Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 13th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool > Crystal Palace)

Read 210611 times
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,504 posts | 234 
      Re: Mamadou Sakho Player Thread
      Reply #1081: Sep 18, 2015 06:08:04 pm
      Sakho > Sacko

Great to see him signed a contract
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #1082: Sep 18, 2015 06:21:36 pm
      Future Captain.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1083: Sep 18, 2015 06:21:37 pm
      Skrtel and Lovren are so bad I would quite happily put in a half fit Toure and Sakho.

I actually think Toure get's a bit of a bad name where false myth goes before his name. False myth goes before Skrtel's name yet that's a positive false myth (the 'he goes into a Burger King and orders a Big Mac' reputation covers for his his impotent mute performances on field). I remember Toure's superb performance at the Bernabeu last season where he bailed Skrtel out of the sh*t so many times it turned out to be, in my view, the best individual defensive performance of that season. Should pursue with Toure and Sakho.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1084: Sep 18, 2015 06:34:44 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1085: Sep 18, 2015 06:39:15 pm

Hopefully. I genuinely believe that Mamadou has all the assets in being our best central defender since big Sami. Best news of the season so far is us tying him down to a long term contract.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,438 posts | 6429 
      Reply #1086: Sep 18, 2015 06:39:35 pm
      New contract, great performance last night.....so why was he not favored in the games prior? Just stupid.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1087: Sep 18, 2015 06:41:31 pm
      Hopefully. I genuinely believe that Mamadou has all the assets in being our best central defender since big Sami. Best news of the season so far is us tying him down to a long term contract.

Couldn't agree more, hopefully last night's display made Brendan see the light and promise him a proper run in the side from now on. I'm sure Mama was smart enough to put % in terms of first team opportunities in there because it's very clear that's been frustrating both him and us.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1088: Sep 18, 2015 06:45:24 pm
      Couldn't agree more, hopefully last night's display made Brendan see the light and promise him a proper run in the side from now on. I'm sure Mama was smart enough to put % in terms of first team opportunities in there because it's very clear that's been frustrating both him and us.

I think I'd go apeshit if he isn't starting on Sunday.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1089: Sep 18, 2015 06:50:15 pm

Nah, it's Lovren remember....
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,361 posts | 4971 
      Reply #1090: Sep 18, 2015 06:51:17 pm
      I think I'd go apeshit if he isn't starting on Sunday.

You won't be alone but I suspect we might be more than a little pissed off come 3pm on Sunday.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #1091: Sep 18, 2015 08:45:23 pm
      Fantastic news on the contract! Really chuffed with that and I suspect he will be back in the starting line up this weekend
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1092: Sep 18, 2015 10:49:58 pm

why can't he be our captain now?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,908 posts | 6832 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1093: Sep 18, 2015 11:01:01 pm
      F***ing Beast. He better start against Norwich or Brendan's fu**ed!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1094: Sep 19, 2015 01:52:01 am
      why can't he be our captain now?

Because we have already shown we are half the team without Henderson this year. I think Sahko should be vice ahead of Milner though.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,438 posts | 6429 
      Reply #1095: Sep 19, 2015 03:29:04 am
      Because we have already shown we are half the team without Henderson this year. I think Sahko should be vice ahead of Milner though.

I never thought Henderson should have been given the armband, but he was always going to get it...he's English and Gerrard's onfield "replacement". Not sure how well Sakho communicates with his teammates but I like him and wouldn't have a problem seeing him be captain.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,908 posts | 6832 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1096: Sep 19, 2015 03:45:04 am
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1097: Sep 19, 2015 08:09:15 am
      I never thought Henderson should have been given the armband, but he was always going to get it...he's English and Gerrard's onfield "replacement". Not sure how well Sakho communicates with his teammates but I like him and wouldn't have a problem seeing him be captain.

So you're not sure if he can do the job, but give it to him any way?  I think, in his short stint out, Henderson has shown he is missed. 
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1098: Sep 19, 2015 08:18:51 am
      So you're not sure if he can do the job, but give it to him any way?  I think, in his short stint out, Henderson has shown he is missed.

so the litmus test for who should be captain is just "will we miss them if they are out"?

We would miss Coutinho if he were out.  Should we make him captain?

We've missed Sturridge.  Should we make him captain?

the more obvious choice: we clearly miss Sakho when he is on the bench.  why not make him captain?

etc etc
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1099: Sep 19, 2015 08:26:57 am
      so the litmus test for who should be captain is just "will we miss them if they are out"?

We would miss Coutinho if he were out.  Should we make him captain?

We've missed Sturridge.  Should we make him captain?

the more obvious choice: we clearly miss Sakho when he is on the bench.  why not make him captain?

etc etc

You're not that dense are you? Do I have to spoon feed you that I meant his leadership qualities with that statement?  Are you really that incapable of inferring the meaning of that sentence or are you just, though you're not the only one, being a pedantic beep?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #1100: Sep 19, 2015 10:58:30 am
      You're not that dense are you? Do I have to spoon feed you that I meant his leadership qualities with that statement?  Are you really that incapable of inferring the meaning of that sentence or are you just, though you're not the only one, being a pedantic beep?

Hendo is a model professional and a very good footballer. He also has enough grit about him to be a leader. He is still learning the role but I think in a couple of years he will be boss at it and will be the next England captain also.

It's clear Cou with all his qualities is not a natural leader. Don't think Milner is good enough to be a captain. Sakho has quality and leadership ability in abundance so it should be a no brainer he be made vice captain.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1101: Sep 19, 2015 11:52:48 am
      To be honest, I think Sakho and Lovren will be a better partners than Skrtel and Sakho.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1102: Sep 19, 2015 12:04:23 pm
      To be honest, I think Sakho and Lovren will be a better partners than Skrtel and Sakho.

Have they only played once with each other Vs Spurs away last season?

My preference would be Can and Sakho, but it's never gonna happen, so I would've been happy with Ilori and Sakho, but we farmed Ilori out :(
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1103: Sep 19, 2015 04:06:23 pm

I agree with this
      How skrtel continues to get a free pass every week and get selected is beyond me
      Taking sakho out of the regular premier league team selection has been a disaster
      Agree Lovren has had some pretty dire moments this season but perhaps alongside sakho might be a better partnership for him?
      Have to try something different in the league as skrtel and Lovren just hasn't worked consistently at all

Quick Reply