Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Victor Moses (Chelsea)

Read 25573 times
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Victor Moses (Chelsea)
      Aug 25, 2013 10:49:33 pm
      According to The Times, we want Moses on loan from Chelsea.

This is a deal I could see coming off, as Chelsea have more than enough cover in his position, to the point where I'd be surprised if he ends up making the bench once this season, never mind starting.

Only thing to consider is whether or not Mourinho considers us a threat. I know he said that they're are 6 teams fighting for the title who all won on the opening day (so you'd assume we were one of those teams he was talking about) but he does like to get people's attention with wild comments like that does Jose, so I doubt he actually considers us a contender for the title.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind him. Obviously I'd still want us to try and sign somebody of similar quality to mkhitaryan / willian etc. but as a seperate matter, I think this would be a decent move.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Re: Victor Moses (Chelsea)
      Reply #1: Aug 25, 2013 10:53:23 pm
      I rate Moses quite highly, I think he'd be pretty good for us.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #2: Aug 25, 2013 10:56:45 pm
      l like mosses think he got greatpace,and wont mind him here,
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,323 posts | 4958 
      Reply #3: Aug 25, 2013 10:59:02 pm
      As I said in General Gossip if this deal is for real it's a piss take.

Loan one team's young player who will potentially hold back on eof our own?

Not on for me and I'd rather give Sterling and Ibe the chance and force FSG to spend some F***ing money.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Reply #4: Aug 25, 2013 11:04:56 pm
      #LFC will try to secure Moses on reduced terms. He earns £55,000 a week at Chelsea and Liverpool are reluctant to match that. (Daily Mail)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,471 posts | 2859 
      Reply #5: Aug 25, 2013 11:06:03 pm
      Sterling out on loan maybe? Moses and Ibe to cover Suarez and a new left sided player?

That's what I'm hoping anyway! Wouldn't surprise me to see this one go through on deadline day though after a couple of failed bids on better players.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #6: Aug 25, 2013 11:09:22 pm
      Sterling out on loan maybe? Moses and Ibe to cover Suarez and a new left sided player?

That's what I'm hoping anyway! Wouldn't surprise me to see this one go through on deadline day though after a couple of failed bids on better players.

Surely Ibe out on loan and Sterling and Moses to cover Suarez?
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #7: Aug 25, 2013 11:14:02 pm
      The one worrying thing is that Rodgers said he was looking to bring in 1st team quality players. If we're signing Moses, it could mean that we're signing him to play in our first team. And he did say we needed a left winger. Just adding 2+2 together.

But i can't say for sure. I like the player and i honestly think he can be a very good addition to the ranks, but we need so much more than Moses. Rodgers is the first to know that though.

If we don't sign anyone else, even with failed bids, i'd hate to see the reaction from fans.

As a squad player, he'd be a very good player for us in that role.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,323 posts | 4958 
      Reply #8: Aug 25, 2013 11:16:49 pm
      The one worrying thing is that Rodgers said he was looking to bring in 1st team quality players. If we're signing Moses, it could mean that we're signing him to play in our first team. And he did say we needed a left winger. Just adding 2+2 together.

Your exactly right to think this as we've been told it for going on six weeks now.

And if a loan deal for a young player not much ahead of two of our own young lads is the best FSG can come up with for the manager then they are an even bigger bunch of cu*ts than we thought they were.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #9: Aug 25, 2013 11:19:39 pm
      Why not just buy him? If the club rate him. Loaning players from other PL teams is pointless for us, we wont get 100% performances from him.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #10: Aug 25, 2013 11:21:26 pm
      Your exactly right to think this as we've been told it for going on six weeks now.

And if a loan deal for a young player not much ahead of two of our own young lads is the best FSG can come up with for the manager then they are an even bigger bunch of cu*ts than we thought they were.

If you want a positive, we can fluff up his hair, then he will look just like william

£2 million loan fee is too much. We should have learnt that from the Sahin deal.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,323 posts | 4958 
      Reply #11: Aug 25, 2013 11:23:40 pm
      FSG: What's that Brendan? The next guy on your list is available on loan and only for a £2M loan fee?

Brendan: Yes sirs.

FSG: Where's that phone.

Brendan: That easy?

