Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

Liverpool v Sunderland, Wednesday 2nd January, KO: 19:45 Pre-match build up

Read 10023 times
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      • taught English by AZ, grAmmEr schooL fAiLure
      Re: Liverpool v Sunderland, Wednesday 2nd January, KO: 19:45 Pre-match build up
      Reply #23: Dec 31, 2012 03:36:35 pm
      if sturridge signs tomorrow can he play against sunderland?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #24: Dec 31, 2012 03:45:01 pm
      if sturridge signs tomorrow can he play against sunderland?

So long as the medical and everything goes ok then I don't see any reason why not
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #25: Dec 31, 2012 04:02:28 pm
      Anyone who thinks Sturridge will play needs to stop playing FIFA.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #26: Dec 31, 2012 04:04:27 pm
      So long as the medical and everything goes ok then I don't see any reason why not
      I thought he had had his medical already?.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #27: Dec 31, 2012 04:14:39 pm

Could be on the bench though if everything like the paperwork passes through quickly, in fairness.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,984 posts | 3061 
      Reply #28: Dec 31, 2012 04:18:20 pm
      ...if everything...passes through quickly..

Poor taste mate - given Gaffers condition
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #29: Dec 31, 2012 04:39:13 pm

I honestly expect him to be on the bench for us as long as he is fit and the paperwork has cleared.  We have no other striking reinforcements to back up Suarez if he were to be forced off through injury.  It will also be good for the lads confidence to see that he is part of the 1st team plans straight away. 
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #30: Dec 31, 2012 04:51:09 pm
      Poor taste mate - given Gaffers condition

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #31: Dec 31, 2012 11:31:53 pm
      O'Neill has a good record against us so it will be tight, hopefully the boys will get over the shits...
                    Reina
      Wisdom  Skrtel  Agger   Johnson
               Lucas     Henderson
                    Gerrard
       Sterling  Suarez  Downing

The above team selection for me.

Given the pattern lately, this will be an embarrassing loss.

Of course there's no reason we can't buck the trend. Need to see more from the midfield and I think Henderson has earned the start over Allen at this point, especially against this more physical team.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,563 posts | 1497 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #32: Dec 31, 2012 11:34:50 pm
      Reina
      Johnson Skrtel Agger Robinson
      Lucas Henderson
      Gerrard
      Downing Suarez Sterling

Assaidi sub!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #33: Dec 31, 2012 11:41:52 pm
      Must win we need to catch up with the teams on 33 points to get into the mix.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,309 posts | 768 
      Reply #34: Dec 31, 2012 11:57:09 pm
      Need to keep the winning mentality going, tougher game altogether than at QPR. hopeful though of another 3 points.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #35: Jan 01, 2013 12:46:23 am
      Strugglig to find the thread/place so here will have to do.HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my Reds Fans brothers and sisters alike.YNWA and above us only sky.God bless and may all our troubles be low scoring WINS (hick).Remember!Don't post p*****d.  :f_whistle: xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #36: Jan 01, 2013 04:32:04 am
      Reina

Johnson Skrtel Agger Downing

Sahin
      Henderson Gerrard

Sterling                     Suso
      Suarez

That is a mix of what I would like to see and what I think will happen, think it should be easy to realise which is which. Think we will make things hard for ourselves in this match to be honest and it'll be a hell of a close game. Both teams will no doubt score so my guess is either 2-2 or 2-1 to us.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #37: Jan 01, 2013 10:10:01 am
                      Pepe
      Wisdom  Skirt. Agger  Johnson
                 Lucas.  Hendo
                      Gerrard
      Downing   Suarez   Sterling

Consistency is key, apart from Jose & Allen I would field same 11, Sterling has to step up from the qpr game tho,
      If Sturbridge is signed I'd have him on the. Bench if fit, would rather have Falcao tho,

Don't fear black cats but that's not to say they won't cause problems, going for a 3-1 win with all around us F***ing things up.

IBWT     YNWA
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,932 posts | 283 
      Reply #38: Jan 01, 2013 12:25:46 pm
      Suarez to shine, again. 4-1.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #39: Jan 01, 2013 12:42:05 pm
      Apparently because of the bank holiday the paper work for Sturridge won't be done in time for him to play tomorrow. I'd assume he'll be in the stands and might make an appearance against Mansfield on Sunday?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #40: Jan 01, 2013 12:47:21 pm
      Apparently because of the bank holiday the paper work for Sturridge won't be done in time for him to play tomorrow. I'd assume he'll be in the stands and might make an appearance against Mansfield on Sunday?

Typical incompetent FA. Lets start the opening of the Transfer Window on a BANK HOLIDAY when we're CLOSED.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #41: Jan 01, 2013 12:49:49 pm
      Typical incompetent FA. Lets start the opening of the Transfer Window on a BANK HOLIDAY when we're CLOSED.

Funny only because it's true.

Get this funny mental picture of Ronnie Barker in Open All Hours, rubbing his hands and saying "right guys, we're open for business!", customers walking to go in and him standing firm at the door, "nope, sorry we're closed!"
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #42: Jan 01, 2013 02:37:11 pm
      Apparently because of the bank holiday the paper work for Sturridge won't be done in time for him to play tomorrow.
      Don't think he could of played because the round of games starts today - don't you have to sign on or before the same time to play either Sat/Sun games?

Anyway - don't like Sunderland (or MON) and hoping we can surely get the points.  Keep Fletcher quiet and I think you normally beat them this season.  We must owe them a good beating after recent games against them.

Agree with most selections but wouldn't be surprised to see Downing at left back.
      sonuxs
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 332 posts |
      Reply #43: Jan 01, 2013 06:01:48 pm
       :-\ Why is the transfer thread locked during the transfer month ? Any ideas ?
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #44: Jan 01, 2013 07:08:16 pm
      Going to this game tomorrow. Really excited since I haven't been the match for ages. With being away at uni and working at weekends, and now being in a different country, thought I may as well take this chance to go while I'm home for Christmas.

Was hoping we'd go into this game with a string of wins. Had we beat Villa and got at least a point from Stoke, that would have been very encouraging.

Nevertheless, another must win game and let's hope Everton drop points in their tricky away game.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,177 posts | 526 
      Reply #45: Jan 01, 2013 07:18:51 pm
      Lets hope this year gets off to a winning start against Sunderland,and I'm going for a edgy 2-1 win to the redmen.

Happy new year to everyone.

Quick Reply