Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

Reading 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Conundrum

Read 28911 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,527 posts | 1516 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: LIVE: Reading v Liverpool
      Reply #437: Apr 13, 2013 05:14:58 pm
      Explain how my statement was wrong?
      I thought it was pretty obvious why you saying Gerrard and Suarez were very poor today, was wrong. 
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #438: Apr 13, 2013 05:15:24 pm
      Same old stuff really, I get the feeling that a lot of the players are fu**ed now mentally and physically, and some of them know that there's now nothing to play for.

There was Europeon football to play for before West Ham last week. Should have been motivation enough. Now there's nout.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,796 posts | 575 
      Reply #439: Apr 13, 2013 05:15:38 pm
      Can anyone remember a Saturday night looking forward to Match of the Day?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #440: Apr 13, 2013 05:17:55 pm
      It we were Utd one of those shots would have went in!
      Soul destroying stuff that from their keeper. Hard luck lads, good effort.

But we're not and we need to start making our own luck like the top sides do!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #441: Apr 13, 2013 05:19:03 pm
      Eh, whatever you say, hardly ever saw Rafa or Kenny do that sort if thing either. Most professional athletes don't respond to public dressing downs anyway, if they don't have the pride and fight to play hard, not much the manager can do aside from bench them. I thought we were going to score right up to the end but it just wasn't our day. If you want to blame Sturridge or Brendan or whoever that's cool, I just don't think there is much more we could have done, should have had at least 3 goals if not for the game of his life from the keeper.

You are talking sh*t mate. I said I'd like to have seen Brendan be more animated on the sideline. I haven't blamed the defeat on anybody, certainly not the manager.

Your defence of Brendan is admirable, but you are talking to a fellow supporter of the man, but a man who is not exempt from criticism.

Now of course we hammered Reading. Reading are made up of Championship players and work on an extremely tight budget. We have world class players on a rather  large budget. Reading have lost their previous 8 games and lost them in fine style.

They are for the drop and will finish 20th make no mistake. This was the easiest 3 points that never was that I can remember in a long time.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #442: Apr 13, 2013 05:19:09 pm
      We were sh*t up front and their keeper McCarthy was on top of his game. We could have even lost the game if it wasn't for Reina, who didn't have a lot to do, but when called upon he was there, my M.O.T.M.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #443: Apr 13, 2013 05:19:21 pm
      I thought it was pretty obvious why you saying Gerrard and Suarez were very poor today, was wrong. 
      So you're telling me Gerrard had a decent game? We must of being watching a different game, He was shocking, looked tired, sloppy passing and didnt look half arsed from what i seen.

Suarez wasn't in the game as much as he should of been, hardly looked for the ball like he usually does.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #444: Apr 13, 2013 05:21:49 pm
      Came in with the wrong attitude. Thought we could walk over Reading without any effort. Everyone could have given an extra 10% out there
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #445: Apr 13, 2013 05:23:32 pm
      We'll probably beat the Chavs next week since there's nothing to play for.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,527 posts | 1516 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #446: Apr 13, 2013 05:24:51 pm
      So you're telling me Gerrard had a decent game? We must of being watching a different game, He was shocking, looked tired, sloppy passing and didnt look half arsed from what i seen.

Suarez wasn't in the game as much as he should of been, hardly looked for the ball like he usually does.
      Yes he had a decent game, as did Suarez.

This is my opinion, it differs from yours - that happens now and again on forums
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #447: Apr 13, 2013 05:25:48 pm
      Came in with the wrong attitude. Thought we could walk over Reading without any effort. Everyone could have given an extra 10% out there
      Effort? We did enough to win five games. It's just our finishing was terrible.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #448: Apr 13, 2013 05:25:57 pm
      My opinion of Gerrard and Suarez is that both were poor. Especially Gerrard who looked leg weary and seemed to run out of ideas by the end.
      gerrard8pool
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts |
      Reply #449: Apr 13, 2013 05:27:01 pm
      Yeah, very little left of what was attempted earlier in this season. Now it's just the same as last season really, just with some added players in Coutinho and Sturridge. Which does add more threat in our attack ofcourse. But our build up play is the same as it was, mixed passing.

