Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Jamie Carragher Player Thread

Read 127628 times
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Re: Jamie Carragher Player Thread
      Reply #1104: Feb 07, 2013 12:13:24 am
      Freelance journalist ‏@indykaila
      Liverpool Football Club open talks with Jamie Carragher regarding new contract. Jamie Carragher has requested a player/coach role #LFC
      Superb news, was hoping this would be route his career would go but you never know as some players in the past have looked shoe ins but haven't either stayed in the game or at the club.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #1105: Feb 08, 2013 12:46:49 pm
      Freelance journalist ‏@indykaila
      Liverpool Football Club open talks with Jamie Carragher regarding new contract. Jamie Carragher has requested a player/coach role #LFC

More bollocks from Indykaila. Chats absolute sh*te on Twitter constantly. Started off as a 'Freelance Journalist', before discovering that people had realised he was too illiterate to be a journo. The lad works in a call centre for Sky.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #1106: Feb 08, 2013 04:04:49 pm
      More bollocks from Indykaila. Chats absolute sh*te on Twitter constantly. Started off as a 'Freelance Journalist', before discovering that people had realised he was too illiterate to be a journo. The lad works in a call centre for Sky.

LFC just annouced that Kelly just signed a long term contract... Didn't he call that yesterday?
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #1107: Feb 08, 2013 04:09:47 pm
      Maybe not actually. :f_doh:
      real enemy
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts |
      Reply #1108: Feb 18, 2013 06:21:41 am
      We are going to miss Carra's fighting spirit in the team. A pure benevolent attribute which is going to be really hard to replace next season. If we could find it first.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,336 posts | 4962 
      Reply #1109: Feb 21, 2013 10:35:29 pm
      I thought Carra was fantastic tonight despite the mistake and such a shame he had to finish his last European game in that way.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1110: Feb 21, 2013 10:44:15 pm
      I thought Carra was fantastic tonight despite the mistake and such a shame he had to finish his last European game in that way.

This! He didn't let it get to him where as I think it would have gotten to either Agger or Skrtel, he put in a great shift and showed again he is our best defender.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1111: Feb 22, 2013 02:07:11 am
      Gutted for him, didn't expect it and of all the people out there he didn't deserve it. After watching it again thought Pepe could of done much better too, you know that will eat at him for a long time.

YNWA Carra!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1112: Feb 22, 2013 08:40:59 pm
      Gutted for him. You know he'll take that mistake to his grave. Poor fella put in a top shift and for that to knock us out will gut him more than most.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1113: Apr 07, 2013 06:43:49 pm
      Former Leeds man tips Reds’ veteran for vacancy

Terry Yorath believes Leeds United should move to appoint Liverpool man Jamie Carragher as the new manager at Elland Road, reports the Daily Mirror.

Former Wales manager Yorath, who played for Leeds between 1967 and 1976, has claimed that the retiring defender would be the perfect replacement to the departed Neil Warnock.

“Breath of fresh air”

Carragher has in the past expressed an interest in one day becoming a manager, but Yorath claims he is capable of walking straight into the Leeds job, without  any past experience.

“I know that might raise a few eyebrows, and people might say that Leeds is too big a job for a first-time manager. But I don’t see it that way,” Yorath said.

“Carragher would be a breath of fresh air – and that is exactly what is ­needed at Elland Road.

“He’s got no managerial experience, I accept that, but what he does possess is a fantastic pedigree and a wealth of knowledge built up over 17 years at Anfield.”

Student of the game

Despite his lack of coaching experience, Carragher’s desire to learn, and passion for the game could be enough to make him a successful manager.

“He has learned from some of the best managers in the business, and he knows all there is to know about football,” Yorath added.

“You only have to listen to the way he expresses his views on the game to ­realise that. It is crystal clear that he is a keen ­student of the game and very knowledgeable.

“He not only talks sense, but also speaks with a lot of enthusiasm and passion.

“That is the kind of thing that rubs off on players and brings out the best in them. I don’t know what Jamie’s plans are after he hangs up his boots, but it would be a great shame – and a loss to the game – if he didn’t move into coaching.”

Carragher has made more than 700 appearances for the Reds, the only club he has played for in his career.

The defender has won nearly every trophy on offer to English club sides, including the Champions League.

However, the Premier League title is something which has evaded Liverpool for so long, and it leaves a gap in the former England international’s winner’s medals display.

http://www.touchlinetalk.com/former-leeds-man-tips-reds-veteran-for-vacancy/43429/
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1114: Apr 07, 2013 07:23:17 pm
      I believe Carra would make a fine manager but Leeds...it's just too big to start. They're a massive club with a huge fan base for the Championship and he would have to jump in and build a squad with that added bit of pressure.

