Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool > Crystal Palace)

Read 209713 times
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Re: Mamadou Sakho Player Thread
      Reply #345: Dec 31, 2013 09:28:45 am
      He's far too cocky on the ball sometimes, i love watching him but my heart is in my mouth every time he has the ball.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #346: Dec 31, 2013 09:34:46 am
      One of my favourite players already. A proper centre half who isn't afraid to zed it if necessary, it's worth remembering he's only a kid and he is going to be an absolute monster.

IMHO has the makings of becoming the best centre back in the league within a couple of years.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #347: Dec 31, 2013 09:46:00 am
      Those 2 goals bounced off his shins both times. I thought he was a bit unlucky. Hope he gets well soon but some reports, if they are to be believed, saying 2 months.

Shame if true, as I thought he was going from strength to strength and needed the consistency.

I'd like to see Toure come back in, he was a monster earlier on this season and was unlucky to lose his spot in the team.

On a side note, I can't remember the last time we shuffled a back four like we have under Rodgers, injuries played their part but so has Rodgers.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #348: Dec 31, 2013 10:09:11 am
      One of my favourite players already. A proper centre half who isn't afraid to zed it if necessary, it's worth remembering he's only a kid and he is going to be an absolute monster.

IMHO has the makings of becoming the best centre back in the league within a couple of years.

Agree Mick.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2869 
      Reply #349: Dec 31, 2013 10:24:34 am
      I just think his "box goes" to be honest, like that 15 mins against Man City when he gave the ball away four times.

To be honest, our midfield didn't help then. He was struggling yet Lucas and Allen kept giving the ball to him in dodgy areas.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #350: Dec 31, 2013 10:37:17 am
      He was struggling yet Lucas and Allen kept giving the ball to him in dodgy areas

Maybe so but in that case under pressure sometimes you just need to boot it out of play. I know Brendan wants possession football but its better than playing a square ball to an opposing attacker when we are under intense pressure.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #351: Dec 31, 2013 11:42:56 am
      I couldn't believe the commentator banging on about how he let Torres turn him and run off him so easily. You could see as soon as Judas got the ball, Sakho grimace in pain and grab for his hamstring. F***ing dumb ass commentator!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #352: Dec 31, 2013 01:03:18 pm
      I couldn't believe the commentator banging on about how he let Torres turn him and run off him so easily. You could see as soon as Judas got the ball, Sakho grimace in pain and grab for his hamstring. F***ing dumb ass commentator!

Yeah, lauding Torres to the highest order was pretty pathetic. Sakho to his own detriment and credit tried to keep up and almost did with the injury. That probably led to it being much worse than it initially was but I'm never going to criticise someone for showing commitment. One of those no win situations really and he did the thing that will endear him most to us fans, wont be easily forgotten that.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #353: Dec 31, 2013 01:58:18 pm
      Needs to take his time with that hamstring. IMO worst muscle to hurt (maybe groin is worse?) because if not properly attended to it's going to cause you problems over and over.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #354: Dec 31, 2013 07:19:25 pm

Yep, at first it was shocking the way Torres just got past him, but then I saw him limping with the hamstring and realized why it happened.

The commentator was an idiot, Sakho had another good game for me
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #355: Jan 01, 2014 02:46:07 am

Mate I was Screaming my head off when the commentator was going on about that. It take a proper kind of moron to not see he was holding his hammy the whole time.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #356: Jan 01, 2014 11:01:24 pm
      How long is the lad out for?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #357: Jan 01, 2014 11:04:44 pm

I haven't seen it officially confirmed but early indications were it could be as much as 2 months mate.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #358: Jan 01, 2014 11:14:55 pm
      I haven't seen it officially confirmed but early indications were it could be as much as 2 months mate.

sh*t!

