Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Mignolet
      1 (0.9%)
      Johnson
      2 (1.8%)
      Toure
      3 (2.6%)
      Cissokho
      1 (0.9%)
      Wisdom
      0 (0%)
      Alberto
      0 (0%)
      Gerrard
      8 (7%)
      Allen
      1 (0.9%)
      Sterling
      14 (12.3%)
      Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Sturridge
      71 (62.3%)
      Agger (Sub)
      0 (0%)
      Coutinho (Sub)
      1 (0.9%)
      Henderson (Sub)
      12 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Liverpool 4:2 Notts County. In game & post match discussion.

Read 25277 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Notts County (League Cup Rd2)
      Reply #391: Aug 27, 2013 10:32:28 pm
      10 men. Extra time. But 2 more goals seal it.  Sturridge again steps up, rating this guy more and more. And Hendo did something you wouldn't see Allen do - super goal.
      That's a game that we'd a lost last year, but we have that bit of quality and sharpness in our play start of this season that has impressed.

Toure injury is a downer. People will get injured, can't prevent it, but it's a headache for the scum match.

Don't know why we played so many first teamers. If we can't play the other lads in a Capital Cup match again Notts County, when can we play em. They need game time, and we need to give the other boys a break.

BUT ... another win, maybe BR wanted to ensure we kept the winning run going before the weekend. Excellent start to the season continues.... :)  Credit the lads and BR where it's due.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #392: Aug 27, 2013 10:32:44 pm
      Well we're through and that's what we came to do but with Ally, Allen and Kolo picking up injuries it was a painful cost.

Mignolet, looked dodgy on a couple of crosses, his shot stopping is undeniable but still plenty to improve on there and think it will cost us a few times this year.

Cissokho, unlucky to pick up his injury and looked gutted as you'd imagine.

Dagger, didn't really do too much wrong, hit the post and missed another good opportunity, hard to fault for either of their goals.

Kolo, defended well and burst forward on occasion, hope it's only a minor strain asked that could really hurt us if we bring nobody else in.

Wisdom, bloody terrible again, no confidence in the lad, think he started last season well, went downhill and hasn't come back up yet. Needs to drop back down a level and am not convinced he'll make it to be honest.

Johnson, absolute shocker. This lad has become a real liability and I'd like him dropped for Kelly as soon as Kelly is fit.

Gerrard, played well, great assist for Sturridge and did a lot of the donkey work, hope he can perform on Sunday as that kind of thing stays in the older legs for longer.

Allen, bloody crap, sorry Joe even against Notts County you look average. His only telling contribution was recovering for someone at right back and the touch before Gerrard's assist, not good enough.

Alberto, very average, looks slow, can pass but nothing really of any substance.

Ibe, thought he was excellent first half, faded in the second but always wanted it, always moving and wanting to create.

Sterling, Bertie big bollocks, wanted to do everything and while he scored a good goal lost the ball on countless occasions when there were better options. Needs to take stock and realise he's not as good as the hype but still has tonnes of potential. If he applies himself he can be outstanding, if he lets it go to his head it could be over before he even knows it.

Sturridge, outstanding, MotM by a country mile, brilliant play some awesome touches and both goals had the extra bit of quality we were lacking in midfield.

Hendo: Did brilliant when coming on, 3 cracking challenges and a superb goal to seal the deal, use the bloody confidence that should give you, such a frustrating talent.

Coutinho: Didn't really have a massive impact but still looked classy on the ball, rarely losing it and buying us time when we were down to 10 by winning lots of free-kicks.
      I agree.  I think Johnson, Allen and Wisdom aren't Liverpool quality. I think they need to go. We need to replace them asap.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #393: Aug 27, 2013 10:33:17 pm
      God damn we really fu**ed up there. I know we won but Kolo got injured post 90 so that is a major issue for us now. fu**ed up!

Danny Sturridge is the Dogs!

