Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Too early to jump to conclusions?

Read 2416 times
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 597 posts | 20 
      Too early to jump to conclusions?
      Jul 28, 2013 10:48:34 am
      Our starting lineup for todays game against Thailand has just been revealed...

Mignolet
           Johnson   Toure    Agger   Enrique
                                 Lucas
                         Gerrard  Allen
                Borini      Aspas     Coutinho

Sure thats the 2nd, or maybe even 3rd time this XI has been named. Maybe too early in pre-season to jump to any conclusions but anyone thinking that Rodgers maybe edging towards thinking this is our best XI for the season, obviously Suarez and Sturridge are out of this, thinking that the former will be leaving on a transfer and the former currently injured (probably replace Borini). Maybe someone like Eriksen may come into replace Joe Allen here and play a more advanced role? Maybe if Suarez leaves another striker like Soldado may come in and replace Aspas in this lineup? Also, when we signed Toure I just expected him to be a squad player, just to give a bit of an experienced, helping-hand to our young defenders, and that we would sign Papa as our main CB with Agger, now it looks like Toure may just be the starting CB.

Anyone thinking along the same lines or am I just too hasty jumping to conclusions?

The bench by the way is - Jones, Skrtel, Kelly, Flanagan, Suarez, Spearing, Wisdom, Robinson, Henderson, Alberto, Downing, Sterling, Ibe, Coates, Assaidi, Ward.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Re: Too early to jump to conclusions?
      Reply #1: Jul 28, 2013 11:19:29 am
      Our starting lineup for todays game against Thailand has just been revealed...

Mignolet
           Johnson   Toure    Agger   Enrique
                                 Lucas
                         Gerrard  Allen
                Borini      Aspas     Coutinho

Sure thats the 2nd, or maybe even 3rd time this XI has been named. Maybe too early in pre-season to jump to any conclusions but anyone thinking that Rodgers maybe edging towards thinking this is our best XI for the season, obviously Suarez and Sturridge are out of this, thinking that the former will be leaving on a transfer and the former currently injured (probably replace Borini). Maybe someone like Eriksen may come into replace Joe Allen here and play a more advanced role? Maybe if Suarez leaves another striker like Soldado may come in and replace Aspas in this lineup? Also, when we signed Toure I just expected him to be a squad player, just to give a bit of an experienced, helping-hand to our young defenders, and that we would sign Papa as our main CB with Agger, now it looks like Toure may just be the starting CB.

Anyone thinking along the same lines or am I just too hasty jumping to conclusions?

The bench by the way is - Jones, Skrtel, Kelly, Flanagan, Suarez, Spearing, Wisdom, Robinson, Henderson, Alberto, Downing, Sterling, Ibe, Coates, Assaidi, Ward.
      I'm not sure with your line up that maybe Borini and Aspas would swap places but personally I'd like to see how Borini looks as a right attacking forward because he has,nt been convincing through the middle as of yet.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #2: Jul 28, 2013 11:23:15 am
      I think as of now it's our strongest eleven yes.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #3: Jul 28, 2013 11:28:44 am
      I think as of now it's our strongest eleven yes.
      Yes you could be right but as for the start of the season, based on performances, Allen has been better than Henderson and I'd start Ibe before Borini.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #4: Jul 28, 2013 11:33:30 am
      Yes you could be right but as for the start of the season, based on performances, Allen has been better than Henderson and I'd start Ibe before Borini.

Allen IS different class to Henderson in my opinion. Ibe's time will come, and I don't think he offers more than Borini TBPH. I also think what we are seeing here is an attempt at a slight change in tack from Brendan, as my guess is that Coutinho will often slip inside to a classic number 10 spot when we have the ball. When that happens we'll see Borini asked to make a two up top, leaving the right vacant for Johnson/Gerrard to get into. Allen will then drop in with Lucas to give Gerrard the freedom to go and influence the play in the opposition box.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #5: Jul 28, 2013 11:38:45 am
      Was just thinking this when I seen the line up JD posted in the match thread.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #6: Jul 28, 2013 11:45:02 am
      Obviously Borini is holding the spot for Suarez's replacement (I hope) and other than Allen over Henderson I'd be very happy with that line up come opening day.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #7: Jul 28, 2013 11:50:26 am
      Suarez for Borini, Sturridge for Aspas.

I wouldn't read anything in to that lineup to be perfectly honest.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #8: Jul 28, 2013 12:23:58 pm
      Hopefully not. That midfield thre will get turned over more often than not.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #9: Jul 28, 2013 12:25:56 pm
      Hopefully not. That midfield thre will get turned over more often than not.

Agree. We need to play Stevie as the sitter, out Lucas and find a top class box to box midfielder.

Quick Reply