Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 5th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W9 D6 L6

Luis Suarez should be a national hero

Read 6071 times
      BC231979
      • Forum Jari Litmanen
      • Started Topic

• 50 posts |
      Luis Suarez should be a national hero
      Jan 19, 2013 04:57:28 pm
      Luis Suarez takes a lot of stick from various quarters - some deserved - some not.

But the guy should be a national hero - he should be on the Queen's honours list - even Man Utd fans should praise our Uruguayan superstar - the lad should have his picture hanging on the Ferdinand brothers' wall

Why should he be a national legend?

HE TOOK JOHN TERRY OUT FOR A FEW MONTHS!

THAT IS AN ABSOLUTE LEGEND IN MY BOOK!
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: Luis Suarez should be a national hero
      Reply #1: Jan 19, 2013 05:17:02 pm
      Can you be a national hero in England if you're not English? Like it or not Suarez is hated by most people outside the Liverpool family, I love him, but I can see why others don't, he is controversial, and if he was a Manc I would probably not like him either. Then again if he was a Manc, he wouldn't get half the sh*t he gets from the media!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2: Jan 19, 2013 05:22:53 pm
      Bit of an odd thread, but I'll use it to say it here.

He is my favourite ever footballer. Everything about him I love. Even if he left Liverpool, I don't think I could find it in myself to dislike the guy. Just looking at his little goofy face makes warm inside. Love him.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #3: Jan 19, 2013 05:26:45 pm

He is my favourite ever footballer. Everything about him I love. Even if he left Liverpool, I don't think I could find it in myself to dislike the guy. Just looking at his little goofy face makes warm inside. Love him.

Any old excuse to post this picture:

Love him. :D

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #4: Jan 20, 2013 01:08:45 am
      Any old excuse to post this picture:

Love him. :D

;D How could anyone not love a face like that?
      Dynami:t
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 701 posts | 31 
      Reply #5: Jan 20, 2013 01:34:26 am
      Must love it :D :D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #6: Jan 20, 2013 06:26:04 am
      Luis Suarez is the ideal professional for me,he has grit determination and in the tradition of Liverpool Football Club he hates losing.I cannot give him any higher accolade than to say that he would of fitted into any Liverpool team of the 1960s/70s and 80s.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #7: Jan 20, 2013 12:28:59 pm
      Luis IS a national hero twice over in fact
      Uruguay.
      Republic of Scouseland.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #8: Jan 20, 2013 03:21:00 pm
      A strange post  but as the mods have left it .....interested to see interpretations and replies.

Most importantly he should always in Liverpool FC folklore be regarded as a club hero.

In the year 2012 due to the complete and total f**k up ( deliberate or not ) of management of this revered club ..... this player Luis Suarez  with his goals and assists carried the club on his own .... for half of the season.

It is due to Suarez  single-handedly with his goals and his assists that this club even is in  a reasonable position in the league.
      Now the old fashioned  simple basics of football tactics of two strikers is in operation we may just even get near a top four place.

The work, the knocks and the shifts that he has put in,  are beyond description. 

Mr S has literally kept us and Brendan Rogers from a position of humiliation.

When we vote for the player of the year there will only be one name on the voting board.

Senor Luis Alberto Suárez Díaz.

Thanks for saving all our blushes Luis.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #9: Jan 20, 2013 03:43:03 pm
      just making a big fuss on Sky over wonderful Van Persie who has scored 1 more than Luis in a better team.The part Luis has made in the first 23 games in a difficult start to the season has been immense.
      If FSG get things right now we can push on and we can give him CL football get it wrong and we could lose him in the summer.
      We can't afford to lose him.
      Bier
      Reply #10: Jan 20, 2013 04:18:00 pm
      He already is a national hero, in Uruguay.
      canon40d
      • Forum John Toshack

• 262 posts |
      Reply #11: Jan 20, 2013 07:47:51 pm
      i admire luis because of his work ethic snd professionalism. Look when your as good as luis is,the defenders in the epl will abuse you and intimidate you physically. So luis gets frustated and he reacted by diving.Stoke are the dirtiest team in the EPL and thats why luis dived against them. There are a lot of things he cant say which he would like to say, but the stats speak for themelves. Luis is the complete oposite to lance armstrong.
      Fourbrick3
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 131 posts |
      Reply #12: Jan 20, 2013 09:07:43 pm
      Luis plays his game like we all used to play in the street. Full of enthusiasm, joy of life and will to win. Lets just hope that 1 he stays here and 2, he learns to kerb his dubious side.   
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #13: Jan 20, 2013 09:21:44 pm
      Can you be a national hero in England if you're not English?

You definitely can't if you're South American.
      Nene
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts |
      Reply #14: Jan 21, 2013 03:48:13 am
      Luis Suarez is the ideal professional for me, he has grit determination and in the tradition of Liverpool Football Club he hates losing. I cannot give him any higher accolade than to say that he would have fitted into any Liverpool team of the 1960s/70s and 80s.
      You just gave me an idea: for the coming matches against arse and city, let's field this team:

If someone gets me a Tardis, I volunteer to go back to 2005 and bring here all the lads, including young Stevie and young Carra. The only one I will leave there is Baros because we already have Luis, so no need for the Chech guy. (And one dented cup is enough.  ;) )
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,808 posts | 6756 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #15: Jan 21, 2013 07:17:58 am

That's what I said about Nando  :mad:

I definitely think Luis would never have a bad word to say about this Club. If he leaves and I hope that he never does, I hope he goes abroad and doesn't play for another Premier League Club. That would kill me.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #16: Jan 21, 2013 08:54:07 am

Snap it still makes me feel sick when i see him in a Chelsea shirt pisses me right off
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #17: Jan 21, 2013 11:03:10 am
      You just gave me an idea: for the coming matches against arse and city, let's field this team:

If someone gets me a Tardis, I volunteer to go back to 2005 and bring here all the lads, including young Stevie and young Carra. The only one I will leave there is Baros because we already have Luis, so no need for the Chech guy. (And one dented cup is enough.  ;) )

:chongin:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #18: Jan 21, 2013 11:15:09 am

Snap it still makes me feel sick when i see him in a Chelsea shirt pisses me right off

Doesn't bother me now, he contributes absolutely nothing to their cause and he cost them £50m. I wasn't happy when he first went at all but now that he is consistently terrible, it makes me happy!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #19: Jan 21, 2013 11:34:31 am
      Any man who picks that team to go out and do well for us is deffo smoking something ,Traore,,ffs.
      Nene
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts |
      Reply #20: Jan 21, 2013 01:19:26 pm
      Any man who picks that team to go out and do well for us is deffo smoking something ,Traore,,ffs.

Yeah, they really let us down against Milan, lads just had no fight in them... we should never have picked 'em, that time...   ;D
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #21: Jan 21, 2013 02:37:46 pm
      Yeah, they really let us down against Milan, lads just had no fight in them... we should never have picked 'em, that time...   ;D

Dont remember Suarez playing
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,352 posts | 1534 
      Reply #22: Jan 21, 2013 03:25:04 pm
      Luis Suarez is the ideal professional for me,he has grit determination and in the tradition of Liverpool Football Club he hates losing.I cannot give him any higher accolade than to say that he would of fitted into any Liverpool team of the 1960s/70s and 80s.

This  /\  all day long  ;D ;D ;D

Quick Reply