Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the match?

Coutinho
      158 (88.3%)
      Sturridge
      7 (3.9%)
      Lucas
      0 (0%)
      Henderson
      5 (2.8%)
      Gerrard
      1 (0.6%)
      Downing
      3 (1.7%)
      Agger
      0 (0%)
      Someone else
      5 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 175

Newcastle 0-6 Liverpool - post match feast

Read 34125 times
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Re: Newcastle 0-6 Liverpool - post match feast
      Reply #506: Apr 27, 2013 08:06:14 pm
      "what a sloppy performance"

"Sturridge has to change his attitude, two well taken goals, but he basically strolled through the game

Everyone else worked hard and came away with credit"

"our defence is still very poor, shocking even."

"I'm sitting here after a 6-0 away win and I'm just pissed off with our attitude, defensive frailties, and sloppiness up front."

I've never seen a more stupid post on this forum!!!

Talk about village idiot!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #507: Apr 27, 2013 08:07:15 pm

Who gives a sh*t?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #508: Apr 27, 2013 08:09:51 pm
      Not seen the game yet, only got in from work an hour ago but wow, Wow, WOW!!!

Can't wait to watch it now  ;D
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #509: Apr 27, 2013 08:10:57 pm
      Discussing Newcastle for a minute here, that 8 year contract is looking like a bright idea isn't it? I honestly said last year that Alan Pardew's season last year was just a flash in the pan. Newcastle Utd are a bunch of idiots - they haven't had a decent manager for 10 years now.

While young exciting managerial prospects have been available, they've opted for mediocrity - usually a Londoner. What they needed to do was give a young talented manager, like a Rodgers type manager a chance.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #510: Apr 27, 2013 08:11:03 pm

Ah he must have meant to put that in the tounge in cheek thread cant think whats its called
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #511: Apr 27, 2013 08:16:06 pm
      Hahaha F**k Lawrenson the miserable b***ard cannot wait for the goals on motd and watch the miserable b***ard disappear up his own arsehole.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #512: Apr 27, 2013 08:16:58 pm
      Hahaha f**k Lawrenson the miserable b***ard cannot wait for the goals on motd and watch the miserable b***ard disappear up his own arsehole.

:lmao:
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #513: Apr 27, 2013 08:19:26 pm
      Ah he must have meant to put that in the tounge in cheek thread cant think whats its called

Don't think so...
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #514: Apr 27, 2013 08:27:38 pm

Aww come on man, how on earth am I supposed to sleep tonight knowing you think so little of me?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      Reply #515: Apr 27, 2013 08:29:38 pm
      Nope, I was deadly serious about every word I typed

I said the 'result' was fantastic, but the performance was very sloppy - the fact we played possible the worst opponents we've encountered in...a very long time is not lost on me one iota.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #516: Apr 27, 2013 08:29:55 pm
      Aww come on man, how on earth am I supposed to sleep tonight knowing you think so little of me?

Try wanking out some of that frustration first.

Cheers
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #517: Apr 27, 2013 08:31:09 pm

Sarcasm mate.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      Reply #518: Apr 27, 2013 08:33:08 pm
      Try wanking out some of that frustration first.

Cheers
      Me? Frustrated?

:D

You have a nice evening
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #519: Apr 27, 2013 08:36:43 pm
      It's arguable that if Sturridge, Agger, Henderson and Borini hadn't scored, Debuchy hadn't saw red, Perch had buried that header, Newcastle fans were instead the stadium and not punching horse outside and a couple of other things, we'd have lost 1 - 0. These are the fine margins we're going to have to cut out if we want to finish abouve Everton next season. Other points to note:

How long before Borini gets a 10 game ban for assaulting himself the stupid tw*t!

Rodgers has learned nothing this week and can't control his lunatic cannibals.

Rodgers Out!
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #520: Apr 27, 2013 08:36:58 pm
      Isn't this just a much better place when we win?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #521: Apr 27, 2013 08:37:14 pm
      Jordan Henderson was given up on by too many fans too early. He was boss today from start to finish and his hassling of Ben Arfa in the 53rd minute which allowed Coutinho to rob the ball and led to the 3rd epitomised his effort today delighted for he boy to bag 2

I don't want to pick a fight but look at how good Courtino is - come from a different league, from a different culture and has settled in quickly. Compare to Hendo who came all the way from the North East and has taken over a year to get to a point where, whilst improved considerably, isn't even half the player Courthino is. It's not that he's a bad player, it's that he's just not what LFC need if we're do be dominant where as Courthino is.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #522: Apr 27, 2013 08:38:31 pm
      Sturridge needs to get his f**king act together - scoring two goals and getting an assist like that. P**ck.

Enrique needs a mention because he's is a beast at the moment and very easy to pick. Does what a defender is meant to do first and foremost - defend. He'll miss Luis though as he links up well with him.

