Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Reading 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Conundrum

Read 29171 times
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Re: LIVE: Reading v Liverpool
      Reply #391: Apr 13, 2013 04:56:53 pm
      To be honest, I'm wondering if having Andy back on the bench isn't a bad idea after all.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #392: Apr 13, 2013 04:58:15 pm
      I can't quite believe that people are complaining about that. Any other keeper on any other day and we would've won 7 or 8 nil. Stop being so f**king negative about something that was out of our hands today with a goalkeeping display that we're never likely to witness again.

Eh? The thing is we are not going to get that many chances if we had played against better teams and we didn't take ours today.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #393: Apr 13, 2013 04:58:32 pm
      Best performance from an opposition GK Ive seen in years, Gerrard and Suarez were shocking today especially Gerrard.

When both are not on their game we struggle big time.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #394: Apr 13, 2013 04:58:37 pm
      Way to pick out one thing.

You need to go get some quiet time. Your constant picking at Sturridge is getting old. He had a good game today. As good or better than Luis. Don't hear you giving Luis a hard time...or Gerrard.

You should listen more then

Our decision making on he counter is disgraceful from the lot. Gerrard, Suarez, Sturridge, Downing, Hendo all been culpable today. Only one I have faith in is Coutinho.

There were also comments that Gerrards decision making was awful and Suarez seems to have run out of steam of late in the middle of my Sturridge rants.

The clear difference between the 3 of course is that Suarez and Gerrard are proven performers, whereas Sturridge is a rough semi precious stone.
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #395: Apr 13, 2013 04:58:59 pm
      Can't help thinking this really hits home we need a Carroll/Carroll-type striker, who will bully players and push them back. When we were going forward and playing it into Suarez/Sturridge/Coutinho's feet/to run into space we were too predictable, with a target man we could use him to bully their center-halves. I know this has been said already in other places, but it was so obvious today, and I only watched half an hour towards the end!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #396: Apr 13, 2013 04:59:16 pm
      To be honest, I'm wondering if having Andy back on the bench isn't a bad idea after all.

Much rather have someone on the bench that could provide a scoring threat.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #397: Apr 13, 2013 05:00:55 pm
      Much rather have someone on the bench that could provide a scoring threat.

Which Carroll does.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #398: Apr 13, 2013 05:01:02 pm
      Cue all the usual 'keeper has the game of his life' F***ing bullshit. How about sticking the ball in the net and not giving him the chance? Any old excuses to mask the fact we are F***ing average.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #399: Apr 13, 2013 05:01:34 pm
      At least we move into the box intelligently but we haven't got our shooting boots on because we simply never have any shooting practice. Time to get the attacking coaches to earn their wages to put in some serious shooting practice for the forward line.

Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #400: Apr 13, 2013 05:01:39 pm
      I hope BR sell that piece of sh*t.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #401: Apr 13, 2013 05:02:08 pm
      Mixture of poor finishing and world class goalkeeping - 44 years man and boy and I've not seen anything quite like that before.

Dunno mate, I saw that episode today a few times last season.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #402: Apr 13, 2013 05:02:08 pm
      So the key to beating their keeper today was to be more urgent? Damn, why didn't Brendan think of that.

I'd like to know why he wasn't on his feet bollocking some of he pieces of the play I witnessed today. The flicks of Gerrard, the wastefulness of Suarez, the poor game awareness of Sturridge.

Of that team only Coutinho, Agger, Carra and Reina displayed any signs of class today.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #403: Apr 13, 2013 05:02:14 pm
      Eh? The thing is we are not going to get that many chances if we had played against better teams and we didn't take ours today.

I'm talking specifically about today's performance, which people are complaining about. We couldn't have done anything more. Sometimes in football, no matter what you do, fate and luck is so far against you that you can't do anything apart from accept it. Let's move on to the next game.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #404: Apr 13, 2013 05:02:39 pm
      I don't get it.today is really one of those days. That reading keeper holding on to Luis' shot was unbelievable. That was surreal. Last season, a similar game would have been deemed as unlucky. I don't understand why the same set of people stop themselves from saying that.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #405: Apr 13, 2013 05:02:49 pm

The clear difference between the 3 of course is that Suarez and Gerrard are proven performers, whereas Sturridge is a rough semi precious stone.

I still have believe in Sturridge, perhaps we need to work on his psychology a bit.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #406: Apr 13, 2013 05:03:00 pm

No need to call a current LFC player a piece of sh*t.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #407: Apr 13, 2013 05:03:17 pm

Calling our player a 'piece of sh*t'. Ah we really do have the best supporters in the world don't we?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #408: Apr 13, 2013 05:03:25 pm
      Played some fantastic football on times, but a mixture of sloppy finishing and freakish goalkeeping conspired to keep us at bay today. 

It was frustrating, but now that the dust has settled, the impression that comes through is that all in all we were just plain unlucky - and up against the giant McCarthy.

The important thing is that we learn from today, and I think we will.

For those that think BR is to blame, he played an exciting attacking formation today, and we had lots of shots at goal. It's not like he can run on the pitch and score himself - and the important factor, is who is to say 'anyone' would have scored today against McCarthy.

Can't remember the last time I watched a game of football against the lesser teams, and came away knowing undoubtedly what their goalkeeper's name was.

McCarthy.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #409: Apr 13, 2013 05:03:26 pm

Yea 4 goals last year right? Teams were terrified of him.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #410: Apr 13, 2013 05:04:11 pm
      Yea 4 goals last year right? Teams were terrified of him.

You dont know football,stick to NFL.
      scouse_jatt
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 349 posts | 14 
      Reply #411: Apr 13, 2013 05:04:31 pm
      Cue all the usual 'keeper has the game of his life' F***ing bullshit. How about sticking the ball in the net and not giving him the chance? Any old excuses to mask the fact we are F***ing average.

Exactly, don't get me wrong he was brilliant today but we took every single shot at the f**ker, how about placing the ball either side of him? We missed about 30 F***ing chances today, never seen such a frustrating Liverpool game in my F***ing life, so pissed off.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #412: Apr 13, 2013 05:04:50 pm
      May be because he's not good enough? Come Manuel Pellegrini......
      Whopper
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #413: Apr 13, 2013 05:05:12 pm
      No need to call a current LFC player a piece of sh*t.
      No need to take a dig on current LFC manager.

Quick Reply