Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)

Read 407287 times
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)
      Reply #3266: Jan 08, 2018 03:42:54 am
      I dreamt of Liverpool FC winning the league this season. He didn't give a sh*t and submitted a transfer request 3 days before the opening game. I dream of Liverpool winning the CL and the FA Cup. He doesn't give a sh*t and fu**ed off To Barcelona.

I don't give a sh*t about what he dreams of doing in his life as the last player I truly cared for was Torres.

No ill will. It's just that I don't really care about the little rat.

Definitely, he doesn't but that's why its your dream and you care. I dream of running out for LFC next year, no one wants that dream because I'm old and sh*t, but it's my dream. I like watching Coutinho and I hope he does well for Barcelona, same with Suarez they take a bit of us with them. If we meet them though, I hope we flog them and our players go straight through them. I don't think these positions are inconsistent.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,012 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #3267: Jan 08, 2018 03:52:24 am
      I tell you what it's bad enough losing this c**t but if this c**t starts tapping up his "best mate", Bobby Firminio, I'll be ropeable and I'll travel to Spain myself to knock the f**ker out!

Wouldn’t be surprised at all if that happens, either with Bobby or any other player they might be interred in the future, they do that every time.

Remember what they did to Fábregas, cannot believe they always get away with that sh*t.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #3268: Jan 08, 2018 04:20:26 am
      So just in case anybody is wondering about the way we conduct ourselves in transfer business we, who didn't want to keep an unhappy player remember, asked Barca if they'd loan us him back for the remainder of the season.

They said no and we said okay here he is anyway that will be 105 million quid please.

Sound.

Let that sink in.

With my reputation as a FSG-lover, it won't provide any solace in saying that i'm hesitant to believe an article written by a journalist who is essentially there as a marketing tool to paint Phil and his agent in a positive way.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #3269: Jan 08, 2018 06:00:30 am
      With my reputation as a FSG-lover, it won't provide any solace in saying that i'm hesitant to believe an article written by a journalist who is essentially there as a marketing tool to paint Phil and his agent in a positive way.

I'm not sure how us asking to loan him back does Cou and his agent any marketing favours what so ever.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #3270: Jan 08, 2018 06:11:21 am

The c**t looked like he had just broken out of jail. F**k this PR bullshit. F**k off Phil if you had any love or respect for this club you wouldn't have tried to jeopardize our season twice. You wouldn't have left us in the middle of an important season like this you little tw*t.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #3271: Jan 08, 2018 06:57:44 am
      I'm not sure how us asking to loan him back does Cou and his agent any marketing favours what so ever.

Don't see it myself either.

It's an insight into the inability and incompetence of those responsible for running the club.

Complete clusterfuck.
      Kopite78
      Reply #3272: Jan 08, 2018 07:15:33 am
      The daily mail? Classy Kia

Bet the reporter was dressed in steel toe cap boots, skin head.. British bulldog next to him.. basically telling coutinho that he'd been taking Joey Barton and Lee Catermoles jobs and it's a good thing he was f**king off 'home'*

*he won't know

Love the bit where Coutinho is sat 2 foot from the tv pretending to watch the derby just for a photo 🙄
      « Last Edit: Jan 08, 2018 07:26:37 am by Kopite78 »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,217 posts | 4413 
      Reply #3273: Jan 08, 2018 07:46:58 am
      More sh*te spouted from that snake agent of Coutinho.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,844 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3274: Jan 08, 2018 07:54:52 am

Thanks for posting that mate. Reading that I want to punch him in the face even more!!

345 million pound buy out clause. Why didn't we have something like that on him, that those cu*ts couldn't possibly afford?

Also the bit about VVD scoring brought him to his feet, end paragraph, change topic!!!

That article just made me sick.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #3275: Jan 08, 2018 08:59:00 am

I’m not sure why we’d want to loan him back when we refused a sale in August and kept him for six months after he requested a transfer.

We’d just do the same.

We’d keep him now and let him go in the summer.

The cheesy PR pics, the hyperbolic comments in his celebration and praise of his teammates, the chasing of a dream, the appreciation to Liverpool and his “always gave 100%” comment. It’s all bullshit. As it was intended to be.

His agent and his camp invited a journo on a private plane to Barca as he sealed his transfer. Who does that? Everything in that article is said for a reason. It’s calculated.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,482 posts | 3436 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3276: Jan 08, 2018 09:11:00 am
      I’m not sure why we’d want to loan him back when we refused a sale in August and kept him for six months after he requested a transfer.

We’d just do the same.

We’d keep him now and let him go in the summer.

The cheesy PR pics, the hyperbolic comments in his celebration and praise of his teammates, the chasing of a dream, the appreciation to Liverpool and his “always gave 100%” comment. It’s all bullshit. As it was intended to be.

His agent and his camp invited a journo on a private plane to Barca as he sealed his transfer. Who does that? Everything in that article is said for a reason. It’s calculated.

His agent was feeding stories to sky sports etc , look at the bullshit about klopp's tactics etc
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,219 posts | 841 
      Reply #3277: Jan 08, 2018 09:34:40 am
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,012 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #3278: Jan 08, 2018 11:10:22 am
      “I always gave 100%”

What a bunch of crap, you went on strike for a month ffs!
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #3279: Jan 08, 2018 11:14:11 am
      Can someone please explain this business of Phil giving up £15m "of his own money" to make the deal go through?