Maybe an established League 1 side, learn his trade and then inevitably move up.

As for him as a player, he continues to shine. I fell of my seat when i saw him make a surge forward and cross from the byline in attack! He may be 58 years old but he's been terrific lately.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #1115: Apr 07, 2013 07:44:11 pm
      Imagine his team talks, no one would understand a bloody word he's saying. :D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,336 posts | 4962 
      Reply #1116: Apr 07, 2013 08:22:00 pm
      I think it might be a mistake for Carra to jump right in with Leeds although if the opportunity came up I'm sure it would be hard to turn down.
      canon40d
      • Forum John Toshack

• 262 posts |
      Reply #1117: Apr 08, 2013 09:51:36 am
      Perhaps he shouldnt retire best passer yesterday 54 out of 56 passes completed against west ham.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1118: Apr 08, 2013 10:16:20 am
      Carra hasn't finished his coaching badges yet anyway has he?
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #1119: Apr 08, 2013 10:41:13 am
      I think Carra will spend a season in the media doing some punditry whilst he finishes up his coaching badges and drinking in his options for the future and who can blame him, that's what I would do! The lad deserves a break.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1120: Apr 08, 2013 03:42:42 pm
      I think Carra will spend a season in the media doing some punditry whilst he finishes up his coaching badges and drinking in his options for the future and who can blame him, that's what I would do! The lad deserves a break.

And he's actually a pretty good pundit as well!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1121: Apr 19, 2013 11:56:22 am
      Been reading a bit more about Carra's pending retirement.

Brendan has said recently that he's hoping to persuade him to rethink his decision and play for another season and also that Carra was considering retirement last summer.

It's obvious we're going to miss his presence at the Club, as some have said he has the Anfield DNA in his blood and that can't be replaced, no matter who we sign.

What worries me is, have we not identified a suitable replacement or can we not afford a suitable replacement?

Or could it be that Brendan believes either Kelly, Wisdom or both will be his eventual replacement, therefore negating the need to buy another CB?

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #1122: Apr 19, 2013 02:45:27 pm
      Been reading a bit more about Carra's pending retirement.

Brendan has said recently that he's hoping to persuade him to rethink his decision and play for another season and also that Carra was considering retirement last summer.

It's obvious we're going to miss his presence at the Club, as some have said he has the Anfield DNA in his blood and that can't be replaced, no matter who we sign.

What worries me is, have we not identified a suitable replacement or can we not afford a suitable replacement?

Or could it be that Brendan believes either Kelly, Wisdom or both will be his eventual replacement, therefore negating the need to buy another CB?

Indeed Debs, the fact that Jamie's intentions have been known to the manager for so long and he has obviously not been in a position to persue a quality replacement reinforces our misgivings about FSG.
      They, while not having having any insight into the matter, will have been made aware of the impending crisis when the lad does hang up his boots and the serious void that would appear in the defence; if ever a long term solution had to be found there can't have been a more deserving proposition than Jamie retiring.
      FSG's answer: Plead with Jamie for a reprieve in forcing the manager to splash some of the club's cash - for the short term at least.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,336 posts | 4962 
      Reply #1123: Apr 19, 2013 03:19:03 pm
      I think Jamie hs another season in him but I also think he is the type of guy that once he makes it public he wont go back on his words so I don't expect him to change his mind.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #1124: Apr 19, 2013 03:59:26 pm
      I think Jamie hs another season in him but I also think he is the type of guy that once he makes it public he wont go back on his words so I don't expect him to change his mind.
      To be fair he retired from England and went back on that for the World Cup in 2010. I think he's making the right decision to retire at the end of this season, he's been fantastic this season and that's they way to go out, leaving us wanting more, I would hate to see him stick around and him become a shadow of the player he was.

I am worried about how we're going to replace him though, it's a big decision for Brendan come summer.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1125: Apr 20, 2013 12:47:58 pm
      Was getting photo's outside his Café Sports England (the first one) on Thursday with a young football team, Bootle FC I think.

Sad aren't I? :)

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #1126: Apr 20, 2013 01:37:32 pm
      Was getting photo's outside his Café Sports England (the first one) on Thursday with a young football team, Bootle FC I think.

Sad aren't I? :)

Is that Aurelio with Carra & Tom Cruise bottom right?  :D

Quick Reply