Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Okay then... your thoughts?

Disgrace to the club. Should never play for us again.
      (6.5%)
      A flawed character. Club should punish him with heavy suspension but reiterate support.
      (65%)
      What's the problem?
      (28.5%)

What do you do with Suarez? Once bitten, twice shy.. (Now banned for 10 games)

Read 52231 times
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Re: What do you do with Suarez? Once bitten, twice shy.. (Now banned for 10 games)
      Reply #46: Apr 21, 2013 07:31:51 pm
      Pardon the baseball pun but in the eyes of the FA he has two strikes now. While a ban/apology will probably be the end of this (and perhaps that is good enough) I would have to think he is on shaky ground with the FA and one more little mishap I doubt he will be allowed to play in England anymore.

If that happens doubtful the buyout clause will mean sh*te as we will have no choice but to let him go.

He put the club and himself in a tough spot and no matter what happens he did it to himself.

What..?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Re: What do you do with Suarez? Once bitten, twice shy.. (Now banned for 10 games)
      Reply #47: Apr 21, 2013 07:32:05 pm
      Wouldn't laugh too much lads because I can F***ing bet the powers that be don't think its funny.

Huyt - I accept he's a loon but don't think I'm crying like a bi*ch when I say he's a pr**k for what he done today because that wasn't on.

It was tricky answering my 9 year old nephew who has already got behavioural problems when he asked why he did what he did as he sat there in his Suarez 7 shirt watching the game with me.

Don't think we should get rid but I've got to say that I'd understand if they thought about it at least.

Wouldn't be such a matter for us to brush off if that was a game of greater importance and he got sent off for it and banned for the rest of the season. I've got no doubt that he still would have done it.

Felt for Rodgers in the post match presser and thought he done well. Was put in a very difficult position.

Also noticed Rafa giving it the Wenger's in his presser.

Love our Luis I really do but he was a F***ing idiot today.

As much as I'm all for the 'F**k the Press' attitude they'll get their teeth ( :) ) right into this so that PR machine that was so craved last Summer needs to get going quick.

Yeah Cantona done mad sh*t and yeah Defoe bit someone but I'm not arsed about them. No need for Luis to put his manager, himself and more importantly the name of the club in this position.

Annoying!

I know what you're saying, the club do need to have a serious sit-down chat with him and make it clear what he did isn't acceptable.

Just pissed me off listening to Souness' comments on the way home, especially when you take into fact he broke someone's jaw playing for us and what he did when he was manager.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #48: Apr 21, 2013 07:36:40 pm
      I'd like about as much done as was done here

Jermaine Defoe 'bites' Javier Mascherano

Pretty much sod all
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #49: Apr 21, 2013 07:38:55 pm
      Can't believe some of our "fans" to be honest.

F**k me, you commit an offense you will get punished for it and that's that. F***ing stop over-complicating things, over-analyzing them, talking bollocks. I am in no way defending or condoning what he did, but the reaction from the media and some of our "fans" is as if he whipped out a pistol from his shorts and sneakily shot Ivanovic while no one was looking.

The media will be unbearable for the next couple of days.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #50: Apr 21, 2013 07:41:04 pm
      Striker is a little bit crazy but also happens to be one of the best players in the world. That sounds like a good problem to have to me.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #51: Apr 21, 2013 07:44:02 pm
      This is what you get with Luis, it's a part of his game.

You either like it or you don't. I love it.

I don't mind the odd moment of madness, especially when they are minute when compared with his moments of pure unadulterated genius.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #52: Apr 21, 2013 07:44:35 pm
      Luis isn't the problem.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      Reply #53: Apr 21, 2013 07:47:21 pm
      I'm not worried about Luis, I love him, but I am worried about the image of Liverpool Football Club worldwide - regardless of what anyone thinks, it does matter. If FSG decide it means selling Suarez to keep that image respectable, so be it.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #54: Apr 21, 2013 07:49:33 pm
      Personally I'd keep him,  but I wont be surprised if he's sold in the summer we all know how image conscious John Henry and Co are and they have to keep the sponsors happy after all, I mean its all about  the commercial growth of the brand isn't it ? The football team is just an unwelcome distraction.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #55: Apr 21, 2013 07:50:26 pm

They are talking over here on FSC about the FA having the power to give a lifetime ban to players if they so desire, if that is incorrect then apologies as I am going off what they are saying the FA should try and do.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #56: Apr 21, 2013 07:57:50 pm
      The FA cant effectivly sack him and stop him playing in this country, they dont have that power..

Today was bang out of order, he deserves a ban but i wouldnt sell him still for all the tea in China

They have handed out lifetime bans before (ableit for cheating) I would think they can do anything they want to if they so desire.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      Reply #57: Apr 21, 2013 07:59:03 pm
      In all seriousness, Mike Tyson is now following Suarez on Twitter

Not kidding :lmao:

https://twitter.com/BBCSporf/status/326038336009539584/photo/1
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #58: Apr 21, 2013 08:00:22 pm
      Just give him a chew toy or Phil Neville to munch on and explain to him that biting other players is a neddy no no.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #59: Apr 21, 2013 08:02:01 pm
      In all seriousness, Mike Tyson is now following Suarez on Twitter

Not kidding :lmao:

https://twitter.com/BBCSporf/status/326038336009539584/photo/1
      BBC Sporf? Seems legit.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,133 posts | 127 
      Reply #60: Apr 21, 2013 08:02:26 pm
      Lets see if FSG and BR has the balls to stand behind Luis, 'cause we all know the lad is gonna get slated by the media.  which will put pressure on the FA to react.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #61: Apr 21, 2013 08:03:03 pm
      In answer to the question.

That might placate the rabid press.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      Reply #62: Apr 21, 2013 08:04:35 pm
      Good spot - still funny though :D
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #63: Apr 21, 2013 08:04:47 pm
      The real question is, can FSG resist not using this as an excuse to sell him off for a bit of cash?

They may see him as just too much hassle and use this to get him shipped out.
      Excuse or not if we were to sell him now we'd get a 'knocked down' fee based on this latest incident rather than a VFM fee in exchange for the Premier League's TOP SCORER!!!!
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #64: Apr 21, 2013 08:05:10 pm
      Luis is a red... YNWA runs in his veins.

His passion and intensity drives him.  he's arguably our hardest working player (along with henderson) and its this intensity that even after 96 minutes, he's still launching himself for that header and goal.

from this, I'll take his other side any day... plus his issues are nowhere near the level of some players like a balotelli...

Bier
      Reply #65: Apr 21, 2013 08:08:13 pm
      Lets see if FSG and BR has the balls to stand behind Luis, 'cause we all know the lad is gonna get slated by the media.  which will put pressure on the FA to react.

You can't publically condone this type of behavior as a club though, what message does that send.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #66: Apr 21, 2013 08:10:12 pm
      I'd rather he was lining up for us than against us. Especially at the expense of a Chelsea players arm.

Keep him.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #67: Apr 21, 2013 08:11:34 pm
      They have handed out lifetime bans before (ableit for cheating) I would think they can do anything they want to if they so desire.

Very much doubt it
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #68: Apr 21, 2013 08:12:57 pm
       Give him a back hander and tell him not to do it again. He acted like a spoilt child, again.

Quick Reply