I've seen that mentioned now in several articles, but none of them clearly state what that means.  Did he give up a loyalty bonus?  is he on lower wages at Barca?  The reports on the transfer say he "dipped into his own pocket," which seems like it's more than just leaving money on the table.  It makes it seem that somehow he took £15m out of his own bank account and gave it to someone.  But to whom?  the club?  did Barca not want to pay all of what we wanted upfront, so Phil chipped in?

If anyone could help explain this to me, it would be greatly appreciated.   xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,400 posts | 6408 
      Reply #3280: Jan 08, 2018 11:14:55 am
      The daily mail? Classy Kia

Bet the reporter was dressed in steel toe cap boots, skin head.. British bulldog next to him.. basically telling coutinho that he'd been taking Joey Barton and Lee Catermoles jobs and it's a good thing he was f**king off 'home'*

*he won't know

Love the bit where Coutinho is sat 2 foot from the tv pretending to watch the derby just for a photo 🙄

An attempt to paint Phil as the patron saint of footie and LFC as the big bad corporation that stood in the way of his dreams.....how touching.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3281: Jan 08, 2018 11:16:01 am
      I tell you what it's bad enough losing this c**t but if this c**t starts tapping up his "best mate", Bobby Firminio, I'll be ropeable and I'll travel to Spain myself to knock the f**ker out!

I don't know, as much as I love Bobby as a player I'd be more than happy to get another £150m for him and then we can get a striker who actually scores goals at a prolific rate.
      « Last Edit: Jan 08, 2018 11:20:16 am by heimdall »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Reply #3282: Jan 08, 2018 11:19:52 am
      I don't know, I'd be more than happy to get another £150m for Firminio then we can get a striker who actually scores goals at a prolific rate.

Ridiculous statement.

Firmino does far more than just score goals his work rate and link up play is exceptional.

He never was and never will be an out and out striker.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,167 posts | 2746 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3283: Jan 08, 2018 11:39:41 am
      Thanks for posting that mate. Reading that I want to punch him in the face even more!!

345 million pound buy out clause. Why didn't we have something like that on him, that those cu*ts couldn't possibly afford?

Also the bit about VVD scoring brought him to his feet, end paragraph, change topic!!!

That article just made me sick.

What surprises me it's too my knowledge he hasn't made any reference to the club or fans at Liverpool thanking them for all they have done in making him a 146 million player from 8/9 million. Bit of a rub down I think.  ???
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3284: Jan 08, 2018 11:43:55 am
      What surprises me it's too my knowledge he hasn't made any reference to the club or fans at Liverpool thanking them for all they have done in making him a 146 million player from 8/9 million. Bit of a rub down I think.  ???

Keith I really hope we get Barca in the CL, even if he isn't playing it would be so sweet to knock them out of it just to see the look on the little pr**k's face.
      Personally I think this is a move that he will come to regret, on his day he is superb, absolutely world class, but he goes missing in far to many games and has stretches of games where he produces next to nothing and that won't be tolerated by Barca fans the same as it was at Liverpool.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3285: Jan 08, 2018 11:44:42 am
      Ridiculous statement.

Firmino does far more than just score goals his work rate and link up play is exceptional.

He never was and never will be an out and out striker.

Ok simple question for you, who would you rather have in the team Suarez or Firminio?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #3286: Jan 08, 2018 11:46:40 am
      Can you imagine the noise IF we had loaned him back and he was injured till Feb........?

:couch:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3287: Jan 08, 2018 11:49:31 am
      I'm willing to forget all the fun and games  and agent tricks and want the lad to do well.

There is sadly no denying he's moving to better things. We have had some fabulous footballers who in their time here have won the best part of F**k all and that makes it hard to begrudge these guys from realising their ambitions at the biggest clubs.

The owners were in a tricky position in thw respect that if we make life too hard for players to leave then these guys (Coutinho, Salah, Suarez and the many more to come) will choose other clubs as a stepping stone to the elite.

As it is at the moment we are a great club to join for this purpose so I'm expecting many more top talents to come and go. If we can keep some together for a few seasons we may break into the top 4 or win a trophy.

I am convinced this is the model, much like Monaco and Dortmund. Keep churning out the quality and sell at the highest price and around and around we go.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3288: Jan 08, 2018 11:56:06 am
      I'm willing to forget all the fun and games  and agent tricks and want the lad to do well.

There is sadly no denying he's moving to better things. We have had some fabulous footballers who in their time here have won the best part of f**k all and that makes it hard to begrudge these guys from realising their ambitions at the biggest clubs.

The owners were in a tricky position in thw respect that if we make life too hard for players to leave then these guys (Coutinho, Salah, Suarez and the many more to come) will choose other clubs as a stepping stone to the elite.

As it is at the moment we are a great club to join for this purpose so I'm expecting many more top talents to come and go. If we can keep some together for a few seasons we may break into the top 4 or win a trophy.

I am convinced this is the model, much like Monaco and Dortmund. Keep churning out the quality and sell at the highest price and around and around we go.

Are we not playing CL this season?? I distinctly remember finishing 4th last season but perhaps I was wrong. 
      Are we a top team at the moment? NO
      Are we growing and getting better and laying the foundation to once again be a top team, YES.

FFS I swear some of you guys need to go and get some anti-depressants, the negativity on here is bordering on the ridiculous now. We have just signed a top top CB who will massively improve our chances of getting top 4 this season and beyond. We have sold a luxury attacking player for an insane amount of money who whilst very good is in no way essential to our ability to score goals, hence the rather inconvenient stat that we actually win more without Couts than we do with him.

Overall we are right now, without another signing this window, a much stronger team.

Quick Reply