Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Luis Suarez (Arsenal / Munich / Madrid)

Read 464853 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: Luis Suarez (Arsenal / Munich / Madrid)
      Reply #5704: Sep 02, 2013 12:03:35 pm
      Don't be.

We won't sell Suarez. The club isn't stupid enough to do it with 11 hours to go.

We won't sell him today.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5705: Sep 02, 2013 12:19:55 pm
      Don't be.

We won't sell Suarez. The club isn't stupid enough to do it with 11 hours to go.
      Yea,  it's not like we ever sold Torres with 1 hour to go, Luis Suarez would never hand in an official transfer request like that.  He's always shown such loyalty to the club.........
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #5706: Sep 02, 2013 12:22:46 pm
      Yea,  it's not like we ever sold Torres with 1 hour to go, Luis Suarez would never hand in an official transfer request like that.  He's always shown such loyalty to the club.........

Yawn

Different situations

Tell you what if you want a charity bet on it?

I think Suarez will leave January or next summer but not today
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5707: Sep 02, 2013 12:25:47 pm
      if we still have him tomorrow,  it won't be because of other clubs not bidding, it will be because of Rodgers firm stance. Personally I think he won't just jump back in our first team. He will have to make his way performing in the Carling Cup game against united.  If he doesn't impress, or we see another masterclass with us losing,  I would keep him out our starting lineup. Suarez has got to be bricking it how he acted and how good we are without him. It was what we could do for Suarez too much, now it's what Suarez can do for us.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,984 posts | 3061 
      Reply #5708: Sep 02, 2013 12:26:53 pm

Whoah there fella - didn't you rag off on Billy1 for p#ssing on your chips re Suarez earlier on in the window?

Now I'm confused.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 2836 
      Reply #5709: Sep 02, 2013 12:27:21 pm
      He will walk back into the team. Aspas has done absolutely nothing to justify starting ahead of Luis.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5710: Sep 02, 2013 12:27:43 pm
      Yawn

Different situations

Tell you what if you want a charity bet on it?

I think Suarez will leave January or next summer but not today
      depends on our league position I think.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #5711: Sep 02, 2013 12:28:53 pm
      What are you trying to say now you odd little thing?  :roll:
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #5712: Sep 02, 2013 12:29:06 pm
      depends on our league position I think.

We're top and we are talking today!

£100 to the HJC?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5713: Sep 02, 2013 12:32:37 pm
      He will walk back into the team. Aspas has done absolutely nothing to justify starting ahead of Luis.
      other than being part of an unbeaten 11. Sometimes you have to appreciate the off the ball play, he gets in dangerous positions drawing defenders out.  That has helped Sturridge. Suarez doesn't get in those kind of positions unless he has the ball at his feet. Mostly because everyone passes to him relentlessly for the whole game,  this bad approach has cost us games and making Suarez our top scorer.  Not acceptable so, so if it ain't broke don't fix it.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #5714: Sep 02, 2013 12:33:01 pm

For sure but he is a handy little tool in our box. Like his pressing and work rate.

Nonetheless I can't wait to see Luis back in the team.

Don't be silly. Torres handed in a transfer request 3 days before the window closed because he knew Chelsea were in for him. We all knew it was over then.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5715: Sep 02, 2013 12:36:32 pm
      For sure but he is a handy little tool in our box. Like his pressing and work rate.

Nonetheless I can't wait to see Luis back in the team.
      where? He ain't going to get ahead of Sturridge in the central role and we haven't seen alot of Suarez on the right. My guess is Rodgers will test him on the right in the league cup.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #5716: Sep 02, 2013 12:38:28 pm
      where? He ain't going to get ahead of Sturridge in the central role and we haven't seen alot of Suarez on the right. My guess is Rodgers will test him on the right in the league cup.

Test him on the right?

He could play right back and be better than Johnson. He is a world class player, up there with the best in the world, and he'll play any attacking position and improve us.

To say we need to test if he can play on the right is a load of bollox. He can play right, left, or in behind and we all know he'll play well.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #5717: Sep 02, 2013 12:41:53 pm
      To say we need to test if he can play on the right is a load of bollox.
      Old man's droopy, wrinkly bollocks at that. Test him on the right... Oh holy F**k.  :lmao:
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #5718: Sep 02, 2013 12:46:59 pm

I think Suarez will play off the right mainly this season... His "punishment" for the summers antics is he doesn't get to play through the middle as the main man, Sturridge deserves to stay there.
      Suarez has played wide for Ajax so knows the role and with how fluid the front 3 are he will shift from there anyway.

