Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 6th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W8 D1 L6

Will Hughes (Derby)

Read 14941 times
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Will Hughes (Derby)
      Aug 20, 2013 11:48:44 pm
      Some reports saying we are about to tie up a £6million deal for this 18 year old hot prospect. Basis his play on Xavi and Iniesta, 'reportedly' Barca have a dossier on him. Seems just like the sort Brendan wants.

From the basis of this article from back in December, it seems as if the lad has the right attitude along with the potential. Some of his modest quotes should make Sterling sit up and take note, even if he doesn't come to Liverpool.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20769208
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,288 posts | 4938 
      Re: Will Hughes (Derby)
      Reply #1: Aug 20, 2013 11:51:51 pm
      Another kid we can sign up now ready for future sell on no doubt.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,923 posts | 965 
      Reply #2: Aug 21, 2013 12:45:46 am
      Only seen him once in the recent U21 game against Scotland, but he looked head and shoulders above the rest on the field including Sterling.  Looks a real talent this one!!
      luckofirish8
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 454 posts | 20 
      Reply #3: Aug 21, 2013 02:47:49 am
      He doesn't cost £20+million and come with the tag of marquee...he must be sh*t.  In all seriousness, there are some massive whiners on here at the moment.  I couldn't careless how much someone cost or what they can be sold for.  I only care about results, and the season just started.  If this youngster can help get LFC wins now or in the future, then sign him up. 

Back to reading the transfer obituaries of doom and gloom.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #4: Aug 21, 2013 05:16:48 am
      He's a cracking player.  Best mate at work is a Derby County supporter so I've seen him in a few games, he's going to be a superstar someday.  I don't know if the hype about him being the next Gerrard is appropriate though, he's best when he is in advanced positions, don't see him being the box-to-box player Stevie was in his prime.  But maybe with time he can become that.

Would love for us to sign him.  Best plan would be to sign him this window, let Derby keep him on loan to the end of the season, and bring him into the fold next summer once we move on Henderson and/or Joseph Allen. 

Though the lad is in dire need of a new hairstyle mind.
      wghennessy
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #5: Aug 21, 2013 05:23:17 am
      He's a cracking player.  Best mate at work is a Derby County supporter so I've seen him in a few games, he's going to be a superstar someday.  I don't know if the hype about him being the next Gerrard is appropriate though, he's best when he is in advanced positions, don't see him being the box-to-box player Stevie was in his prime.  But maybe with time he can become that.

Would love for us to sign him.  Best plan would be to sign him this window, let Derby keep him on loan to the end of the season, and bring him into the fold next summer once we move on Henderson and/or Joseph Allen. 

Though the lad is in dire need of a new hairstyle mind.

This, he's a good player is Hughes with a lot of potential.

Big LFC fan aswell.
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #6: Aug 21, 2013 05:37:45 am
      If there's a host of top-flight clubs potentially in for him there's a fair chance Cloughie will shepherd him our way.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #7: Aug 21, 2013 06:38:08 am
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,303 posts | 768 
      Reply #8: Aug 21, 2013 06:52:33 am
      Sounds an exciting prospect for the club, that's if we can sign him up before someone else steps in, and beats us to his signature.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,977 posts | 3059 
      Reply #9: Aug 21, 2013 07:13:07 am
      No problem us nabbing this kid - read about and watched him for a bit and he's quality.

But not at the expense of first pick, first teamers!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #10: Aug 21, 2013 08:45:44 am
      Heard a lot about this lad, all good I might add too.  Quite happy if we get him but it's that 'if' again.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #11: Aug 21, 2013 11:46:55 am
      Another kid we can sign up now ready for future sell on no doubt.
      name one performing player we have sold this window. Please don't say Reina. If I had to choose between Reina or Mignolet I might have chosen Mignolet also.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #12: Aug 21, 2013 11:58:24 am
      name one performing player we have sold this window. Please don't say Reina. If I had to choose between Reina or Mignolet I might have chosen Mignolet also.

We didn't sell Reina he's out on loan.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #13: Aug 21, 2013 12:13:24 pm
      We didn't sell Reina he's out on loan.
      good point I forgot about that.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #14: Aug 21, 2013 02:01:57 pm
      I've heard a lot about this kid and he's pretty highly rated from everything I hear. Federer's post about signing him now and loaning him back for the rest of the season would be a good shout.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #15: Aug 21, 2013 02:05:56 pm
      This, he's a good player is Hughes with a lot of potential.

Big LFC fan aswell.

Big LFC fan, didn't know that!

I'm a fan of the young man, think he's destined to be very good indeed. £6m, I don't think that's a lot to pay for a potential high quality player.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,288 posts | 4938 
      Reply #16: Aug 21, 2013 02:07:00 pm

You did read that I wrote future in my post right?
      « Last Edit: Aug 21, 2013 02:16:24 pm by srslfc »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #17: Aug 21, 2013 02:10:40 pm
      You did read that i wrote future in my post right?
      so now your a psychic. Can you please tell me the lottery numbers.  ;D
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #18: Aug 21, 2013 02:19:02 pm
      The lads quality, seen him quite a few times now and been impressed every time I do. In all honest the figure being touted is not half bad if it's a total fee with add on's included. That said if Derby have any sense if/when they do ship him on I'd be fighting for future add on's.

When you look at Zaha's initial fee being £10m, Bale/Walcott going for an initial £5m, I can envisage it being an initial £6m with massive add on's.

I quote the above three as imo Hughes is of the same ilk at this point in his career that the above three were, when there 'big club' move came about. Certainly like the idea of buying with view to him getting another full season under his belt loaned back out to Derby if reports are true.
      Wiggy
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 293 posts | 21 
      Reply #19: Aug 21, 2013 02:39:06 pm
      Some reports saying we are about to tie up a £6million deal for this 18 year old hot prospect. Basis his play on Xavi and Iniesta, 'reportedly' Barca have a dossier on him. Seems just like the sort Brendan wants.

From the basis of this article from back in December, it seems as if the lad has the right attitude along with the potential. Some of his modest quotes should make Sterling sit up and take note, even if he doesn't come to Liverpool.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20769208

I've heard negotiations have stalled after we have refused to offer more than the players true worth, £5.9m. There was also some debate bout who would pick up his Megabus travel costs for a medical!  :f_tongueincheek:

I'd be really happy with this if i didnt think that this is going to be Brendans 'really exciting' signing!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #20: Aug 21, 2013 03:08:02 pm
      Would be really excited if we signed this lad, admittedly I haven't seen as much of him as I would have liked but I know a lot of people who have and they all say only good things about him. (Plus, he's awesome on FM 8))

£6M doesn't sound like too much money for him and though the idea of loaning him back to Derby doesn't sound too bad I think he might even have a part to play for us right now.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,405 posts | 2827 
      Reply #21: Aug 21, 2013 06:32:03 pm
      This lad is going to be an absolute star. 6m and a loan back would be great business.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,355 posts | 1534 
      Reply #22: Aug 21, 2013 08:59:59 pm
      Our only hope of landing him is if he really is a massive Liverpool fan.  Otherwise see Spurs/utd/city/chelsea, we always seem to be at the bottom of the pecking order of late.

Quick Reply