Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Simon Mignolet Player Thread: > Club Bruges

Read 314913 times
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Simon Mignolet Player Thread
      Reply #1357: Nov 27, 2015 12:02:56 am
       :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :mad: ;D

‘You wait almost as long as Simon Mignolet taking a kick,’ he said to one reporter taking his time asking a question.
      Brilliant stuff. No wonder everyone loves him…    ;D

Just seen the highlights.

What F**k was he doing with that ball?

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #1358: Nov 27, 2015 12:04:12 am
      I've defended him a bit on here at times by he's really starting to piss me off.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #1359: Nov 27, 2015 12:21:11 am
      I like the way Klopp joked about the incident. Takes the pressure of Mignolet. Good strategy in general. He probably bollocks them in private but not for mistakes like that, more likely for not putting effort in.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1360: Nov 27, 2015 01:55:40 am
      I've defended him a bit on here at times by he's really starting to piss me off.

Yep, he doesn't help himself does he.

He never releases the ball early and it gets on my tits.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1361: Nov 27, 2015 06:30:11 am
      Sorry but this just speaks to the general attitude of players like Mignolet.  You can take Mignolet out of Sunderland but you can't take Sunderland out of Mignolet.  It's why players like him, Joseph, Downing, Carroll etc never looke(d) arsed half the time: because they were playing for midtable (or worse) clubs their whole lives, where there was never any pressure to win.  If you are at Sunderland and finish 15th, eh, so what, you're still in the league no problem.  So you lose a game, eh, you win some you lose some etc.

So on top of Mignolet being a rubbish keeper, that approach makes him do stuff like he did yesterday.  I mean FFS you play for Liverpool Football Club, you are supposed to do everything possible to win every game.  On top of that, it's 0-0, we're playing AT ANFIELD, against a rubbish team, we should be ramming it down their throats every opportunity.  What does he do?  oh he looks left, looks right, bounces the ball a couple times.... why?  because winning is not an urgent thing for him.  "Oh I'll get around to kicking the ball sooner or later, what's the rush...."

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1362: Nov 27, 2015 07:07:54 am
      Yep, he doesn't help himself does he.

He never releases the ball early and it gets on my tits.

Not trying to defend Mignolet (at least not too much ) but maybe the goal we conceded against Man City caused him to hesitate and change his mind about his distribution yesterday.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1363: Nov 27, 2015 08:13:27 am
      Mignolet  has to go A.S.A.P ,he  is not up to the standard we expect from Liverpool goalies.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1364: Nov 27, 2015 08:31:06 am
      Get rid of him as soon as possible.

Mignolet  has to go A.S.A.P ,he  is not up to the standard we expect from Liverpool goalies.

Utterly useless. An embarrassment, shambles and utterly out of his depth. Would not start for any other Premier League team.

' nuff said methinks.

Time to pack his bags.

Overstayed welcome . Knee jerk after Pepe .
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1365: Nov 27, 2015 08:31:43 am
      2 Shots on target, Migs concedes 1 again... when are people going to finally realise he's not even a good shot stopper?

As for what he did holding on to the ball it's been a problem for as long as he's been here. The same for the shaky clearances, he needs binning as quickly as possible.

A liability and has been masquerading as a goalkeeper for far too long.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1366: Nov 27, 2015 08:32:32 am
      Overstayed welcome . Knee jerk after Pepe .

Another Rodger's classic, cheers Bren!

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1367: Nov 27, 2015 11:17:21 am
      I think Bogdan is better than Mignolet.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #1368: Nov 27, 2015 11:28:57 am
      I think Bogdan is better than Mignolet.

He isn't.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1369: Nov 27, 2015 11:40:15 am
      Not trying to defend Mignolet (at least not too much ) but maybe the goal we conceded against Man City caused him to hesitate and change his mind about his distribution yesterday.

Nah F**k that Saint, that's stretching it.  :)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1370: Nov 27, 2015 11:43:52 am

Said with confidence Si, not sure I agree with you because at this point I think we'd struggle to do worse than Mignolet.

