Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Liverpool 0-2 West Brom: In-Game and Post Match Grumbling

Read 50861 times
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool vs West Brom
      Reply #552: Feb 11, 2013 09:58:27 pm
      I'm starting to see clearly how all of our latest positivity was pretty much Sturridge-related. He did have a big impact on our play.

Have to say too, Borini did f**k all today. And I can't understand how some of you think Downing was good. All he did was sit on the left, get the ball, jog for 2 seconds in the general direction of the closest defender while someone ran behind him and pass the ball.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5033 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #553: Feb 11, 2013 09:58:29 pm
      How, on the name of F**k did we lose that ?
      I'm just in total disbelief, f***in unbelievable !!
      kenny the king
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,757 posts |
      • at the end of the storm there,s a golden sky
      Reply #554: Feb 11, 2013 09:58:40 pm
      F***ing gutted that was simply sh*te :S
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,938 posts | 285 
      Reply #555: Feb 11, 2013 09:58:50 pm
      Wisdom and Kelly as CB's next season anyone?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #556: Feb 11, 2013 09:58:54 pm
      Agger's been useless along with Skrtel for months now.

There would be outrage if other players like Gerrard and Suarez were sh*te for that long.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #557: Feb 11, 2013 09:58:56 pm
      What.  The.  Feck????  What is this slow, patient build up all the time?  That should have been 3 points, no questions asked.  What a bloody embarrassment.

All those empty seats before the end ....... not a good sign for the boss.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #558: Feb 11, 2013 09:59:01 pm
      So, our major signing couldn't even play tonight, and Coutinho came on for about 10 minutes.

But we had a really successful January window.  Right.

The next person to feed this troll should get a warning.
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #559: Feb 11, 2013 09:59:15 pm
      That was pretty desperate WBA didnt do anymore then they needed tonight not at any stage did we have them pined back our build up was far to pedestrian allowing them to let us have the ball and funnel back to cover......starting 11 should have had enough for them just certain things didnt work Jonjo being one but not all.....Gutted
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      Reply #560: Feb 11, 2013 09:59:35 pm
      Again the manager can't seem to set up a side to break down a team that is well drilled and knows exactly what they are out to do.

Steve Clarke has out thought Brendan twice now.

Yeah, it was blatantly evident at the penalty.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #561: Feb 11, 2013 09:59:49 pm
      Agger's been useless along with Skrtel for months now.

There would be outrage if other players like Gerrard and Suarez were sh*te for that long.

This much is true.

Bleed-LFC
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 200 posts |
      Reply #562: Feb 11, 2013 09:59:51 pm
       :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Glad the crowd booed that was brilliant then fooking sh*t :@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #563: Feb 11, 2013 09:59:52 pm
      We have serious defencive  issues , the way Lukaku ran at them they couldn't handle him .

It's not about Lukaku running at players when we're franticly chasing the game and sending everyone forward in the last couple of minutes it's about putting your chances away when they come and it's about maintaining focus and concentration in the later stages of the game and ensuring you at least get a point when you really deserve the win.

Very disapointing and completely flies in the face of an excellent performance against City last week. I wasn't a fan of the starting line-up myself but then it's hard to legislate for missing a peno so late in the game and it certainly gave them a lift the moment Foster saved it.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #564: Feb 11, 2013 09:59:52 pm
      Same old story , the Blueshite drop points and we get a chance to close the gap . What do we do , F**k it up.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #565: Feb 11, 2013 09:59:55 pm
      Looks like we actually needed a Lukaku type big bully striker instead of a Borrini. We can have all the possession in the world but when it comes to attacking their goal we ran round like headless chickens. The attacking coach should be sacked this very moment and bring Rush or Aldridge or even Fowler in to privide some useful and effective advice advice.

Talking about Agger, he has been ball watching all season.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #566: Feb 11, 2013 10:00:22 pm
      No worries you're happy with how we set up, I see it differently. It was clear at half-time that changes needed to be made, in fact it was clear even earlier and those changes didn't come, defend the manager all you like I'll continue to point out clear mistakes. He gets the credit with a win as much as he gets the responsibility when we lose, we looked completely toothless apart from Suarez and Stevie.

