Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 6th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W0 D1 L2

Kyriakos Papadopoulos (Schalke)

Read 47442 times
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Re: Kyriakos Papadopoulos (Schalke)
      Reply #276: Aug 13, 2013 12:30:28 pm
      Oh well he'll be off to City if they go in for him.

looks that way FFS
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #277: Aug 13, 2013 12:55:34 pm
      Oh well he'll be off to City if they go in for him.

Depends, if he wants to sit on his lazy greedy hole like Scott Sinclair knowing he won't start a game then he'll choose City. If he wants regular first team action then he may choose us.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #278: Aug 13, 2013 12:55:49 pm
      nah he prefers us... :)
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #279: Aug 13, 2013 01:05:15 pm
      Which is the bigger club?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8677 
      Reply #280: Aug 13, 2013 01:21:52 pm

Won't matter, they got money plus lure of Champions League.

We've been resting on our laurels for too long using that sh*te, now we're getting left behind.

Depends, if he wants to sit on his lazy greedy hole like Scott Sinclair knowing he won't start a game then he'll choose City. If he wants regular first team action then he may choose us.

We would still have to put a bid in first, like all those other players we've been in for, MicktheArmenian, Costa etc etc, have we actually put in any bids or we just turning into Everton of the 90s!
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #281: Aug 13, 2013 01:40:21 pm
      How are they of enough quality to get us into the top 4? We fell out of the top 4 with the same players (minus Toure). I doubt Toure is going to improve us enough to get us back into the top 4.

It's a case of over-rating our players again and we've done it for the last couple of years. If we go into the season with Skrtel as first choice then I really will panic. It's a downgrade on Carra (our previous first choice) but somehow we're expected to perform better with him back in?

I don't think we failed in the league because we had Skrtel in the team. We failed because Enrique, Downing, Skrtel were off-form while Lucas was injured for nearly the whole season. A Toure-Agger partnership is the best we have now IMO but getting Papadopolous for example will certainly improve the 1st team and an upgrade on Toure. By the way I don't think we should be selling Skrtel as long as Coates is around, for me the guy is after Agger, Toure, Kelly, Skrtel, Wisdom in the CB pecking order.
      Mark my word, Toure WILL surprise a few..
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #282: Aug 13, 2013 01:43:39 pm
      I don't think we failed in the league because we had Skrtel in the team. We failed because Enrique, Downing, Skrtel were off-form while Lucas was injured for nearly the whole season. A Toure-Agger partnership is the best we have now IMO but getting Papadopolous for example will certainly improve the 1st team and an upgrade on Toure. By the way I don't think we should be selling Skrtel as long as Coates is around, for me the guy is after Agger, Toure, Kelly, Skrtel, Wisdom in the CB pecking order.

It won't be a surprise to anyone who has watched him since he came to this country.

He might surprise a few of the gobshites who only ever watch MOTD though.

He's prone to the occasional howler, but I can't think of a defender who isn't.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8677 
      Reply #283: Aug 13, 2013 01:45:10 pm

Maybe he'll get caught like he did at the start of last season when Skrtel scored a storming header past Man City!
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #284: Aug 13, 2013 01:52:10 pm
      Maybe he'll get caught like he did at the start of last season when Skrtel scored a storming header past Man City!
      Who doesn't? :P
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #285: Aug 13, 2013 01:54:14 pm
      It won't be a surprise to anyone who has watched him since he came to this country.

He might surprise a few of the gobshites who only ever watch MOTD though.

He's prone to the occasional howler, but I can't think of a defender who isn't.
      Yeah I mean though he's 32 but there's more than experience to his game
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8677 
      Reply #286: Aug 13, 2013 02:14:23 pm

He's a back up player at best now though, not someone to be building a future defence with.
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #287: Aug 13, 2013 02:22:27 pm
      He's a back up player at best now though, not someone to be building a future defence with.
      Well I will for once take experience/quality over potential to reach that coveted 4th spot. We may release him the year after and I won't give a F**k but he will be due a big thanks from everybody.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #288: Aug 13, 2013 02:36:22 pm

We have won alot and our trophy records are not going to be beaten anytime soon but unfortunately alot of people dont compare clubs like that nowdays. City are growing in a record pace, and their fanbase is growing all over the world.

Although the Arabs are spending insane amount of money but they are also building the image for the club and developing their youth setup after what i have heard. So are they really stupid as people think they are? some would call it smart business plan.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8677 
      Reply #289: Aug 13, 2013 02:37:18 pm
      Well I will for once take experience/quality over potential to reach that coveted 4th spot. We may release him the year after and I won't give a F**k but he will be due a big thanks from everybody.

Re-read that again!

"Coveted" sounds F***ing embarrassing.

I'd rather we play our two strongest centre-backs, which for me are Skrtel and Agger. Although Brendan (or the bean-counters) may think different!
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #290: Aug 13, 2013 02:44:08 pm
      We have won alot and our trophy records are not going to be beaten anytime soon but unfortunately alot of people dont compare clubs like that nowdays. City are growing in a record pace, and their fanbase is growing all over the world.

Although the Arabs are spending insane amount of money but they are also building the image for the club and developing their youth setup after what i have heard. So are they really stupid as people think they are? some would call it smart business plan.

The company I work for, Turner & Townsend, are project managing the new City academy.

Its mind blowingly good.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #291: Aug 13, 2013 04:55:22 pm
      and then back passed to tevez  :f_wah:
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #292: Aug 13, 2013 06:55:55 pm
      and then back passed to tevez  :f_wah:

Was a great through ball. Who says Skrtel can't pass?!?!
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #293: Aug 13, 2013 07:26:18 pm

These guys are also not looking to make any money from the club, it's a prestige thing. They put a lot in to start with, but I think their heavy investment in the youth setup shows that they don't want to just throw money at the club to make it a success. They want a smart long term solution and that is bringing players to the first team from the academy. As you say, they're not stupid.
      lfcsupporter01
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #294: Aug 14, 2013 10:50:33 pm
      Papadopoulos would be a great signing. Really hope that this one goes through ..
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #295: Aug 15, 2013 10:31:10 am
      Papadopoulos would be a great signing. Really hope that this one goes through ..

Here's just to be the first one to quote you :P
      Welcome to the forum :)
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #296: Aug 15, 2013 01:26:40 pm
      Here's just to be the first one to quote you :P
      Welcome to the forum :)
      How has he been pre season? If I were Rodgers I would wait until end of August to get him. We need to be sure he is still good.
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #297: Aug 15, 2013 03:48:29 pm
      How has he been pre season? If I were Rodgers I would wait until end of August to get him. We need to be sure he is still good.
      Yeah gone quiet for some reason though I doubt we're in for a centre back unless we sell Coates or Skrtel first.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,349 posts | 4968 
      Reply #298: Aug 15, 2013 06:45:08 pm
      Yeah gone quiet for some reason though I doubt we're in for a centre back unless we sell Coates or Skrtel first.

You can almost guarantee no new CB will come in unless one moves out.

Been happening all season.

Quick Reply