So its just the 2nd half of 90 where we cant perform - all other halves we are fine! Ha RIDONCULOUS! Hopefully we are hammering UTD 3-4 nil before half time on sunday or we could be in a spot of bother second half!
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #394: Aug 27, 2013 10:33:22 pm
      tbh.. we really need need a few players.  CB for sure.  LB / RB as well. 

then bulk up depth for midfields. 

strikers we should be ok with suarez hopefully staying.

for anyone that has played competitive ball... depth is a huge reason for success.  a season is extremely long so injuries will happen. teams that have proved to be winners have always had players that can step in and the quality of the output doesnt dip.  I truthfully cant say that for our side here. 

That imo is a reason why I think aresenal will struggle this year as well.  the season is young now but once you get into the 20+ games... if they dont get new blood, they will sink.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,590 posts | 7141 
      Reply #395: Aug 27, 2013 10:34:06 pm
      his mum
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,118 posts | 3370 
      Reply #396: Aug 27, 2013 10:34:19 pm
      Well done boys, another win for us. Three from three, another brace for Danny, Raheem showing great quality and Jordy rounding the night off with a belting goal at the end.

Few problems but we got through and that's the most important thing, we're in the hat.

Can't be arsed getting bogged down or upset with the negative points, it's a Cup game and the most important thing for any Cup competition is being in it. We're still in it so I'm happy.

Well done Reds.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,600 posts | 1104 
      Reply #397: Aug 27, 2013 10:34:52 pm
      WTF voted for jonno as motm ....diabolical!!
      Tommy#Benfica
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts | 12 
      Reply #398: Aug 27, 2013 10:35:05 pm
      Losing Cissokho and Touré... a bad night.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,590 posts | 7141 
      Reply #399: Aug 27, 2013 10:35:48 pm
      I can understand naval gazing after a defeat but after a win put it in the bag and move on.
      wolves76
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 84 posts |
      Reply #400: Aug 27, 2013 10:36:22 pm
      No Skrtel, no Coates, Sissokomgetting injured in the first minute. how was Kolo not going to be involved tonight? Direct your frustrations at our shitty skin flint owners and Ian Ayre and the threadbare squad Brendan is having to work with at the moment.

Hands up who would swap having those three lads back fit for a loss tonight. I'd bite ya hand off.

Im not ignoring the owners. I just hadnt got round to them. We do need another centre half...of course we do but it is the manager who picks the team.  We badly needed Toure for Sunday and he should IMO have played Wisdom in the centre which I think is his better position than at right back. Kolo is going to struggle to play three games a week and he has been immense so far. I really hope the injury is not as bad as it looks and to answer your question although gutted over the injuries Ill still take the victory.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,485 posts | 344 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #401: Aug 27, 2013 10:37:40 pm
      I thought Sterling played a blinder in fairness, don't get the whole bring him down a peg talk. Overall we did play well, Toure at fault for their first goal but one mistake isn't something to crucify him over.

Alberto didn't really bring that much to the team tonight in my opinion. Ibe as good as he is going to be still needs to work hard, running into brick walls 50% of the time but in the coming months I'll expect him to run rings around some of the defenders in the league.

Johnson is too predictable down the flank, always cuts inside.

Sturridge is on fire though, lets hope he can continue that on Sunday. Coutinho is going to be the difference on Sunday in my opinion, if he and Mignolet both play well on Sunday I think we can win it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,300 posts | 4946 
      Reply #402: Aug 27, 2013 10:39:25 pm
      I thought Sterling played a blinder in fairness, don't get the whole bring him down a peg talk.

So did I but I also thought Alberto played well when he was on and most disagree.

Raheem did fade as the game went on thoguh and no one really covered themselves in glory second half.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,984 posts | 3061 
      Reply #403: Aug 27, 2013 10:40:02 pm
      Great result and good spirit.

In a cup competition that's all that matters.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #404: Aug 27, 2013 10:41:02 pm
      toure lt look like groin stain so that be about 3 weeks least no games after man utd game hope sign cback now
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,485 posts | 344 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #405: Aug 27, 2013 10:41:15 pm
      So did I but I also thought Alberto played well when he was on and most disagree.