Strange the way I've never, ever been nervous about a Newcastle game no matter what the circumstances.

Twatted them today, never gave them more than the odd moment and I for one am made up.

Loved Borini's celebration and this stage of the season, with the pressure off, could be the ideal time for him to settle and find his feet. Hope he shows us what he can do.

Coutinho in the position he played today please. Remember how Fowler was a natural finisher? Well Coutinho is a natural 'setter upperer'. A beauty to behold and he excites me with his vision and way he passes without looking like he even has to think.

Well happy and we'll have Everton having a rethink now as they will have been licking their lips.

Hope Newcastle go down, hate the fuckers I really do. Deluded is an understatement.

Bring on the sh*te!

OFF TOPIC: The Missus got The Voice on as I write this - f**king hell is that Jessie J annoying. I would love to kick her right in the f**king crack!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #523: Apr 27, 2013 08:39:41 pm
      Feel really happy after all the going's on this week.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #524: Apr 27, 2013 08:41:33 pm
      Made up with that !!!.
      I'm more made up for my son who bought his new red home top from the Anfield shop two days after we signed Borini and insisted he have number 29 BORINI on the back...He's took some stick off his mates this season but has worn it religiously for every game so It was great to give him a big hug and jump around the kitchen with him when Fabio toe poked his goal in...my younger son(9) sat there with his Reina top on bored, complaining that he'd done nothing in the first half !!ha ha..
      Coutinho is the new Beardsley for me...his movement was superb and his vision when he had the ball was true to his homeland style...Top Man and my MOTM by a mile..
      Could've and should've been 8 or 9 today but hey ho a smile back on the club after a very sh*t week !!
      Who's next up???....Oh look its the blue sh*te !!..c'mon then !!

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #525: Apr 27, 2013 08:43:55 pm
      Made up with that !!!.
      I'm more made up for my son who bought his new red home top from the Anfield shop two days after we signed Borini and insisted he have number 29 BORINI on the back...He's took some stick off his mates this season but has worn it religiously for every game so It was great to give him a big hug and jump around the kitchen with him when Fabio toe poked his goal in...my younger son(9) sat there with his Reina top on bored, complaining that he'd done nothing in the first half !!ha ha..
      Coutinho is the new Beardsley for me...his movement was superb and his vision when he had the ball was true to his homeland style...Top Man and my MOTM by a mile..
      Could've and should've been 8 or 9 today but hey ho a smile back on the club after a very sh*t week !!
      Who's next up???....Oh look its the blue sh*te !!..c'mon then !!

If he adds Beardsley's scoring record whilst here, to his game, drooling at the prospect.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #526: Apr 27, 2013 08:46:22 pm
      Truly think Coutinho is going to be an outstanding player for the side.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      Reply #527: Apr 27, 2013 08:46:35 pm
      I believe we have played a lot better than that this season and lost.

We were terrible at the back, very sloppy, and any other team with a half decenet strike force would have made us pay. I've no doubt in my mind at all about that.

Also, up front, Sturridge (who I actually think is a great signing for us but...) for me is way too arrogant and it comes out in his play. He was borderline lazy today and left Coutinho standing like a spare tyre in the 18 yard, when Sturridge tried beating the same man again and again. I thought Borini showed a lot more conviction and drive when he came on. Yes Sturrdige scored 2 good goals, but he was too cocky today. If you don't think so, ask yourself why the gaffer took him off when he was on a hattrick against a really piss poor Toon defence. It's because he'd had enough of his laid back attitude. He could just as easily have taken off Downing, but he knew Sturridge had to come off.

Not to mention how poor Johsnon was, or how static our defenders were for the most part.

Like I said, for those suggesting I'm being sarcastic, or as Monobrow suggested - I take a w*nk to relieve frustration, I said the result was fantastic, but the performance here and there left a lot to be desired. Attitude up front, sloppy at the back

This does not mean Coutinho, or Gerrard, or Lucas or whoever, was sh*t, like some seem to think I was saying, only that if we are that sloppy against a half decent team, we'd be punished a lot more than we were today
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 970 
      Reply #528: Apr 27, 2013 08:54:56 pm
      Needs to be said, that was our best performance of the season.  Even before Debuchy went off, we were in complete control all game, and we were pure class.... even without you know who!!  A few thoughts:

Coutinho is class, and when played through the center he has more freedom to get on the ball and influence the game with his passing, vision, dribbling, and creativity.  Nearly got himself on the scoresheet with a cracking shot too!!  I think he deserves more playing time in a central role through the end of the season after that performance.

Sturridge again looked like a 20M striker, and he will only continue to get better the more he settles into the team. 

Downing and Hendo were both very good providing the work rate and industry required on the flanks, while Gerrard and Lucas were very solid at the heart of our midfield. 

Still hopeful that we can overtake Everton, even if it is unlikely.....

Great performance, and a great result!! 

YNWA

Quick Reply