Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 4th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W10 D4 L4

Smoke Bombs at Games

Read 9681 times
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Smoke Bombs at Games
      May 12, 2013 09:46:15 pm
      Mods - please feel free to move this to the correct thread if needed...

Today we again saw smoke bombs at the game - and I for one think they look boss. Back in the day all the Italian clubs had these at games and I wondered why we didn’t - now that we do its great. It looks amazing, some of the photo's after look great too - which is always nice. I would imagine it gets the players fired up as it certainly does get the crowd going.

However, today the commentator (who was awful) was having a right pop at the fans for this claiming its dangerous etc... Now fireworks I can see being too much, someone could get badly hurt – but a smoke bomb, me thinks not. Also the police are now putting people to prison for these, a lad at Portsmouth has been jailed for 2 months for having one near a stadium, which is mental as people get away with a lot worse than this and avoid jail.

My question is what do you think about them – have you been to a game where one was let off and what was it like..? Did it add or take away from the experience – also did anyone seem bothered about it such as kids or parents..? Also – do you think Liverpool should allow this to happen or should they do something to either stop (massive bans to people with them) it or allow it - perhaps setting up something at the game to set off smoke every time we score..?
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Re: Smoke Bombs at Games
      Reply #1: May 12, 2013 09:47:45 pm
      Smoke bombs were great, mainly for how much they annoyed fire-safety officer/commentator Tony Gale.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6954 
      Reply #2: May 12, 2013 09:50:54 pm
      Been to plenty of games where they've gone off - although admittedly today looked like something resembling more like the old Italian games - bit spectacular!

It does indeed look boss, but it can't have been great being in that stand breathing all that in.

Like you pointed out - authorities will clamp down on it and I'd imagine a few lads caught with them will be made an example of to try and stop others taking them the games.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #3: May 12, 2013 09:54:58 pm
      Thats what worries me - 10 year ban for that is a joke, and prison! You make a point, i bet they smell awful and getting a lung full cant be good for you and if you had a kid there or some one who was vunerable.

Was todays a bit OTT..? I remeber games being stopped because of them back in the day, which would be a ball ache!

What about if as a club they let them off opposite our fans - although that would be a bit 'plastic flag' for my liking you would still get the same effect - or if they could make them allowed, such as official ones?
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,198 posts | 1642 
      Reply #4: May 12, 2013 10:10:29 pm
      I like them, I think they look great. I can't imagine it causes serious harm, although it would perhaps be a bit uncomfortable to be breathing in. And as someone else said in the match thread, this is football, there are to many people trying to turn it into a namby pamby game, the people complaining will be the prawn sandwich brigade.

Bigmick was at the game with his kid I believe, so perhaps he would have a better view on it, what with him being with a young un I suppose.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #5: May 12, 2013 10:42:10 pm
      Anything that improves the atmosphere is a good thing, the FA killjoys will never allow it though.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,281 posts | 4938 
      Reply #6: May 12, 2013 10:42:17 pm
      I think they look great.

Even more so when you consider how other clubs almost have to force their fans and organise them with plastic flags on every seat.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #7: May 13, 2013 08:10:37 am
      More excuses for the rest of the country to hate on the scousers. Pathetic :laugh:

I think it's awesome. Always loved a game with a bit of smoke ;)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #8: May 13, 2013 09:05:02 am
      I may be wrong but the first I really saw of them over here was in a youth game v ManUre a couple of months back when their fans kept letting them off. As it was them, the FA turned a blind eye so that set a president and shortly after, our fans did it at a senior game.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #9: May 13, 2013 10:18:21 am
      They have them all over Europe with no problem, but here people are vilified for them.

I think they look great and get the crowd going.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #10: May 13, 2013 12:15:34 pm
      The commentary on sky last night made it sound like they'd brought a goat to the match and ritually slaughtered it, way over the top.

I thought it was more a two fingers up to this:

A statement from LFC read: “A number of incidents have been reported recently that a minority of Liverpool fans have been behaving inappropriately during our away fixtures and using these illegal devices.

“If a person is identified behaving inappropriately at away grounds then the club will have no option but to ban the individuals concerned from future matches.

“LFC encourages all away fans to respect the values of the club and stop taking these flares and fireworks to matches.”

Read more: Liverpool Echo http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk

They're getting a little bossy over there, 'do it the liverpool way' 'be the twelfth man' 'sit down' 'stand up' 'wipe yer arse'.

If they want to ram merchandise and an ethos based on 'the liverpool way' down our throats at every opportunity then it's about time they started behaving like LFC owners and give substantial funds from the commercial revenue they reaped since they arrived to get us back where we belong.
      Aggeraphobia
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      Reply #11: May 13, 2013 04:23:31 pm

Football without fans is nothing.

