Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Philippe Coutinho (Inter)

Read 73160 times
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Inter)
      Reply #460: Jan 27, 2013 10:26:25 am
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #461: Jan 27, 2013 10:46:54 am
      37th second to the the 50th secon...1 question

Can he do that on a cold night in Stoke!!!  :f_tongueincheek:
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #462: Jan 27, 2013 12:01:59 pm
      Some outrageous ball skill, ridiculous some of it. If he can produce a few of those tricks while people are trying to kick lumps out of him, we'll have ourselves a right player. Must say though those who said he was a number 10 earlier in the piece are probably wrong at this stage, he looks an out and out wide man to me. Might be an early end to Assaidi's Anfield career which is a shame, hjowever I've a hunch we might make a couple of quid profit on him.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #463: Jan 27, 2013 12:12:28 pm
      Can he do that on a cold night in Stoke!
      :lmao:  :-\

We'll know soon enough I guess (fingers crossed).

I'm chuffed with this signing as you can’t have enough flair in a team, in my opinion. Who knows what the future holds so I hope Philippe can have as an immediate impact as Daniel whilst continuing to grow and fulfil his potential.

On the other hand; the lad's, what, only twenty? It might take him time to settle in and find his feet and if it does I hope that we show him the courtesy of time before writing him off. I've a good feeling about this.  :nod:
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #464: Jan 27, 2013 12:32:46 pm
      Inter paid 4m for a 16 yr old who couldn't play for another 2 years, there's defo something there but their club is in such financial turmoil so they are clearing the decks like we did years ago

I like that he gives us flair and pace, perfect young team around him to help and br,s strongest point seems to be his youth development skills

Well chuffed were getting a potential world class player who wants to to come here  top lay
      Bleed-LFC
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 200 posts |
      Reply #465: Jan 27, 2013 12:35:41 pm
      Apparently  :roll: from FB

Rumours Inter fans aren't happy about the Coutinho deal with #LFC and are set to protest at tonight's game at home to Torino
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #466: Jan 27, 2013 12:39:58 pm
      Inter paid 4m for a 16 yr old who couldn't play for another 2 years, there's defo something there...

Absolutely. As I mentioned much earlier in the thread, I won't claim to have watched Coutinho play recently but I DO remember the name from when he signed for Inter and he was extremely highly rated at the time, the next big thing from Brazil. We can only speculate as to how well he will adapt to our league and whether his injury problems can be resolved but I'm delighted that he has ended up here and have high hopes.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #467: Jan 27, 2013 01:27:09 pm
      Pleased if we get this lad - still wouldn't mind a bit of experience but I think he's got real quality. Looks to me to be able to do change patterns and direction by doing the unexpected and that is one of the things I think we've lacked (Luis aside).
      redcod81
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #468: Jan 27, 2013 02:08:40 pm
      I would also like to see him on the left of the front 3 .Our midfield looks good with Hendo in there doing most of the running for Gerrard and Lucas.Gerrard's recent form has been down to Henderson's energy closing down and working hard ,Coutinho does'nt look that type of player .I'd start Coutinho on the left most games and use Downing to see games out if we need to give help to our left back.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #469: Jan 27, 2013 02:30:58 pm
      Seems like a done deal,  just down to work permit and medical then. Not seen much of him but seems very tallented with a teriffic first touch. Hope he can hack it in the prem, young enough to adapt if he's brave enoiugh, so looks a great buy. Can't wait to see him in a red shirt now. Against the Arse anyone ? or possibly Citeh?
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #470: Jan 27, 2013 02:33:12 pm
      Just look at the goal Oscar scored today, great dribbling in a tight space and a Brazilian-esque finish. Doubting if his style could cut it here is a non factor for me.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #471: Jan 27, 2013 03:08:36 pm
      Im loving this kid...

Please let this happen!
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #472: Jan 27, 2013 03:40:31 pm
      According to Tancredi Palmer this deal could hit the rocks if Inter are unable to sign Paulinho as a replacement..... 

For our sake, I hope it goes through as I have been keen on Cou for a few years and I believe that he will become a top player!!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #473: Jan 27, 2013 03:57:00 pm
      Sounds very promising that this move is getting closer. Is he going to come in and play as an AM or winger?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #474: Jan 27, 2013 09:37:42 pm
      So 2 days since I last checked and 6 pages later and we still haven't confirmed this bid. Why do our Transfers seem to always be a drama? Get it F***ing done already!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #475: Jan 27, 2013 10:40:34 pm
      So 2 days since I last checked and 6 pages later and we still haven't confirmed this bid. Why do our Transfers seem to always be a drama? Get it F***ing done already!

Work permit mate.

If he gets one, that's when the club should announce.
      Titanic
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #476: Jan 27, 2013 10:50:45 pm
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #477: Jan 27, 2013 10:58:42 pm
      Work permit mate.

If he gets one, that's when the club should announce.

Sweet, thanks Res...hopefully it gets sorted soon.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #478: Jan 28, 2013 09:32:11 am
      Very excited by coutinho. I remember Rafa putting faith in him and the fast French winger (whose name escapes me) and both were definitely up to the standard and that is 3 years ago.
      redno7
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 168 posts | 18 
      Reply #479: Jan 28, 2013 09:42:24 am
      really excited about this signing but I can't help but think if that Oldham match had been his first game for us he'd of got kicked black and blue. I wonder if they put 14 day cooling off periods in the players contracts in case they change their minds? ha ha
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,500 posts | 233 
      Reply #480: Jan 28, 2013 11:18:52 am
      Very excited by coutinho. I remember Rafa putting faith in him and the fast French winger (whose name escapes me) and both were definitely up to the standard and that is 3 years ago.

Not sure but I think his name was Valvueva??
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #481: Jan 28, 2013 11:26:40 am
      Not sure but I think his name was Valvueva??

Or he could mean jonathan Biabiany. He only really played a lot when Rafa was in charge. Got shipped out to Parma shortly after.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #482: Jan 28, 2013 12:05:24 pm
      wasnt he supposed to have medical today? i thought i would see a coule of leaked pics of him entering melwood. needed a uplift after the oldham result :)

Quick Reply