Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Andy Carroll (-> West Ham)

Read 25244 times
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Andy Carroll (-> West Ham)
      May 22, 2013 03:24:30 pm
      Andy Carroll: Liverpool and West Ham agree £15m transfer fee
      West Ham have agreed a fee with Liverpool for Andy Carroll but the England striker has yet to decide if he wants to join the Hammers permanently.

The London side will match Liverpool's asking price of around £15m, but the 24-year-old is unsure about the move ahead of a World Cup year.

It is understood interest from former club Newcastle United has cooled.

West Ham are expected to bid for Vitesse Arnhem's Wilfried Bony if Carroll rejects their approach.
          The 24-year-old Ivory Coast international finished as 31-goal top scorer in the Dutch league this season, but West Ham manager Sam Allardyce has made no secret about Carroll being his main summer target.

Meanwhile, Carroll has withdrawn from the England squad for the upcoming friendlies against the Republic of Ireland and Brazil. because of a heel injury.

Carroll was signed by Kenny Dalglish and moved to Liverpool on transfer deadline day in January 2011, for what remains a record fee for a British player of £35m.

He had impressed by scoring 31 times for his boyhood club Newcastle United in 81 appearances, but his time at Anfield was short lived.

Coupled with the arrival of Brendan Rodgers and a new style of play, Carroll's return of just six goals in 44 outings for Liverpool saw him loaned to West Ham in late August 2012.

Despite a knee injury ruling him out for December, Carroll scored seven times for Allardyce's side during the season, form which encouraged the West Ham boss to pursue a permanent deal.

"If we can start with Andy Carroll, that would be a great achievement for us as he can only get better and better," he said after West Ham's weekend win over Reading.

"Then we build around that in terms of how we want to improve next year, with better quality.

"Andy is a player who is wanting to enjoy his football. He lives for his football and wants to play every game. He wants to use his strengths and score as many as he can - but he also works very hard for the team."

Whether the deal goes through appears to rest with Carroll, who has said he has "enjoyed every minute" of his loan spell in London.

"I have had a great season here at West Ham, really enjoyed being part of a great set of lads in the team, with the staff around us and the fans," Carroll told the club's official website.

"Everyone has been so welcoming to me and I have been over the moon to be here. This is a great club."

One deal that the Hammers have completed is that of Shakhtar Donetsk left-back Razvan Rat, 31, on a free transfer which will formally go through on 1 July.
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22618340

Figured we should create an Andy Carroll transfer thread for this board. Mods: Feel free to delete or merge as necessary.

fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Re: Andy Carroll (-> West Ham)
      Reply #1: May 23, 2013 05:50:35 am
      Surprised that we're already being offered 15m for him, think it's about fair for the lad.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #2: May 23, 2013 06:05:26 am
      I guess its 12mil straight plus add-ons, hope we get atleast that 12 after this latest injury that's apparently keeping him out for 3 months
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #3: May 23, 2013 09:02:35 am
       Brendan Rodgers on Andy Carroll : "It's a difficult one. I spoke to him and we had a
      good chat. The boy is a talent. It's just something
      we need to assess between now and the end of
      window.'' "The objective at the beginning of the season was
      for him to go out and play. He's gone away to think
      of what we spoke about and we will talk again
      through the weeks." ''It was just a general conversation in terms of the
      experience of getting out and playing. He enjoyed
      that apart from the injury.'' "At the start of the season the whole thing was
      about going and getting games because he wasn't
      going to be a starter here. We will talk again with
      him and the club to see how it all evolves. It's one
      of those situations where it will probably be
      resolved a lot quicker than that for both parties."
      Adam_Gibson8
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 290 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #4: May 23, 2013 04:32:36 pm
      Its basically 17mil they spent for him (The 2mil loan fee included). Think thats a great deal for Liverpool just hope all the funds go straight back into the side.
      Sgt_Hard
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts |
      Reply #5: May 23, 2013 04:57:49 pm
      Its basically 17mil they spent for him (The 2mil loan fee included). Think thats a great deal for Liverpool just hope all the funds go straight back into the side.
      Less tax & Carrolls pay off so make it about 10 million will be pumped back into the transfer coffers!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #6: May 23, 2013 09:14:41 pm
      There's a bit of a rumour going around on the Twatter that Newcastle (are you sitting down) got a 25% sell on fee implemented into the deal when they sold him to us.

Absolutely astonishing if true.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #7: May 23, 2013 09:17:25 pm
      There's a bit of a rumour going around on the Twatter that Newcastle (are you sitting down) got a 25% sell on fee implemented into the deal when they sold him to us.

Knowing how we went about our business at that point in time, that doesn't surprise me that much. You have to wonder what these business men who run football clubs think when making these deals.

Anyway, I hate saying it but can't really wait to see the back of Carroll.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #8: May 23, 2013 09:17:50 pm

Astonishing is an understatement. £35M + 25%. Wow. It's probably only twitter crap though.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #9: May 23, 2013 09:31:16 pm

Oh dear. Hopefully that's only the usual Twitter BS though.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #10: May 23, 2013 10:39:26 pm

It's not a rumour I don't think. As far as I'm aware this has been public knowledge since not long after we signed him.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,274 posts | 4935 
      Reply #11: May 23, 2013 10:41:34 pm
      It's not a rumour I don't think. As far as I'm aware this has been public knowledge since not long after we signed him.

Yep. Pretty sure someone mentioned it on here before.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #12: May 23, 2013 10:44:03 pm
      Jesus Christ. As if the worst deal in football history couldn't have got any worse.
      newguy
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #13: May 23, 2013 11:03:36 pm
      https://www.nufcblog.com/2011/02/18/newcastle-get-25-of-any-carroll-sell-on/

According to the article, as we are not getting any profit ffrom the sell, the clause does not apply.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #14: May 24, 2013 02:18:43 am
      Have to agree in that its not surprising if true and certainly one of the worst pieces of transfer dealings in history.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #15: May 24, 2013 03:31:26 pm
      Have to agree in that its not surprising if true and certainly one of the worst pieces of transfer dealings in history.

i agree but it would be worse not to sell andy as the boss clearly doesnt rate him.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #16: May 24, 2013 07:08:04 pm
      As far as I'm aware this has been public knowledge since not long after we signed him.

Not that public by the way people are surprised by it now it seems.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #17: May 28, 2013 12:57:04 pm
      couple of shitt sources are claiming that carroll is going to reject hammers and rejoin us and fight for his place here. Really hope that isnt the case.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,289 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #18: May 28, 2013 01:08:37 pm
      If he does reject it and wants to fight for his place here fair play to the lad
      jtrollip
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 192 posts |
      Reply #19: May 28, 2013 02:19:40 pm
      Think it's a tactic by Carroll for us to lower the valuation so he can go home to Newcastle.

If so, he can f#ck right off. 15 million or nothing, if he wants to ruin his career by playing for the reserves for a year, I say we call him on his bluff. Ain't no way he's even making the bench next season
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #20: Jun 01, 2013 12:08:22 pm
      If Newcastle want him, a bidding war between WH and NFC is most welcome.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #21: Jun 02, 2013 04:26:58 pm
      Gone to WH apparently for 15 Million... Well, if you beleive the internet, nothing from the offal.

If so we are soooo poor in the transfer market..!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #22: Jun 02, 2013 04:29:08 pm
      Gone to WH apparently for 15 Million... Well, if you beleive the internet, nothing from the offal.

If so we are soooo poor in the transfer market..!

I know, we're always leaving things 'til the last minute.

Getting sick of it now.

Quick Reply