Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Reading 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Conundrum

Read 29168 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: LIVE: Reading v Liverpool
      Reply #414: Apr 13, 2013 05:05:14 pm
      I still have believe in Sturridge, perhaps we need to work on his psychology a bit.

Watching Sturridge of late I get the feeling I had watching Sterling towards the end of his run in the team. We'd be better off with someone else starting. I think he is a player who relies on runs of form and when he goes on a run of bad form you can write him off until he finally buries one.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #415: Apr 13, 2013 05:05:55 pm
      I'd like to know why he wasn't on his feet bollocking some of he pieces of the play I witnessed today. The flicks of Gerrard, the wastefulness of Suarez, the poor game awareness of Sturridge.

Of that team only Coutinho, Agger, Carra and Reina displayed any signs of class today.

So you watched Brendan's reaction for the entire game? I only saw him shown a few times.

Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #416: Apr 13, 2013 05:05:57 pm
       The 'greatest performance by an opposition keeper' line is the biggest load of sh*t I've ever heard, not hard to look a class act when half the shots are straight at you, pulled out some good saves yes, but most of them were very close to the body. Same issue as last year, it's just crap finishing.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #417: Apr 13, 2013 05:06:48 pm
      Piss F***ing poor.

I'd line them up and stone them for that effort. Disgraceful lack of respect for the chances they had. Horrendous.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #418: Apr 13, 2013 05:07:05 pm
      We're lying to ourselves if we think we don't need a quality striker.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #419: Apr 13, 2013 05:07:08 pm
      You dont know football,stick to NFL.

Wow, great comeback that, see you are resorting back to your Xenophobic ways. Class act you are!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #420: Apr 13, 2013 05:07:09 pm
      Gerrard and Suarez were shocking today especially Gerrard.
      Wrong wrong wrong.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #421: Apr 13, 2013 05:07:33 pm
      The 'greatest performance by an opposition keeper' line is the biggest load of sh*t I've ever heard, not hard to look a class act when half the shots are straight at you, pulled out some good saves yes, but most of them were very close to the body. Same issue as last year, it's just crap finishing.
      not really, strikers are encourged to hit the target and not to find top corners
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #422: Apr 13, 2013 05:08:04 pm
      Cue all the usual 'keeper has the game of his life' F***ing bullshit. How about sticking the ball in the net and not giving him the chance? Any old excuses to mask the fact we are F***ing average.
      Keeper had the game of his life.

Because he did.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #423: Apr 13, 2013 05:09:04 pm
      So you watched Brendan's reaction for the entire game? I only saw him shown a few times.

And if you watch soccer for long enough you'll realise the second the manager gets animated he'll be on your screen. The second sentence answers your first. Clear as day he did not bollock anybody from his technical area. We needed to pick up the intensity far earlier than we did. In the last 5 we created more than the previous 40 of that second half.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #424: Apr 13, 2013 05:09:32 pm
      Dunno mate, I saw that episode today a few times last season.
      Not like today Danny, he was unbeatable.

Did you see the power and swerve of Suarez' shot, outside of his foot? He shouldn't have even seen it, let along gotten two hands to it and palmed it away

Have to take my hat off to the young man - that was inspired.
      gerrard8pool
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts |
      Reply #425: Apr 13, 2013 05:10:29 pm
      All credit to McCarthy, he was amazing in goal today, our finishing could have been better and we hit several shots straight at him, but he also played a blinder. My biggest issue is bar the last 10 minutes me never truly dominated the game, and created clear cut chances.

Why? Our passing. Passes being misplaced left and right, not to mention many players dawdling on the ball and turning it over. The constant giveaways made it difficult for us to get any real sort of rhythm going. If there was any team in the league where we should have been able to dominate possession it was this one. Instead we were giving the ball away and hoofing it hopefully up the channels. Our possession style seems to of all but vanished and we only look dangerous on the counter.

Anyone else think it looks like we've largely abandoned our possession game?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #426: Apr 13, 2013 05:11:42 pm
      Nearly there.

It was world class goalkeeping and sloppy finishing
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #427: Apr 13, 2013 05:11:54 pm
      Keeper had the game of his life.

Because he did.
      Should still have won.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #428: Apr 13, 2013 05:12:18 pm
      So last week was the defensive performance of the season by West Ham and this week it's the goalkeeper performance of the season by Readings keeper. By that logic Rent boy will score a hatrick against us next week!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #429: Apr 13, 2013 05:12:27 pm
      We're lying to ourselves if we think we don't need a quality striker.
      Who is saying we don't need a quality striker? Nobody

We're just saying Andy Carroll is not that world class striker
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #430: Apr 13, 2013 05:12:34 pm
      Piss F***ing poor.

I'd line them up and stone them for that effort. Disgraceful lack of respect for the chances they had. Horrendous.

The lack of respect and professionalism is the worst part. You'd think we'd won the league the way certain players were strolling about, and trying to finish their chances.

I thought last sesason was a wake up call for our players but maybe not. We have plenty of talent in the squad but if you do not apply yourself then sh*t players like those of Everton can finish above you.

We suffer from a lack of hunger and desire to smash sh*t sides, instead we'd rather flick the ball about and dink chances in.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #431: Apr 13, 2013 05:12:35 pm
      And if you watch soccer for long enough you'll realise the second the manager gets animated he'll be on your screen. The second sentence answers your first. Clear as day he did not bollock anybody from his technical area. We needed to pick up the intensity far earlier than we did. In the last 5 we created more than the previous 40 of that second half.

Eh, whatever you say, hardly ever saw Rafa or Kenny do that sort if thing either. Most professional athletes don't respond to public dressing downs anyway, if they don't have the pride and fight to play hard, not much the manager can do aside from bench them. I thought we were going to score right up to the end but it just wasn't our day. If you want to blame Sturridge or Brendan or whoever that's cool, I just don't think there is much more we could have done, should have had at least 3 goals if not for the game of his life from the keeper.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #432: Apr 13, 2013 05:13:04 pm
      Explain how my statement was wrong?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #433: Apr 13, 2013 05:13:13 pm
      Not arguing about that fact
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #434: Apr 13, 2013 05:13:48 pm
      Same old stuff really, I get the feeling that a lot of the players are fu**ed now mentally and physically, and some of them know that there's now nothing to play for.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #435: Apr 13, 2013 05:14:35 pm
      It we were Utd one of those shots would have went in!
      Soul destroying stuff that from their keeper. Hard luck lads, good effort.
      Bier
      Reply #436: Apr 13, 2013 05:14:38 pm

Anyone else think it looks like we've largely abandoned our possession game?

Yeah, very little left of what was attempted earlier in this season. Now it's just the same as last season really, just with some added players in Coutinho and Sturridge. Which does add more threat in our attack ofcourse. But our build up play is the same as it was, mixed passing.

Quick Reply