That's the worrying part for me. I'm willing to give Brendan time if he's trying to instill a new style of play, but he doesn't seem to be, at least not anymore. Maybe he was trying to sacrifice style for the sake of points, but lately it's not been working. If we were going to write-off this season (as we might as well have done given no cup runs and no Europe as is) for the sake of the future then Brendan should have stuck to his guns and given us an extra season of experience playing a new style. Now I don't see us as really improved from last year but for individual play. Team play is no different at all.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #450: Apr 13, 2013 05:28:13 pm
      Effort? We did enough to win five games. It's just our finishing was terrible.

It takes very little effort for a team of better players to cut open a team of inferior players if they are poorly set up (which Reading are.) I was too easy for us and we couldn't get ourselves out of the slumber and pick our intensity up.

Perhaps it is because we have nothing to play for but you had to hope pride and professionalism would kick in.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #451: Apr 13, 2013 05:31:38 pm
      Yes he had a decent game, as did Suarez.

This is my opinion, it differs from yours - that happens now and again on forums
      And you're entitled to your opinion, its the fact i got a triple "wrong" on my opinion like i was lying or something.

My opinion of Gerrard and Suarez is that both were poor. Especially Gerrard who looked leg weary and seemed to run out of ideas by the end.
      So you obviously watched the same game as me, I'm convinced half of the people on here based our performance from listening to it on the radio.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #452: Apr 13, 2013 05:37:07 pm
      That's the worrying part for me. I'm willing to give Brendan time if he's trying to instill a new style of play, but he doesn't seem to be, at least not anymore. Maybe he was trying to sacrifice style for the sake of points, but lately it's not been working.
      If we were going to write-off this season (as we might as well have done given no cup runs and no Europe as is) for the sake of the future then Brendan should have stuck to his guns and given us an extra season of experience playing a new style.

Now I don't see us as really improved from last year but for individual play.

Team play is no different at all.

Sh*te Sh*te Sh*te.
      Same last year .....  same next year .

If you keep on doing the things you are doing you are going to keep getting the results you are getting.

FFS  Get in an experienced manager.
      Its not working.
      Hand your car keys in Brendan and go manage a Championship club.

I might as well sleepwalk for the next two f**king years. Same old sh*te and same old bullshit.

I don't accept this crap for Liverpool FC my beloved club.

Rogers can f**k off.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #453: Apr 13, 2013 05:37:20 pm
      And you're entitled to your opinion, its the fact i got a triple "wrong" on my opinion like i was lying or something.
      So you obviously watched the same game as me, I'm convinced half of the people on here based our performance from listening to it on the radio.

Yep whereas I'm in a position of power having watched it on a grainy, laggy internet stream ;)
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #454: Apr 13, 2013 05:39:35 pm
      I hope BR sell that piece of sh*t.

You really are something else. Conduct yourself with a bit of dignity please.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #455: Apr 13, 2013 05:46:56 pm
      More disappointed to see some classless comments from posters I regard in high esteem than the result now.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #456: Apr 13, 2013 05:47:59 pm

How can you still get +177 for saying this kind of thing in this forum?
      You must be a good friend of one of the staffs here.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #457: Apr 13, 2013 05:48:24 pm
      Rodgers has my 100% backing.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #458: Apr 13, 2013 05:49:56 pm

Really classy. Well done.
      Bier
      Reply #459: Apr 13, 2013 05:50:26 pm
      That's the worrying part for me. I'm willing to give Brendan time if he's trying to instill a new style of play, but he doesn't seem to be, at least not anymore. Maybe he was trying to sacrifice style for the sake of points, but lately it's not been working. If we were going to write-off this season (as we might as well have done given no cup runs and no Europe as is) for the sake of the future then Brendan should have stuck to his guns and given us an extra season of experience playing a new style. Now I don't see us as really improved from last year but for individual play. Team play is no different at all.

I think he kind of gave up on trying to force that style of play onto the team this season. Perhaps realising some players aren't capable of it. Reina, Enrique, Skrtel, even Gerrard, they all looked quite awkward at the start of the season. And if you look at our team now, Gerrard playing deeper, utilising his long range passing which is one of his strengths. Carragher has made our defense more solid, but lacks the passing skills. Maybe next season with a new ball playing defender, and another attacking midfielder he'll give it another go. If not, then that's worrying for me too.

Quick Reply