Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Nuri Sahin (Liverpool to Real Madrid - loan cancellation)

Read 16079 times
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Re: Nuri Sahin (Liverpool to Real Madrid - loan cancellation)
      Reply #115: Jan 11, 2013 05:33:25 pm
      What a shame, real real shame.

Far from his best he was still more productive than most of our first teamers, and would only get better if given a proper run in the team.

Hopefully that means we're bringing someone to replace him then. If not it's just ridiculous to let a player of his quality leave.

Yep. We're probably going to look back at this and say, "Hey remember when we had Nuri Sahin for half a season...." I think we'll regret letting him go.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #116: Jan 11, 2013 05:34:44 pm
      No "looks" about it.

4 has been a bit of a poisoned chalice lately.

If you look at the squad numbers, are we now without a Number 4, 9 and 10?

Becoming very obvious we've stopped replacing quality with quantity and have decided not to replace it at all

F*cking brilliant....
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #117: Jan 11, 2013 05:35:20 pm
      We now have 5 central midfielders and only enough room on the pitch for 2 at a time. Especially now we have the option to play Luis in the AM role thanks to the Sturridge signing, he is even less needed.

I think his talent is wasted, especially being a loanee as well. We need to give opportunities to midfielders who are here long term, not for one season.

Will be disappointed if we don't replace him though, our squad is looking thinner and thinner.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,640 posts | 3867 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #118: Jan 11, 2013 05:38:04 pm
      We now have 5 central midfielders and only enough room on the pitch for 2 at a time. Especially now we have the option to play Luis in the AM role thanks to the Sturridge signing, he is even less needed.

I think his talent is wasted, especially being a loanee as well. We need to give opportunities to midfielders who are here long term, not for one season.

Will be disappointed if we don't replace him though, our squad is looking thinner and thinner.

We play a midfield 3.

Lucas/Coady

Henderson/Shelvey              Gerrard/Allen

They now seem to be our options.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #119: Jan 11, 2013 05:39:19 pm
      I do not feel this is short-sighted.. if he did not get along with the group or the system or whatever it was then we have to deal with it. Not everything works out.

Gotta say I really hope we get someone else in. We cannot rely on Gerrard, Lucas, Allen, Henderson and Shelvey.. although I guess there is one lad who deserves the time that we think Sahin should've got or should have in the remaining fixtures.... his name is Suso. Don't like him on the right wing even though he has a belter of a shot and hunger to shoot too. now that Sturridge is here I hope and pray he will get some midfield time - he is slight but could be the answer.

Jay Spearing is a man we could recall for insurance - although the option might be closed by now?
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #120: Jan 11, 2013 05:41:38 pm
      We play a midfield 3.

Lucas/Coady

If gerrard gets injured, then our mid field would be
                                   Lucas
                 Hendo/Shelvey       Allen/Shelvey

Wow!. It would scare any fans in the world.

Edit: Liver pool fans :D
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,924 posts | 967 
      Reply #121: Jan 11, 2013 05:45:26 pm
      We play a midfield 3.

Lucas/Coady

I think our midfield 3 will look more like:

Lucas/Hendo    Gerrard/Allen

Shelvey/Suso

Could be better, but it is not too shabby in my opinion.  Better than United's CMs anyway.  I am hopeful that Suso gets more minutes playing the # 10 role as I believe he is the most promising young player we have!! 

We do need additional help up front though.  Someone who will bring added creativity and flair, but most importantly goals and assists!!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #122: Jan 11, 2013 05:47:37 pm
      We do need additional help up front though.  Someone who will bring added creativity and flair, but most importantly goals and assists!!

We badly need a real attacking midfielder... Shelvey isn't half good enough at the moment.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #123: Jan 11, 2013 05:48:32 pm
      What a stupid decision to let him go, seems there are still some idiots working at the club, there's no reason that comes to mind for letting him go.
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 15 
      Reply #124: Jan 11, 2013 05:49:52 pm
      What a stupid decision to let him go, seems there are still some idiots working at the club, there's no reason that comes to mind for letting him go.

What if it frees up money/wages for another incoming permanent transfer? Sounds like a pretty good reason to me.
      harrydunn08

• 5,924 posts | 967 
      Reply #125: Jan 11, 2013 05:55:10 pm
      We badly need a real attacking midfielder... Shelvey isn't half good enough at the moment.

I'd certainly be on board with this.  Gerrard has adapted to a deeper role nicely, Suso is raw, and Shelvey has been poor lately so I'd agree with this sentiment.  It will be interesting to see how it is addressed, if at all :/
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #126: Jan 11, 2013 05:55:23 pm

Who can we reasonably get though? Isco has a buyout clause (according to the rumors), Honda, Diego (not you) is having a good season at Wolfsburg are probably the most common names I see. How realistic any of them are is another issue.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,640 posts | 3867 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #127: Jan 11, 2013 05:56:31 pm
      Who can we reasonably get though? Isco has a buyout clause (according to the rumors), Honda, Diego (not you) is having a good season at Wolfsburg are probably the most common names I see. How realistic any of them are is another issue.

Honda or Diego.
      Either would do a good job and be a reasonable price.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #128: Jan 11, 2013 05:57:56 pm

I was trying to think of names right now too.
      I like the look of the Shakhtar playmaker whose name I won't bother trying to spell right now (the Armenian guy). Not sure if it's realistic either, given they're in the UCL knockout stages.

Most players I can think of right now are mostly wide men, not proper attacking mids.
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #129: Jan 11, 2013 06:02:51 pm
      What if it frees up money/wages for another incoming permanent transfer? Sounds like a pretty good reason to me.
      Lets hope so.

I have a strange feeling that FSG earning back the money they spend from their pocket.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #130: Jan 11, 2013 06:03:05 pm
      Sad too, wish he could had made the impact I expected.

We seem to be making a habit of signing midfielders that don't suit this league.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #131: Jan 11, 2013 06:07:40 pm
      Oh, there's Giuliano from Dnipro but he would be a gamble of sorts - he has never played at the big European stage.

Another attacking man who we could take a gamble on is Eduardo Vargas, not an attacking midfielder, more of a forward/wide forward. Wants to leave Napoli and will probably end up loaned out to some Brazilian club, but he could be a big hit in the right club. Talented player and used to playing in a high pressing game.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #132: Jan 11, 2013 06:17:47 pm

Quick Reply