Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Torres for Suarez

Read 12258 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Torres for Suarez
      Reply #69: Jun 25, 2013 04:47:48 pm
      Were discussing a hypothetical situation if it was to arise about a current player and a former player, if you can't see the difference in that from discussing any one and every one without a source then you've got sh*t between your ears.

Moderators have commented in the the thread and its still open, what does that tell you ?

Now let the Moderators do the job  that they are actually capable of doing and run along and stop being a little girl.

:( okay.  I guess it's not really a big deal anyway.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #70: Jun 25, 2013 04:50:34 pm
      That was easy.
      mp..
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts |
      Reply #71: Jun 25, 2013 05:36:59 pm
      No thanks.

He betrayed our love. you wouldn't take back a partner who thought the grass was greener would you?

Depends how fit she was.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #72: Jun 26, 2013 01:16:00 pm
      Torres 29 now, sh*t, has won everything in the game apart from EPL, his desire now is money not trophies can see that from the way he plays, lost his passion, judas.

have you been watching the confederations cup? he doesn't look like a player only after money, cups do matter to him.

he isn't as good as he was but he is still worth over 10 mil. HOWEVER, i wouldn't have him back because, as many people have stated, he was at his best during rafa era because rafa played the team to his strengths. the team set up is different now and i just don't think he would fit. in his time, we relied on his pace, playing deep defence and counter attacking football. rogers prefers a high line with more passing and intrictae football in opponent's half...does not suit torres. would be money wasted.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #73: Jun 26, 2013 01:16:24 pm

or how talented ;)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #74: Jun 26, 2013 01:29:12 pm
      There's more of a chance of a tit w*nk from Anjelina Jolie as Torres has of coming back to Anfield, as said before, we don't re-sign a Judas, i hope he festers at chavs and who knows might even end up at that wee shitty club across the park, now that would be funny !
      Sgt_Hard
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts |
      Reply #75: Jun 26, 2013 01:33:30 pm
      There's more of a chance of a tit w*nk from Anjelina Jolie , now that would be funny !
      Fixed it for ya! :laugh:
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #76: Jun 27, 2013 04:30:45 pm
       :lmao:
      There's more of a chance of a tit w*nk from Anjelina Jolie as Torres has of coming back to Anfield, as said before, we don't re-sign a Judas, i hope he festers at chavs and who knows might even end up at that wee shitty club across the park, now that would be funny !
      brew spat well and truly out. :lmao:
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,781 posts | 891 
      Reply #77: Jun 28, 2013 09:05:48 pm
      To be fair, Torres is looking better all the time. He's been very good in the Confederations Cup.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,356 posts | 8614 
      Reply #78: Jul 01, 2013 04:55:41 pm
      To be fair, Torres is looking better all the time. He's been very good in the Confederations Cup.

Well scoring four against the might of Tahiti was some achievement.

Shame Thiago Silva used him as his personal bi*ch last night.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #79: Jul 01, 2013 05:09:50 pm
      The aura of invincibility LFC gave Torres was diminished the day he departed.

We made him the most feared striker in Europe.

We made the Chavs look stupid into paying £50 mil.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #80: Jul 01, 2013 05:18:30 pm

:laugh:
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #81: Jul 01, 2013 05:20:31 pm
      Well scoring four against the might of Tahiti was some achievement.

Although I don't think I would have Torres back personally, I must say that Thiago Silva has a lot of personal bi*ches.  ;D
      bgwdivemaster
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts |
      Reply #82: Jul 04, 2013 05:18:58 am
      Ill never forget the way Torres creeped out of town in the middle of the night. What a traitor "I never kissed the badge" blah blah blah. No way.
      csu_rams
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #83: Jul 08, 2013 12:30:11 am
      Torres should retire indeed!
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #84: Jul 09, 2013 05:47:58 pm
      dont lose any sleep on this - it wont be happening.  what we can take pleasure in is that the player torres was for the bulk of the time he was here; he is not that player now and he must know it.  imagine torres in one of the really great liverpool sides  what a team that would be. Michael Owen recently said that he realised he was not the player he once was and that that was one of the reasons for retiring.  torres seems totally busted as a top striker - that must be hard to contemplate for him, lets face it he's not that old
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #85: Jul 10, 2013 12:32:01 am
      Still get hit by waves of sadness about how close we were to having a strike force of Torres and Suarez with Stevie behind.
      I would have loved to have seen that just for one season.
      pap0169
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 49 posts |
      Reply #86: Aug 07, 2013 03:20:05 pm
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #87: Aug 07, 2013 03:45:19 pm

Reading that back, years later with zero emotion, he makes complete sense....

"I never kissed the Liverpool badge. Never. No. No. I never did. I see some players doing that one week after joining a club, but the romanticism in football has gone. It's different now. People are coming and leaving." The shirt is a uniform not a skin.

"I only want to score goals and do my job. When I was born in Madrid, I was not a Liverpool fan or a Chelsea fan. I was an Atletico fan. I still am. They're the only badge I will kiss.

"I understand the fans will be angry. I am a fan of Atletico and couldn't understand when some of the top players left. Football is like this: from one day to another, people love you and then hate you."

"I took the decision to leave Liverpool because I heard about Chelsea's interest. When you have a chance of winning the Champions League and the Premier League, competing with the best, you can't say no.

"Chelsea were pushing hard for me and I really wanted to leave Liverpool, so I told them straight. I explained my situation, my feelings, and was honest with everyone – face to face. That was maybe 10 or 12 days before the window closed."

"Stevie G was one of the first who called me and supported me, hoping the best for me maybe because he was in that situation once [flirting with Chelsea]. He's been a very good friend and team-mate from the first to the last."
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,356 posts | 8614 
      Reply #88: Aug 07, 2013 03:47:38 pm

He's being honest there though, he's not a Liverpool fan, he's an Atletico fan!
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #89: Aug 07, 2013 03:48:40 pm
      He's about 3 years past it. Need to stop living in the past here
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #90: Aug 07, 2013 04:08:08 pm
      In hindsight I think Torres left in a far more respectful way in comparison to the approach Suarez has taken. He was honest about his feelings, the club wasn't in the best place at the time and we were offered ridiculous money. Still wouldn't take him back we have all moved on.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #91: Aug 08, 2013 04:27:17 am
      What's so bad about that? Said what he really felt straight up. Not like some other gobs***e.

Quick Reply