wait and see what happens but there is definitely a lack of cutting edge to our attack that doesn’t rely on Salah and Jota.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #46175: Aug 30, 2021 03:08:35 pm
      am I the only one not getting the Traore love in?

For all his power and pace what does he really bring from it? Doesnt score much nor seem to create a whole lot.

If thats an area were looking at wjy not go all out on Raphinia or take a punt on Sarr or Doku. I think Id even preger his Wolves team mate Neto
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #46176: Aug 30, 2021 03:22:31 pm

For all his power and pace what does he really bring from it? Doesnt score much nor seem to create a whole lot.

If thats an area were looking at wjy not go all out on Raphinia or take a punt on Sarr or Doku. I think Id even preger his Wolves team mate Neto

Not at all. I’ve said before that other than pace and power, Traore doesn’t bring anything. His goal and assist returns are terrible and actually seem to be getting worse.

Very overrated IMO.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,286 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #46177: Aug 30, 2021 03:30:54 pm
      Not at all. I’ve said before that other than pace and power, Traore doesn’t bring anything. His goal and assist returns are terrible and actually seem to be getting worse.

Very overrated IMO.

Thought he took the p!ss out of us yesterday KK. He's a beast.  ;D Before you say it i'll say it for you (( it was only Man U   :f_whistle: ))  I'd like to see him in a better side.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #46178: Aug 30, 2021 03:43:49 pm
      Between Traore and Saint Maximin, who I see as similar players, I think the latter will develop into the better player.

Bout sure either suit us to be honest.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #46179: Aug 30, 2021 03:54:06 pm

I watched Wolves first game he is very exciting to watch and does cause a lot of havoc but never produced and like Kk mention he never had great stats.

I would think what Wovles would want and what he is worth to us would be far apart. He would improve the depth but I doubt he would challenge to displace either Mane/Salah/Jota from a regular starting spot.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #46180: Aug 30, 2021 05:09:44 pm

If he was all everyone made him out to be...someone else would have snapped him up....
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #46181: Aug 30, 2021 05:10:58 pm
      He was sent away on loan last season, despite us having massive injury problems so I think it’s quite clear there are still huge question marks over Taki.

I think he also went on loan to free up a Non HG spot in the squad for Kabak

He does need to prove himself but he also needs time on the pitch to do that

He was very good in Pre season

Maybe we should’ve put a bit of trust into Taiwo Awoniyi for the season. Looked good last season and he’s gotten off to a blistering start this season with 5 goals and 2 assists in 6 games.
      I’d have rather seen us give a chance to an unknown and powerful attacker like him than persist with Origi as back up.

Our attack worries me; Mane is still looking some way off his best and outside of the main 4, the other options are Origi, Taki and Ox. All have failed to impress in the chances given to them over the last couple of years. We are already 2 options down on last season with Bobby injured and Shaq having been sold. Yes Shaq was injured a lot but he’s still and option we don’t have the possibility of turning too.

Doku is a raw talent who needs to really work on his end product but think he would be a good option. Mane as good as he’s been for us, can’t even beat his man anymore.

Wait and see what happens but there is definitely a lack of cutting edge to our attack that doesn’t rely on Salah and Jota.

I do think we need one more into the team - actually think Bowen would be a good signing - Barnes would be the ideal one
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,248 posts | 1226 
      Reply #46182: Aug 30, 2021 05:14:44 pm

I think he also went on loan to free up a Non HG spot in the squad for Kabak

He does need to prove himself but he also needs time on the pitch to do that

He was very good in Pre season

I do think we need one more into the team - actually think Bowen would be a good signing - Barnes would be the ideal one

John Barnes, just imagine...
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #46183: Aug 30, 2021 05:45:02 pm

😂😂 a dream

Quick Reply