Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

Liverpool v Sunderland, Wednesday 2nd January, KO: 19:45 Pre-match build up

Read 10025 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Liverpool v Sunderland, Wednesday 2nd January, KO: 19:45 Pre-match build up
      Reply #46: Jan 01, 2013 07:21:05 pm
      :-\ Why is the transfer thread locked during the transfer month ? Any ideas ?

Click on Liverpool FC Forum and then it is in the page below 'The Kop'.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,363 posts | 1538 
      Reply #47: Jan 01, 2013 10:24:10 pm
      Thinking like most, tricky game this. capable of beating these but depends on which team turns up for both. They've been a bit less convincing than us, but have a couple of decent players retuning from injury so have looked a bit better last couple of games. Hope we get an early goal and continue with the urgency we showed against qpr first half. Just hope we have a better second half tomorrow. Few good results went in our favour today, just hope we can capitalise on them this time. Think the game will go................
        1 - 0         2 - 0       2 - 1      3 - 1   Suarez 2 Gerrard 1    With Martin 'Zebedee' Oneil leaping about like a man obsessed. With places threatened due to the threat of new signings coming in, should see everyone give 110 % .  Surely now we can start on the road to consistency...
      luciano-lfc
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #48: Jan 02, 2013 01:00:09 am
      We play manure, norwich, arsenal and city next. I don't usually say this, but we ABSOLUTELY need to win this game. If our center backs don't have another off day, we can beat them, no problem. I'm going for 3-1, goals from Suarez, Gerrard and Skrtel.

And Happy New Year, everyone!!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #49: Jan 02, 2013 01:00:20 am
      Just a quick question, I'm travelling from Manchester for the game tomorrow and I am getting the train to Sandhills and I am hoping to get the Soccerbus to Anfield, does anybody know how often they are? Would be a big help, if not then no worries.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #50: Jan 02, 2013 02:25:17 am
      A lot of results went our way, so once again, like Stoke, getting points here is a must. 3 points would be pretty big heading into the FA Cup, then United away.

I'd go with this tomorrow:

Reina
      Skrtel     Agger
      Wisdom                  Johnson
      Allen   Sahin
      Gerrard
      Downing                    Assaidi
      Suarez

I think Glen should be at LB to combat Adam Johnson. He'll be cutting in on his left a lot and that will be onto Glen's stronger right foot.

Give Sahin a run out in midfield while pushing Stevie higher up the pitch. Leaving out Lucas so he can recover more. Ideally, he'd come on for about 25-30 minutes at the end, for either Joe or Nuri.

I'd also start Assaidi as Sterling was very good vs QPR and is still in need of rest.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #51: Jan 02, 2013 05:26:19 am
      Win one lose one.  Thas the way its been going for us.  But toss that its a New Year.  Star with a win.  Very important.  Sturridge's arrival imminent and a new Year everyone has to be positive and napalm sunderland too.  Ofcourse you're gonna get casualties by maybe surrendering some goals but toss that keep napalming them till they are wiped out.  Going for a win win.  Please REDMEN do em good.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,796 posts | 575 
      Reply #52: Jan 02, 2013 10:26:51 am
      New Year - a new hope. Home win essential.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6776 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #53: Jan 02, 2013 11:53:36 am
      Hi all still here in India struggling to figure out time difference. How long till KO ?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #54: Jan 02, 2013 11:54:43 am
      Hi all still here in India struggling to figure out time difference. How long till KO ?

Touch under 8 hours Aus...

Hope you're having a good time lad
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6776 
      Reply #55: Jan 02, 2013 12:02:21 pm
      Thanks Pd. yeah having a ball mate drinking heaps smoking heaps and smoking heaps  ;)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #56: Jan 02, 2013 12:32:21 pm
      yeah having a ball mate drinking heaps smoking heaps and smoking heaps

That's maybe why you're having diffs with the time difference mate... "time is immaterial man". Tho' as long as you don't end up smoking the beef (strong skunk/'convincing' trannies) you'll be alright Ian.

Five and a half hours in front should be 01:15 Ganja Ganges time.  8)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6776 
      Reply #57: Jan 02, 2013 12:46:19 pm
       :lmao:

Thanks BBB that means 7 hours to KO. Sweet go u Reds
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #58: Jan 02, 2013 12:56:46 pm
      KO at 1:15 IST.
       #INDlfc ;D
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #59: Jan 02, 2013 01:01:32 pm
      Just a quick question, I'm travelling from Manchester for the game tomorrow and I am getting the train to Sandhills and I am hoping to get the Soccerbus to Anfield, does anybody know how often they are? Would be a big help, if not then no worries.

Don't know the exact timing but they are very frequent.

Alternatively, if you dive off the train at Lime Street (presuming you are on the train) and walk down to the Marriott, direct buses and shared taxis run to the ground for £1.90 and come every 5 minutes.

Just so you know, if you are travelling back to Manchester by train after the game, it's rail replacement buses after 9pm.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #60: Jan 02, 2013 01:04:41 pm
      Aussie - I work a lot in India, they are currently 5:30 mins ahead of us.

Looking forward to this, a nice solid 3 points to give us any chance of mounting a sprint for the top 4.

Hoping Everton will stumble at Newcastle with all the pressure mounting on Pardew.

QPR to get something out of the chavs would be magnificent.

#Optimism
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,984 posts | 3061 
      Reply #61: Jan 02, 2013 01:46:11 pm
      Nervous about this game - this season has me conditioned for a boot in the b#llocks tonight.

As ever my optimism prevails so its 2-0 LFC - Luis and wait for it..............Hendo.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #62: Jan 02, 2013 02:43:19 pm
      I think we'll win comfortably here, 4-0.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #63: Jan 02, 2013 02:47:14 pm
      Fancy us against any team that just come and sit. Just have to make sure when they break we close down quickly and don't let them get any decent service to Fletcher. Remember the only reason we didn't win the first time was because of our love of hitting the woodwork.

Allen and Gerrard bossed the midfield in the first game, we'll see the same again with better results this time
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #64: Jan 02, 2013 02:47:52 pm

Hope so Mick,but i will take a 1-0 from a deflection if it meant 3 points bagged.
      Fowler kop hero
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      Reply #65: Jan 02, 2013 02:55:23 pm

O god! Hope so but lets not go in thinking we have it won before we kick a ball like the villa game!! Sunderland have got better will be hard to break down and good on the break.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #66: Jan 02, 2013 02:58:40 pm
      On way to this one...! 4-0..
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #67: Jan 02, 2013 03:08:25 pm

Are you still bevvied from New Years big lad?
      I'll take 2-0 all day Suarez both probably
      sonuxs
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 332 posts |
      Reply #68: Jan 02, 2013 03:11:10 pm
      Touch under 8 hours Aus...

Hope you're having a good time lad

IF you are in India the match is at 1:10 am on ESPN.

Cheers,

Quick Reply