Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Fabio Borini or Andy Carroll?

Read 7323 times
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Re: Fabio Borini or Andy Carroll?
      Reply #23: May 09, 2013 05:16:03 pm
      Carroll for me, was a very good player for Newcastle when utilised to his abilities, also showed us in the final half of ast season that he's a very good player.

Think of it like this...who would you rather defend against, Carroll or Borini for 90 minutes??
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #24: May 09, 2013 05:21:46 pm
      Carroll for me, was a very good player for Newcastle when utilised to his abilities, also showed us in the final half of ast season that he's a very good player.

Think of it like this...who would you rather defend against, Carroll or Borini for 90 minutes??

Actually, I think I'd rather defend against Carroll. He's not very mobile and pretty one-dimensional. Meanwhile Borini is constantly making runs and has a good workrate, so eventually your legs would tire out.

As for who between the two: Hard to say either at the moment, though I do like Borini's aforementioned workrate and movement. I'd be interested to see Borini get some more minutes playing as a central striker.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #25: May 09, 2013 05:31:00 pm
      Actually, I think I'd rather defend against Carroll. He's not very mobile and pretty one-dimensional. Meanwhile Borini is constantly making runs and has a good workrate, so eventually your legs would tire out.

As for who between the two: Hard to say either at the moment, though I do like Borini's aforementioned workrate and movement. I'd be interested to see Borini get some more minutes playing as a central striker.
      I disagree, If you where to ask the same question to either John Terry if Vidic i'm sure they would prefer to mark Borini. Carroll brings player into the game, wierd thing is they could be a good partnership !
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #26: May 09, 2013 05:33:50 pm
      I disagree, If you where to ask the same question to either John Terry if Vidic i'm sure they would prefer to mark Borini. Carroll brings player into the game, wierd thing is they could be a good partnership !

I remember Terry and Ivanovic getting handled by Carroll at Anfield, but I don't recall Vidic. He's always injured the past 2 seasons hah
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #27: May 09, 2013 05:38:47 pm
      I remember Terry and Ivanovic getting handled by Carroll at Anfield, but I don't recall Vidic. He's always injured the past 2 seasons hah
      I meant recently playing for West Ham he bullied Vidic and nearly brought him to tears... I enjoyed watching it too!!
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #28: May 09, 2013 05:50:18 pm
      Borini....Caroll is just a big lump. A very expensive lump.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #29: May 09, 2013 06:35:50 pm
      Not a fan of this type of debate because it becomes very adversarial based on nothing but hypothesis but....

Carroll all day long
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5022 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #30: May 09, 2013 08:30:47 pm
      I really can't see the point in this debate, to be fair none of us have seen enough of Borini to make a judgement on whether he is comparable to Carroll, another season may or may not be the making of Fabio, he needs to be playing regularly for him to establish himself and gain the confidence required that warrant his selection,
      Who knows he could turn out a 15-20 goal a season find or he could flop dramatically ,
      Put your hands up if you thought Lucas would evolve into the player he is now opposed to his first two seasons ?

IBWT.   YNWA.   JFT96
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #31: May 09, 2013 09:08:48 pm
      Very interesting new strategy.  Apparently we need to play awful players more often.

What ever happened to earning your place in the team?

Downing played almost every game last season and he was just as awful at the end as he was at the beginning.

"Borini is awful--let's play him some more!"
      Adam_Gibson8
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 290 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #32: May 10, 2013 10:58:54 am
      West ham seem very keen to get carroll. The chairman is a big fan and voted him the POTY for them and he played maybe half the games. If what reports say that it was a loan with offer to buy for 17mil id take that all day long!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #33: May 10, 2013 11:13:14 am
      West ham seem very keen to get carroll. The chairman is a big fan and voted him the POTY for them and he played maybe half the games. If what reports say that it was a loan with offer to buy for 17mil id take that all day long!

It is actually a joke that he was voted player of the year haha!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #34: May 10, 2013 11:14:31 am
      Carroll by far. People still think he's just someone that hopes for long balls but he has a terrific first touch and links up well with those around him. Plus he's pretty quick.

Watch him at Newcastle. He almost played like a false 9 at times.
      Adam_Gibson8
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 290 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #35: May 10, 2013 12:05:40 pm
      It is actually a joke that he was voted player of the year haha!

I know although best of a bad lot! haha But just shows the chairman likes him so hopefully we get close to half what we paid for him back!!!
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #36: May 10, 2013 01:19:22 pm
      Carroll by far. People still think he's just someone that hopes for long balls but he has a terrific first touch and links up well with those around him. Plus he's pretty quick.

I will accept anything but Carrol having a terrific first touch. Most of the time ball bounced of his feet when other players tried quick one two's with him.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 895 
      Reply #37: May 10, 2013 01:28:52 pm
      My vote goes to Borini. Carrolls movement is awefull, he has scored few goals for hammers but thats cuz they keep putting the long ball to him and i dont want to see us developing that kind of game plan.
      We have players like suarez, cou, daniel and stevie that can create a goal out of nothing. Somebody said in another thread that cou need a player like borini upfront who makes the runs all the time and i agree.
      A player like borini doesnt only make space for him but for other players aswell. would like to see more of him before selling him.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #38: May 10, 2013 01:57:40 pm

How the F**k was Carroll POTY over Diame?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,318 posts | 4956 
      Reply #39: May 10, 2013 06:05:27 pm

Surely you are joking mate.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Reply #40: May 10, 2013 08:02:11 pm
      I wonder if we had paid £7mil for him would he still be in the squad?.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #41: May 10, 2013 08:06:04 pm

If we'd payed £7m he'd have been sold in the winter.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,318 posts | 4956 
      Reply #42: May 10, 2013 08:06:23 pm

I think his price is irrelevant to Brendan mate. He just doesn't rate him.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,130 posts | 127 
      Reply #43: May 10, 2013 09:11:49 pm
      I've defended Carroll many times in the past, but when he's been standing outside the box when a cross is coming in beggars belief. The only thing I can put that to is lack of vision or nous. We all know he should be creating all sorts of problems for defenders, just by being there, but for some reason he switches off. The lad is talented, but until someone can teach him how read the game, and have an understanding how his teamates work, well, it doesnt look good does it.   On the plus side, if we keep him his defensive duties can only help seeing as we concede on nearly every other set piece.
      We've got a youngster here who can possibily, who is taught right, can make a difference in certain games and thats what we're lacking....with Suarez, Sturridge and Coutinho,  Carroll can give us options IMO, and would'nt cost us anything.

As for Borini, I love his never say die outlook, but I think his passion far outweighs his talent.  However, I really havent seen him play too often so I think that when he does play he's like a headless chicken, just trying too hard rather than controlled which is understandable.
      Cant wait to see a game where he shows what he can do without any pressure.   Keep both, give them each a chance, and If they cant hack it offload Jan,
      give us more money to spen elsewhere this summer.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #44: May 12, 2013 12:06:40 pm
      Carroll or Borini is a farce Carroll may not be Brendan's cup of tea.
      But every other manager in the league would take big Andy before Fabio.

Personally i would have big Andy back no danger he may not be Van Persie but he's
      better than several forwards we've been linked to recently including Higuain imo..
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #45: May 12, 2013 02:22:46 pm
      Carroll or Borini is a farce Carroll may not be Brendan's cup of tea.
      But every other manager in the league would take big Andy before Fabio.

Personally i would have big Andy back no danger he may not be Van Persie but he's
      better than several forwards we've been linked to recently including Higuain imo..

Andy Carroll better than Gonzalo Higuain?

Quick Reply