Love it as a kickback against the sterilisation of our game.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,014 posts | 3954 
      Reply #12: May 13, 2013 04:26:42 pm

See the rising Liver Bird and a stallion in the other red mist.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #13: May 13, 2013 04:40:40 pm
      I love them but if it's going to get the Club in trouble with the 'authorities' then you know they'll come down harder on us than any other Club in the history of the game  :f_steam:
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #14: May 13, 2013 04:49:36 pm
      I think they're class.

That said I think they should be contained to the Kop.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #15: May 13, 2013 04:59:15 pm
      See the rising Liver Bird and a stallion in the other red mist.

Hows that trip workin for ya Stu? ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,014 posts | 3954 
      Reply #16: May 13, 2013 06:01:52 pm
      Hows that trip workin for ya Stu? ;D

Those were the days mate: ESP on a regular basis, staring hynotised at the images in a fire, out of body experiences, hearing voices and that was only the blow, the acid was the main course.
      Gotta make do with smokey puzzles on the forum at this stage of the game.
      A good trip now would probably do me in mate, talking about the real acid not the sh*te they do now.  ;D  :chongin: :bert: :ernie:
      LFCexiled
      Reply #17: May 13, 2013 06:43:16 pm
      Those were the days mate: ESP on a regular basis, staring hynotised at the images in a fire, out of body experiences, hearing voices and that was only the blow, the acid was the main course.
      Gotta make do with smokey puzzles on the forum at this stage of the game.
      A good trip now would probably do me in mate, talking about the real acid not the sh*te they do now.  ;D :chongin: :bert: :ernie:

;D

One time I was out picking in a field and the first time I'd done mushies and I took a sh*t load knocking around with my mates, I had to get off because I was that bad, I spent what felt like hours lying on the bed just staring at swirling colours, I spent the next what felt like hours hallucinating that I was running around the street where my mates were bollock naked, it was only when I knocked at my mates the next day that I found out it hadn't really happened. Blew my mind at the time.

As you say, I'd probably flip if I did now.  :dunceblock:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,014 posts | 3954 
      Reply #18: May 13, 2013 07:25:35 pm
      ;D

One time I was out picking in a field and the first time I'd done mushies and I took a sh*t load knocking around with my mates, I had to get off because I was that bad, I spent what felt like hours lying on the bed just staring at swirling colours, I spent the next what felt like hours hallucinating that I was running around the street where my mates were bollock naked, it was only when I knocked at my mates the next day that I found out it hadn't really happened. Blew my mind at the time.

As you say, I'd probably flip if I did now.  :dunceblock:

Couldn't be doing with the 'shrooms they were horrible F***ing things, horror being the operative word. The acid before operation Julie was mustard and I suppose devotees of the micro-dot were spoilt having experienced the highs spoken of.   
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,281 posts | 4938 
      Reply #19: May 13, 2013 11:36:33 pm

Totally agree.

The first one is my new screen saver on my phone.

Great image.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,803 posts | 6748 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #20: May 14, 2013 08:59:56 am
      I love them but if it's going to get the Club in trouble with the 'authorities' then you know they'll come down harder on us than any other Club in the history of the game  :f_steam:

Agreed Debbs. I like them and love seeing that red mist across the Park but we all know our History. For the last 24 years we've being fighting for Justice. If one of those flares accidently caught fire and Robbie forbid, the stadium caught alight, can you imagine the ramifications not only for the fans in the ground but for Liverpool Football Club. We've been wrongly vilified and blamed for 24 years now, let's not give these authoritive cu*ts and other teams fans any reason to throw accusations at us, anymore.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,014 posts | 3954 
      Reply #21: May 14, 2013 09:17:22 am
      Agreed Debbs. I like them and love seeing that red mist across the Park but we all know our History. For the last 24 years we've being fighting for Justice. If one of those flares accidently caught fire and Robbie forbid, the stadium caught alight, can you imagine the ramifications not only for the fans in the ground but for Liverpool Football Club. We've been wrongly vilified and blamed for 24 years now, let's not give these authoritive cu*ts and other teams fans any reason to throw accusations at us, anymore.
      Hahaha 'Robbie forbid' that's a cracker mate.
      On a serious note the fire risk with those flares is F***ing scary mate, watching games in the likes of Turkey and the east European arenas always brings the risk factor into it, you're right by the way if anyone is gonna be hung out for it it's LFC.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,803 posts | 6748 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #22: May 14, 2013 09:19:16 am
      Hahaha 'Robbie forbid' that's a cracker mate.
      On a serious note the fire risk with those flares is f**king scary mate, watching games in the likes of Turkey and the east European arenas always brings the risk factor into it, you're right by the way if anyone is gonna be hung out for it it's LFC.

Yep, Stuey mate, that's what I'm worried about. Like Debs said, we'll be hung out to dry, that's for sure.

Quick Reply