Distribution - sh*te.
      Tempo - sh*te.
      Command of area - sh*te.
      Shot Stopping - below average.
      Leadership - sh*te.
      Handling - sh*te.
      Clearances - sh*te.
      Punching - couldn't get out of a wet paper bag.

Bogdan, even if he is terrible (which I don't believe he is) should be in the first team because terrible is currently better than the complete and utter liability that is Migs.

Take a read of how he was doing at Bolton back in the day:

http://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/2012/10/28/3566126/problem-areas-a-look-at-adam-bogdan-and-the-goals-per-game

Just for clarity it beats the sh*t out of Migs' less than 2.0 ratio he's held consistently throughout his entire time with us.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #1371: Nov 27, 2015 12:27:05 pm

Disagree, the first team games he has played he's looked better, safer handling too.

Ming is a walking F**k up of a keeper and we need shut pronto!!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1372: Nov 27, 2015 12:35:48 pm
      Still can't F***ing believe the goal we conceded to Bordeaux. I've tried my best to focus on the goods of Mignolet as opposed to his faults, and I do think people are too quick to blame him for anything (such as the goal Aguero scored vs us), but he keeps on giving us reasons to doubt his future at the club. I've got to think Klopp has a couple of names on his mind, hopefully to bring to LFC as early as January.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1373: Nov 27, 2015 12:53:44 pm
      Disagree, the first team games he has played he's looked better, safer handling too.

Ming is a walking f**k up of a keeper and we need shut pronto!!

You don't remember the first goal he conceded, in Europe against Rubin IIRC?

Shocking.

Those hedging their bets on ginger do so in hope more than anything else.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,498 posts | 2869 
      Reply #1374: Nov 27, 2015 01:05:45 pm

Shocking.

His debut was against Carlisle wasn't it? Probably could have done better with the goal but to be fair he did respond with three penalty saves (or something like that) and went on to have a good game in the next round v Bournemouth.

Maybe taking Mignolet out of the firing line for a bit might be the best thing, he did respond well to getting dropped last season.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #1375: Nov 27, 2015 01:33:17 pm

Shocking.

Not really all Bogdans fault was it? Our midfield and defence parting like the red F***ing sea didn't help!!

We still need a proper No. 1 - but for the moment could Bogdan do any worse than Ming the Merciless?

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #1376: Nov 27, 2015 01:36:50 pm
      To the replies above I'm not saying we don't need a new keeper, we do, but all things being equal and in top form I don't think Bogdan is a better keeper then Mignolet.

Would be against giving him a game though as Migs form doesn't look like improving any time soon.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1377: Nov 27, 2015 01:44:42 pm
      To the replies above I'm not saying we don't need a new keeper, we do, but all things being equal and in top form I don't think Bogdan is a better keeper then Mignolet.

Would be against giving him a game though as Migs form doesn't look like improving any time soon.

Yeah I agree. Bogdan isn't a solution, maybe just a sticky plaster to carry us over for a short while.

I feel sorry for Simon. He's a nice guy and he is an excellent shot stopper. But his qualities elsewhere are non existent. The mistake yesterday was breaking new boundaries in the realm of goalkeeping gaffes. You see his gaffes have becomes less conventional and are quite 'underground' now.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,705 posts | 7164 
      Reply #1378: Nov 27, 2015 01:49:08 pm
      It is a position that needs serious consideration. We let a perfectly good goal keeper go for almost nothing we will not be able to buy someone like that for pennies. I am not an expert on goalkeepers anyone got any suggestions?. Valdes is angry enough to piss UTD off by coming here.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1379: Nov 27, 2015 01:54:37 pm
      It is a position that needs serious consideration. We let a perfectly good goal keeper go for almost nothing we will not be able to buy someone like that for pennies. I am not an expert on goalkeepers anyone got any suggestions?. Valdes is angry enough to piss UTD off by coming here.

Valdes is fine but he can't be a long term solution surely? I'm sure Jürgen has a few in mind!

Quick Reply