Raheem did fade as the game went on thoguh and no one really covered themselves in glory second half.

I think Alberto is a good player, just didn't do enough in my eyes I suppose tonight.
      You're right though, we didn't play anywhere as well in the second half. (plagued by complacency last season and we can see that creeping back in again)
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #406: Aug 27, 2013 10:42:37 pm
      I thought Sterling played a blinder in fairness, don't get the whole bring him down a peg talk. Overall we did play well, Toure at fault for their first goal but one mistake isn't something to crucify him over.

Alberto didn't really bring that much to the team tonight in my opinion. Ibe as good as he is going to be still needs to work hard, running into brick walls 50% of the time but in the coming months I'll expect him to run rings around some of the defenders in the league.

Johnson is too predictable down the flank, always cuts inside.

Sturridge is on fire though, lets hope he can continue that on Sunday. Coutinho is going to be the difference on Sunday in my opinion, if he and Mignolet both play well on Sunday I think we can win it.

i hope we can win it too... but who is going to stop RVP, Rooney, welbeck and co on their attk?  I can picture Agger standing alone as they come storming down.  This headache thankfully is not ours to solve... it is BRs job :)

anyways, a win is a win... as much as it was frustrating at times... we got the result we required.
      lfcsupporter01
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #407: Aug 27, 2013 10:44:02 pm
      Looked pretty poor at some point, but fortunately got into the next round. Kolo's injury worries the most, cause he's done so well so far. Hopefully we'll get a CB in the remaining time (SAKHO) ...
      wolves76
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 84 posts |
      Reply #408: Aug 27, 2013 10:45:45 pm
      i hope we can win it too... but who is going to step RVP, Rooney, welbeck and co on their attk?  I can picture Agger standing alone as they come storming down.  This headache thankfully is not ours to solve... it is BRs job :)

anyways, a win is a win... as much as it was frustrating at times... we got the result we required.

maybe we can sign and register a centre half before sunday? Not ideal but what are the other options?  Wisdom in the centre with agger?  Everyone else is injured.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #409: Aug 27, 2013 10:49:16 pm
      Whilst I can fully understand Brendan playing a strong line up (remember he got roasted last year for resting players and going out of the cups) I would actually swap having those players back for being in the next round. We've made a great start in the league and a win on Sunday would be MASSIVE for this side but if we're missing big Toure I really. Don't have a great deal of faith. Agger aside we don't have any Fit centre-halves by the looks of it. I like Wisdom but if I'm truthful, I don't think he is good enough,  he had some nice displays at RB at times last season but at CB he has looked a million miles off it. He was poor tonight and he had a shocker in the build up game with Celtic. The fact he is currently our 4th choice is another example of the club dragging their heels when it comes to transfer deals and as a result we are looking very vulnerable all of a sudden. We should have another one on the way in by now but it's painful slow, we just get rid of players instead, another one gone today and the cupboard is bare.

Everyone get your fingers crossed for Kolo.
      Dalglish terdar 12
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #410: Aug 27, 2013 10:49:26 pm
      Great bottle by the lads to see this through. Sturridge proving again he is world class. Best striker in the league by a distance for me after Luis. Van Persie is looking leggy this season, could be a great opportunity for Sturridge to get top scorer and POTY, if the media weren't so out to get us!!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,300 posts | 4946 
      Reply #411: Aug 27, 2013 10:50:07 pm
      maybe we can sign and register a centre half before sunday?

No way.

Transfers take ages these days. ;)
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,493 posts | 232 
      Reply #412: Aug 27, 2013 10:50:44 pm
      maybe we can sign and register a centre half before sunday? Not ideal but what are the other options?  Wisdom in the centre with agger?  Everyone else is injured.

Might see Lloyd Jones on the bench...or Sama. Who knows.

What's Razor Ruddock up to nowadays  ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,300 posts | 4946 
      Reply #413: Aug 27, 2013 10:52:02 pm
      What's Razor Ruddock up to nowadays  ;D

Eating far too much.

Quick Reply