Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Pep Guardiola to become Bayern Munchen manager next season

Read 5975 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Pep Guardiola to become Bayern Munchen manager next season
      Reply #23: Jan 17, 2013 01:50:33 am
      Fascinating move. Shows that he likes to be a bit more classy and ambitious than his contemporaries. It would have been awful if he'd gone to Man City and Chelsea - two clubs devoid of any passion and any purpose.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #24: Jan 17, 2013 12:00:45 pm
      I've been banging on about the German model for a while now, but I'm not sure it will ever happen here because there are too many vested interests and too many people looking to make a few quid.

I can see German teams dominating Europe in the next few years, and they've done it via a sustainable model.
      Yes it took them a while, but they are going to reap the rewards.

This is a fantastic signing for Bayern, and will really raise the profile of the league in general.

Fair play to them and I hope it works out.
      Now we'll see how good Pep really is after people saying the hard work had already been done for him at Barca.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #25: Jan 17, 2013 03:10:41 pm
      So who will Robben & Gomez be playing for next season? Guardiola shipped out the likes of Zambrotta, Deco & Ronaldinho early in his Barca career, Deco & Ronaldinho due to their egos and attitude. I can see Robben fitting into this category. Plus they have Shaqiri coming through who looks a real talent. Maybe Isco to Bayern?
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #26: Jan 17, 2013 04:22:38 pm
      So who will Robben & Gomez be playing for next season? Guardiola shipped out the likes of Zambrotta, Deco & Ronaldinho early in his Barca career, Deco & Ronaldinho due to their egos and attitude. I can see Robben fitting into this category. Plus they have Shaqiri coming through who looks a real talent. Maybe Isco to Bayern?

I think he might give it a season or even half a season before he starts shipping some of the "bigger" players out, unless of course they just show a terrible attitude in pre season.

At Barca he knew exactly what he was going in to. When he as manager of the B team they often had friendlies against the senior team. He could see the attitudes and egos, he knew that there was no unity in that team. I think it was his first press conference as Barca manager he came out and said he didn't want Ronaldinho, Deco or Eto'o, he had them well sussed out.

I reckon everyone will get a clean slate at Bayern, but he'll have a very exact plan in mind and everyone will need to prove they can work in that plan and as a unit.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #27: Jan 17, 2013 07:49:38 pm
      kind of limits romans options now.Just hope Rafa goes to Real and Maureen goes to UTD or City.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #28: Jan 17, 2013 08:00:26 pm
      kind of limits romans options now.Just hope Rafa goes to Real and Maureen goes to UTD or City.

Rafa to RM and Maureen to Citeh would be ideal for me. I don't want Maureen at Scum, just like I don't want Rafa staying and being successful at the Chavs.

Quick Reply