That long...
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #359: Jan 01, 2014 11:24:11 pm
      And this is exactly why we need to keep Agger.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      Reply #360: Jan 02, 2014 05:33:09 am

Mate, that's what I don't understand. Aussie Rules and Rugby players do their hammys and they're out about 2-3 weeks max, these guys do it and they're out anywhere between 6-8 weeks??? I'd say we do more running and constant sprinting, constantly on the move whereas in Football, it's only 90 minutes and a lot of the time the lads are walking around the pitch.  Not as high intensity I would have thought.
      Bier
      Reply #361: Jan 02, 2014 06:24:35 am
      Mate, that's what I don't understand. Aussie Rules and Rugby players do their hammys and they're out about 2-3 weeks max, these guys do it and they're out anywhere between 6-8 weeks??? I'd say we do more running and constant sprinting, constantly on the move whereas in Football, it's only 90 minutes and a lot of the time the lads are walking around the pitch.  Not as high intensity I would have thought.

There's different grades of hamstring injuries. When you pull your hamstring you basically tear some of the muscle fibres, when it's just a few then you'll recover in a short time. When you tear more it takes longer. If the whole thing is torn it takes more than 3 months. So if he's out for 2 months then it's a pretty serious strain.

And statistically speaking there's not much between rugby and football as far as the mileage per player per game. But it's not just about high intensity, hamstring injuries are more common when players are tired. It's no coincidence that it happens with Sakho at the end of a tough game against Chelsea, only 3 days after he played another tough game against Man City.
      « Last Edit: Jan 02, 2014 06:49:54 am by Bier »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      Reply #362: Jan 02, 2014 07:19:30 am
      There's different grades of hamstring injuries. When you pull your hamstring you basically tear some of the muscle fibres, when it's just a few then you'll recover in a short time. When you tear more it takes longer. If the whole thing is torn it takes more than 3 months. So if he's out for 2 months then it's a pretty serious strain.

And statistically speaking there's not much between rugby and football as far as the mileage per player per game. But it's not just about high intensity, hamstring injuries are more common when players are tired. It's no coincidence that it happens with Sakho at the end of a tough game against Chelsea, only 3 days after he played another tough game against Man City.

Na mate, they're just soft.  ;)
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,186 posts | 528 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #363: Jan 08, 2014 08:34:34 am
      Sakho hands Reds fitness boost and could return at Stoke
      Liverpool FC have been handed a welcome fitness boost with the news that Mamadou Sakho is ahead of schedule in his recovery from a hamstring injury.

The French defender suffered the problem in the defeat to Chelsea on December 29, and it had initially been feared that he could be out of action for up to six weeks.

Sakho, though, has responded well to treatment, and has been back at Melwood this week working closely with the Reds' medical team.

The 23-year-old could even be in contention for Sunday's Premier League trip to Stoke City, though no decision will be taken on that score until later in the week.

With Daniel Agger struggling with a calf problem – Liverpool are still awaiting the results of a scan on that injury – Sakho's imminent return will come at a good time for Reds boss Brendan Rodgers.And there is more good news for Rodgers, with Daniel Sturridge also in with a chance of featuring at Stoke. The England striker, too, has been back at Melwood, working with head of performance Glen Driscoll. He is expected to resume full training ahead of the weekend, assuming there is no adverse reaction.

Sturridge, who has scored 11 goals in all competitions this season, has been sidelined since late November after suffering an ankle injury in training, but had always targeted the trip to the Britannia as a potential return date.

Rodgers, though, is aware of the need to manage the front man's fitness carefully. If he does figure at Stoke, it is likely to be from the bench.

Elsewhere, Glen Johnson should be fit to return to the side after missing the FA Cup win over Oldham last weekend with a minor ankle knock.

Joe Allen's adductor strain is likely to keep him out, though both he and Jon Flanagan, who has a hamstring problem, should be available for the home game against Aston Villa a week on Saturday.

Jose Enrique, however, remains sidelined with a knee injury.

Link
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #364: Jan 08, 2014 09:06:03 am
      Thats excellent news re Sakho.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #365: Jan 08, 2014 10:19:09 am
      Recovers from a hammy in under 2 weeks... BEAST!!!
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #366: Feb 04, 2014 05:46:52 pm
      soooo... what happened there
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #367: Feb 04, 2014 06:00:34 pm
      Never the most accurate but according to physio room he is back on Saturday.

Quick Reply