Classic smash and grab tactics and we fell hook line and sinker for them, that's the truth.

Well summed up.

It hurts to lose this way.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #567: Feb 11, 2013 10:00:27 pm
      Wish Clarke would have stayed on, could have used his defensive prowess.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,986 posts | 3061 
      Reply #568: Feb 11, 2013 10:00:34 pm
      Luke isn't looking to blame the boss by what he is saying

He is using a saying essentially

What he is saying is Clarke set west brom up knowing how we would play, attempting to stifle us and hit on the break.
      We have been flat all night, we may have had chances but nothing clear. We couldn't break them down, they hit us with a set peice then on the break.
      In that sense he "out thought" Rodgers.
      We tried to impose ourselves on them, they let us with the idea of staying in the game.

We were rubbish tonight really.. Another one of those nights where we don't get an early goal and fail to really get going. That's what you get with average sides.
      Teams around 6th - 9th do this.. Look good some  days, look flat and poor on others.

It's fair watching that 90 minutes that Clarke got the better of Rodgers. That's not slagging him off, that's football

Is right - don't really see how that can be debated. We lost 0-2 against a team who set out to do exactly what they did.

Not a pop at BR - just a statement of fact.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #569: Feb 11, 2013 10:01:05 pm
      Luke isn't looking to blame the boss by what he is saying

He is using a saying essentially

What he is saying is Clarke set west brom up knowing how we would play, attempting to stifle us and hit on the break.
      We have been flat all night, we may have had chances but nothing clear. We couldn't break them down, they hit us with a set peice then on the break.
      In that sense he "out thought" Rodgers.
      We tried to impose ourselves on them, they let us with the idea of staying in the game.

We were rubbish tonight really.. Another one of those nights where we don't get an early goal and fail to really get going. That's what you get with average sides.
      Teams around 6th - 9th do this.. Look good some  days, look flat and poor on others.

It's fair watching that 90 minutes that Clarke got the better of Rodgers. That's not slagging him off, that's football

Sorry but I don't agree and don't see it that way.

Albion got lucky as did Clarke with his tactics. If Agger doesn't have his head up his rectum there's no goal there and there's a good chance that maybe we finally put one in. I mean the law of averages was in our favor at that point.

I have no problem with people blaming Rodgers if he's at fault for something but I just don't see what he was suppose to do differently tonight. We needed 3 points, we needed to attack and he brought on three offensive players in the second half.

Stevie missed a penalty. Whether or not it should have been given is beside the point...he missed a pen.

That's why I'm in disbelief, there is no way we should have lost this game. There have been games this season where I was not surprised we lost, I watched this one cover to cover and can't believe it.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #570: Feb 11, 2013 10:01:08 pm
      So, our major signing couldn't even play tonight, and Coutinho came on for about 10 minutes.

But we had a really successful January window.  Right.

Oh F**k off you c**t, so we blame someone for Sturridge getting F***ing injured and Coutinho adapting to a new country?

How the F**k are you not banned yet? tw*t.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,556 posts | 246 
      Reply #571: Feb 11, 2013 10:01:23 pm
      I am just completely baffled. We dominated this game for the better part of 75 minutes and soft defense causes us to lose the initiative. We don't have enough world class players to be able to weather 3 or 4 of our good players having horrible games and that's definitely part of what happened tonight.

I am in utter disbelief at what just happened.

so what of the albion ? worse than us and win with worse players must be tactics,
      but saying that who's tactics are ride your luck for 80 mins & grab a couple on the break, should be top of the league with them tactics !!!!!!
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #572: Feb 11, 2013 10:01:29 pm
      Spineless performance, both fullbacks where awfull,agger had a nightmare. Borini....enough said.

Downing was the only one who turned up.

Fed up
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #573: Feb 11, 2013 10:01:40 pm
      Borini is sh*te, simple as.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      Reply #574: Feb 11, 2013 10:01:46 pm
      I still wonder how did the Skrtel-Agger partnership went from one of the best in the league to proper sh*te. I had so much confidence on them some years ago.

Quick Reply