Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Zenit 2-0 Liverpool: In Game and Post Match Debate

Read 32752 times
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Re: Zenit 2-0 Liverpool: In Game and Post Match Debate
      Reply #391: Feb 14, 2013 07:26:18 pm
      I've a ticket for next week's return leg up for grabs.  I'm not losing a days pay to watch this shower.  Sad I know but how I feel at the moment.  I'll offer it to a lad at work first and if he can't go I'll put it in the relevant section on this forum.

The sad thing is no one would blame you. 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,349 posts | 6394 
      Reply #392: Feb 14, 2013 07:26:20 pm
      One thing that I've quickly tired of is the phrase "We should have won".

This is really the most empty cliche ever banded about.

You either win or you don't, and unless there is some extraordinary circumstance that is out of everyone's control (beach ball anyone?) you get what you deserve. So we had 4 chances that should have been goals....well "should have" doesn't pay the bills. Zenit took their chances and converted, we didn't, simple as and we lost because we deserved to lose.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #393: Feb 14, 2013 07:26:32 pm
      Bottom line is we were undone by some sloppy defending, a total screamer and Luis missing a hatful of chances he'd have buried on another day. I don't see what more Rodgers could have done to be honest, starting Borini would've had little effect as he's still working his way back and also gets knocked off the ball as easily as Sterling does at times but I would've liked to have seen him come on for the last 20-30 minutes.

As for blaming all and sundry for this such as FSG etc, I thought I'd come on here to escape the Twitter meltdown of 'Rodgers, FSG and Allen out' madness being posted but its just as depressing.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #394: Feb 14, 2013 07:27:26 pm
      I'd be quietly confident of turning this around

It just doesn't feel like its there does it? The heart and ability to turn it round just doesn't seem to be there like it always has to me.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,297 posts | 2842 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #395: Feb 14, 2013 07:27:52 pm
      My point there FL is managers will often speak polar opposites of what happenned ( ala Shanks) or not give the full truth of there feelings
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,280 posts | 4938 
      Reply #396: Feb 14, 2013 07:28:43 pm

It just doesn't feel like its there does it? The heart and ability to turn it round just doesn't seem to be there like it always has to me.

Agree.

I'm an eternal optimist, went for a win in every game in the prediciton league, but cannot see us doing enough next week to go through.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,297 posts | 2842 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #397: Feb 14, 2013 07:29:22 pm

Less then 2 weeks ago we had a performance at man city that proves its in there and more often then not its the bigger games where we see it, next week is now quite possibilyt his teams biggest game of the season, we will see a response I have no doubt
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #398: Feb 14, 2013 07:33:02 pm
      sh*t

How Sterling got 77 minutes is beyond me. He was completely lacking in game intelligence tonight.
      pragnorok
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #399: Feb 14, 2013 07:33:24 pm
      Im still positive I really believe we can get at least a Top 10 finish in the Premier League this season. I think that is a major achievement. After all we are only a small club with a big history and no money.

And yes Im trolling btw
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,791 posts | 6743 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #400: Feb 14, 2013 07:36:20 pm
      I watched the match for 3 minutes, they score a wonder goal, turn it off and travel to work and find out we lost 2-0. F***ing gutted again.

We have to pull something out of the bag at Anfield or this season is going to be a bigger disaster than what we thought it would be.

:f_wah:
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1509 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #401: Feb 14, 2013 07:37:06 pm
      Saw the first half, I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say Suarez should have had three. I missed the second, what was it, poor defending, again and one great strike?

Could someone post the goals, or something?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,280 posts | 4938 
      Reply #402: Feb 14, 2013 07:38:17 pm
      Saw the first half, I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say Suarez should have had three. I missed the second, what was it, poor defending, again and one great strike?

Could someone post the goals, or something?

A great strike from Hulk after which we crumbled as usual mate.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,349 posts | 6394 
      Reply #403: Feb 14, 2013 07:42:09 pm
      My point there FL is managers will often speak polar opposites of what happenned ( ala Shanks) or not give the full truth of there feelings

I hear ya, I just don't want to hear about a "near perfect" anything when I watched it with my own eyes and we lost 2-0 you know?
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #404: Feb 14, 2013 07:43:00 pm
       The game was far to open, we were playing away in a two legged tie, we should of been trying to kill the game and take it back to Anfield at 0 - 0.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,923 posts | 965 
      Reply #405: Feb 14, 2013 07:44:21 pm
      It's sad to see many posters who called for the manager to be given time at the beginning of the season now saying that he is not right for the club or that we are going the wrong direction.  The fact is that we have had 4 managers in 4 years, and a pretty sizeable turnover in playing personnel as well.  If you never wanted BR in the first place, fair enough.  However, right now he is the man in charge and he needs time, money, and the support of the fans to turn his vision into a reality.  We have not progressed since last season, but was anyone really under the illusion that we would challenge for honors this term?  I know we all hoped we would, but would anyone have gone and bet money on it at the end of August ???

We are in transition.  We need stability.  The owners picking a young manager with a positive footballing philosophy represents a long term view to building success.  Our transfer policy of buying young players with talent and potential in order to build a winning team also represents a long term view to success.  Nobody at the club has tried to create the illusion that we would have instant success.  So why are we kicking and screaming that we aren't winning anything this season ??? 
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1509 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #406: Feb 14, 2013 07:45:25 pm
      A great strike from Hulk after which we crumbled as usual mate.

Crumbled? Again?

Sh!t that's not good news >:(
      Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #407: Feb 14, 2013 07:46:17 pm
      ;D
      Sorry to hear about your brothers , i hope things start to improve. I have a spare kidney to sell if a season ticket is going though

Only one brother is going through a tough time thanks, and neither needs  a kidney, thank God, but plenty do, so can I suggest you get yourself a donor card. Believe me it will make you feel a whole lot better th an this team do at the minute.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,280 posts | 4938 
      Reply #408: Feb 14, 2013 07:47:06 pm
      Nobody at the club has tried to create the illusion that we would have instant success.

But plenty from within the club have tried to create the illusion we are not capable of competing.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,349 posts | 6394 
      Reply #409: Feb 14, 2013 07:47:53 pm
      But plenty from within the club have tried to create the illusion we are not capable of competing.

Or is that the illusion that we ARE capable of competing? :(
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #410: Feb 14, 2013 07:49:24 pm
      Well it's been an awful week.

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #411: Feb 14, 2013 07:49:32 pm

Standing by for the AC/Carling Cup/FA Cup quotes to come flying in......... :couch:

On a serious note I think Kenny just plain overachieved with this group last season.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,280 posts | 4938 
      Reply #412: Feb 14, 2013 07:50:41 pm

No you read right the first time mate.

I'm sick and tired of the apparent attitude from many within the club and also supporters who think we have to just sit back and accept the bullshit that they come out with.

I'm not calling for the manager to be sacked but I'll stress again, as I've done it countless times this season, we are not as poor a team as we appear to be looking at where we are now and I'm fed up being told we have to wait 2-3 years before we can compete which is bullshit.

Standing by for the AC/Carling Cup/FA Cup quotes to come flying in......... :couch:

On a serious note I think Kenny just plain overachieved with this group last season.

He done his job then as that is what we should expect from a manager not someone who is willing to accept the mediocrity we have been faced with all season long give or take a few games.
      « Last Edit: Feb 14, 2013 08:02:22 pm by srslfc »
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,653 posts | 3921 
      Reply #413: Feb 14, 2013 07:51:05 pm
      So painfull, we're in trouble guys.

Quick Reply