FSG: Told you we'd compete with anyone. Now let's get this guy in before West Brom or someone gets a sniff.
      « Last Edit: Aug 25, 2013 11:30:53 pm by srslfc »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #12: Aug 25, 2013 11:30:18 pm
      No problem with Moses coming as a squad player. He's obviously got talent and is someone Brendan could utilise. But I simply refuse to believe that this is the standard of target we've had to resort to and I simply don't believe this is what Brendan had in mind at the start of the summer. Christ almighty, it's taking me back to those dark days of chasing Konchesky and Carlton Cole three years back the only difference being that those WERE prime targets. Got to be honest - I'm f**king furious! I simply don't know what FSG are doing any more. Do they think we will accept Suarez staying as some sort of 'success story' for the summer and the rest as a bonus.

Well they can go to f**k if they think that.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #13: Aug 25, 2013 11:35:42 pm
      Why not just buy him? If the club rate him. Loaning players from other PL teams is pointless for us, we wont get 100% performances from him.

I see what you mean mate. I've made no secret over the current transfer window that I majorly dislike the loan system. I think it's okay with young players but I do think LFC haven't used it well, loaning established players out instead of pushing for an outright sell. Anyway, I always like to build a connection with a player when we sign them. I find it difficult to do that with loan players.

However, I would sooner have him on loan than speaking £10m+ on him. He is yet to really prove himself but if he can come in here and do a decent job, who knows, maybe we will buy him.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #14: Aug 25, 2013 11:38:03 pm
      We're a club who should be buying people, not loaning.

As John Henry said, we won't be making the same mistakes as in last transfer window.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,323 posts | 4958 
      Reply #15: Aug 25, 2013 11:38:29 pm
      We shoudn't even be entertaining the idea of loaning Victor Moses.

Sterling and to a lesser extent Ibe are quite capable of doing what he will do in our squad and if this is the only thing the owners can come up with for Brendan's player for the 'top left' then it beggars belief.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #16: Aug 25, 2013 11:39:21 pm
      No problem with Moses coming as a squad player. He's obviously got talent and is someone Brendan could utilise. But I simply refuse to believe that this is the standard of target we've had to resort to and I simply don't believe this is what Brendan had in mind at the start of the summer. Christ almighty,

Sadly I have to totally agree Franks. No harm to the lad himself but it can't be right; can it?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,323 posts | 4958 
      Reply #17: Aug 25, 2013 11:41:16 pm
      Sadly I have to totally agree Franks. No harm to the lad himself but it can't be right; can it?

No need for the question mark Mouse.

It's as far from right as you can get.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #18: Aug 25, 2013 11:45:07 pm
      too much ask fsg spent 20 million plus for two good players,
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #19: Aug 25, 2013 11:52:12 pm

I really feel that I've been as lenient to FSG as anyone but they really are testing me now and for any manager or scouting department to consult their 'Z list' after all what has gone on this summer is really taking the piss. Like you said it is desperately scary and its now come to the stage where I am questioning what FSG's real 'ambitions' for this club are. The cynicism has set in and sometimes it only takes a small story like this to throw me over.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #20: Aug 25, 2013 11:53:25 pm
      I see what you mean mate. I've made no secret over the current transfer window that I majorly dislike the loan system. I think it's okay with young players but I do think LFC haven't used it well, loaning established players out instead of pushing for an outright sell. Anyway, I always like to build a connection with a player when we sign them. I find it difficult to do that with loan players.

However, I would sooner have him on loan than speaking £10m+ on him. He is yet to really prove himself but if he can come in here and do a decent job, who knows, maybe we will buy him.
      Ye im the same Semps, find it hard to take to players loaned in. How much did Chelsea pay for him? I wouldn't give anymore than 6-7m for him, he has in all fairness flopped for them.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #21: Aug 25, 2013 11:57:18 pm
      No doubt that hes a good player but really dont see why we should get him? Surely just going to hamper any chances of Sterling + Ibe's development, and I would pray that we would sign a high(ish) quality 'top left' player as BR has quoted rather than getting Moses, who plays the majority of his games wide right. Strange one to say the least
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,323 posts | 4958 
      Reply #22: Aug 25, 2013 11:58:22 pm
      The cynicism has set in and sometimes it only takes a small story like this to throw me over.

If your thinking about going over mate I'm in the water already.

Like you I was lenient at the start but from last year onwards gradually opened my eyes to what these guys are all about.

I don't see any going back for me now.

If Brendan succeeds this season, and I badly want him to, it will be despite these arseholes and not because of them.

Quick Reply