Suarez has been told to stay and maybe won't be happy with that, for us to force him to stay we need to keep him happy.. We need a good season out of him. There is no point benching him for us or him.

So the bet? If he stays you pay the HJC and if he goes by tonight I do?

Either back up your posts and prove you don't write things just to get a reaction or we know that's your intention.
      Wiggy
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 293 posts | 21 
      Reply #5719: Sep 02, 2013 12:48:51 pm
      Test him on the right?

He could play right back and be better than Johnson. He is a world class player, up there with the best in the world, and he'll play any attacking position and improve us.

To say we need to test if he can play on the right is a load of bollox. He can play right, left, or in behind and we all know he'll play well.

Agree. Wasn't he LwF for Ajax?
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #5720: Sep 02, 2013 12:52:10 pm
      Hahahahaha. "Suarez doesnt work well off the ball" hahaha. I take it you never seen him play live, lad. Rhe man is a human dinamo!
      Test him on the right...you are hilariuos. He bagged 100 for ajax in the right, and over 30 for uruguay mostly playing the right. I
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5721: Sep 02, 2013 12:53:28 pm
      I think Suarez will play off the right mainly this season... His "punishment" for the summers antics is he doesn't get to play through the middle as the main man, Sturridge deserves to stay there.
      Suarez has played wide for Ajax so knows the role and with how fluid the front 3 are he will shift from there anyway.

Suarez has been told to stay and maybe won't be happy with that, for us to force him to stay we need to keep him happy.. We need a good season out of him. There is no point benching him for us or him.

So the bet? If he stays you pay the HJC and if he goes by tonight I do?

Either back up your posts and prove you don't write things just to get a reaction or we know that's your intention.
      I'm not a betting man. I think he will stay but play on the right,  that's my guess.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #5722: Sep 02, 2013 12:57:25 pm
      I'm not a betting man. I think he will stay but play on the right,  that's my guess.
      You do know top players usually find their own place in the pitch? They identify where they are mist usefull and drift on the field.
      You cant lock them up
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5723: Sep 02, 2013 12:59:50 pm
      Hahahahaha. "Suarez doesnt work well off the ball" hahaha. I take it you never seen him play live, lad. Rhe man is a human dinamo!
      Test him on the right...you are hilariuos. He bagged 100 for ajax in the right, and over 30 for uruguay mostly playing the right. I
      You can just get lost twisting my words. I said he hasn't got into those positions as often off the ball, but that is probably down to him having a lot of possession.  Also he plays central role.  He does some off the ball work but I just don't think it's right that people doubt Aspas when he's done well. Aspas has done a lot of off the ball work but people don't notice it and compare it to Suarez having the ball at his feet in a central role. Laugh all you want but it's true,  not enough fans appreciate the work off the ball.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #5724: Sep 02, 2013 01:01:24 pm
      So what the F**k was all this about?

Why did you snipe at lfc_ynwa when he said we won't sell Suarez?

I'm a betting man and my money is on you being 'A Bit Slow'... although it must be said 'Wind Up Merchant' is attracting a lot of late bets and may even go off favourite.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5725: Sep 02, 2013 01:03:59 pm
      So what the f**k was all this about?
      Why did you snipe at lfc_ynwa when he said we won't sell Suarez?

I'm a betting man and my money is on you being 'A Bit Slow'... although it must be said 'Wind Up Merchant' is attracting a lot of late bets and may even go off favourite.
      lfc ynwa sounded sure history won't repeat itself,  I'm not sure but I think it won't. Simple. This ozil business has got us on the edge of our chairs though.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #5726: Sep 02, 2013 01:06:36 pm
      LATE MOVE FOR SUAREZ?
      Spain football writer Andy West: "Arsenal fans will have a lot to thank Tottenham for if the Mesut Ozil deal goes through: it's only been made possible by Gareth Bale's arrival in Madrid.

"With Ozil, Cristiano Ronaldo, Angel Di Maria and the outstanding Isco already on the books, the arrival of Bale means that Carlo Ancelotti simply has too many wingers/attacking midfielders to choose from and Ozil has suddenly become dispensable - an almost unthinkable situation just a few weeks ago.

"The big question now is whether Madrid will use the Ozil money to launch a late bid for Luis Suarez. Don't rule it out."

Ok i don believe he'll be sold but I'm a bit concerned now. HATE deadline day!! :f_steam:

Quick Reply