Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool > Crystal Palace)

Read 207314 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Mamadou Sakho Player Thread
      Reply #667: Sep 27, 2014 05:53:55 pm
      Apparently stormed out of the stadium today when he was told he wouldn't be playing;

Haven't seen any real reliable link as it initially came through a Twitter user who said they saw it with a few pics too so until I see something more reliable I will take it with a pinch of salt.

If it is true though then he can think twice about ever returning to the stadium again IMO.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #668: Sep 27, 2014 05:59:06 pm
      Apparently stormed out of the stadium today when he was told he wouldn't be playing;

Haven't seen any real reliable link as it initially came through a Twitter user who said they saw it with a few pics too so until I see something more reliable I will take it with a pinch of salt.

If it is true though then he can think twice about ever returning to the stadium again IMO.

Hmm hadn't noticed until you said this but he wasn't on the subs bench so that would give some weight to the accusation but as you say a lot of salt needed until any of this is confirmed.

I'd be bitterly disappointed if there was any truth in it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #669: Sep 27, 2014 06:05:12 pm

That would be shocking.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #670: Sep 27, 2014 06:42:55 pm

http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/27/mamadou-sakho-storms-out-of-anfield-after-being-left-out-of-liverpools-squad-to-face-everton-4883975/
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #671: Sep 27, 2014 09:49:47 pm
      Well he has tweeted about it, but doesn't really explain the context:

@mamadousakho3  36 mins
      I really want to apologise to the club, the supporters and every person who felt offended when I left the stadium this afternoon.

I’m aware that it was a bad choice from my part to go isolating to watch the game!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #672: Sep 27, 2014 10:27:34 pm
      Wow, shocked by this. This doesn't bold well for team spirit and himself :(

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #673: Sep 27, 2014 10:42:31 pm
      Wow. I mean, I guess it's great that Sakho want to plays that badly, but that's a total dick move to storm out and not stay for the game to support your teammates. Dick move.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #674: Sep 27, 2014 11:17:13 pm
      Don't care if he has apologised or not, I don't want him playing for us ever again! If you aren't selected then you damn well sit there and support the team as though you had been. Nobody can expect to storm out on this club and be forgiven IMO. Wrong attitude, apology or not.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #675: Sep 27, 2014 11:24:09 pm
      Don't care if he has apologised or not, I don't want him playing for us ever again! If you aren't selected then you damn well sit there and support the team as though you had been. Nobody can expect to storm out on this club and be forgiven IMO. Wrong attitude, apology or not.

Bit much, no? It's out of order what he did but I'd pick him watching the game elsewhere over a player hitting their girlfriend, spitting at people or biting opponents any day. Also, what the F**k happened for him to not get in the squad ahead of Toure?!
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #676: Sep 27, 2014 11:32:37 pm
      Dick move is right. Everything about this one is wrong. IMO he is our best CB, but Rodgers refuses to play him as the no.1 CB. It looks like he was a committee buy. If so cant seem him playing for us next season.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #677: Sep 27, 2014 11:38:46 pm

;D don't be ridiculous we will need him soon enough once Skrtel is shown up by half decent teams. Goes to show there is no meritocracy despite BR saying the opposite and in fact suggest Sakho was a committee buy.

Got to admit I feel slightly sorry for him bearing in mind Skrtel is picked ahead of him after calamitous games against West Ham and he puts in a decent performance midweek game.

He will more than likely be off in Jan.

CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #678: Sep 27, 2014 11:43:36 pm
      I'd rather he storm out than not give a F**k. He showed his passion, although it was vented in the wrong manner.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,296 posts | 4941 
      Reply #679: Sep 28, 2014 12:07:40 am
      I'd rather he storm out than not give a F**k. He showed his passion, although it was vented in the wrong manner.

Exactly.

He was wrong but at least he showed he gives a F**k and feels he should be playing.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #680: Sep 28, 2014 12:29:41 am

A bit o.t.t. for me mate. I am sure he will be disciplined but many players have done similar in the past and gone on to have great careers (Tommy Smith at Arsenal for example) after apologizing.

I certainly agree that he showed the wrong attitude but to condemn him after one such incident is a bit harsh.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #681: Sep 28, 2014 12:37:50 am
      Worrying news. Add that to Danny's article in the telegraph stating that Brendan was the reason he left, Skrtel's initial freezing-out and the rumours about Lovren getting a bollocking for not getting his visa sorted so he could join the team on the pre-season in America and you begin to wonder what the manager has against centre-backs!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,296 posts | 4941 
      Reply #682: Sep 28, 2014 12:38:58 am
      A bit o.t.t. for me mate. I am sure he will be disciplined but many players have done similar in the past and gone on to have great careers (Tommy Smith at Arsenal for example) after apologizing.

I certainly agree that he showed the wrong attitude but to condemn him after one such incident is a bit harsh.

Indeed Saint.

How may times have we seen players criticised for stting on the bench and collecting the pay cheque?

He thinks he should be playing and reacted as pissed off as many of us might in the same situation.
      « Last Edit: Sep 28, 2014 12:50:16 am by srslfc, Reason: Spelled cheque like an idoit »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #683: Sep 28, 2014 12:48:11 am
      Absolutely crazy, team spirit was meant to be high.

Guess he got a bit fu**ed off with Rickie getting the armband after all?  :f_tongueincheek:

In truth I think this is a pretty bad sign for his future with us and I am extremely disappointed in his reaction.

One has to question the true man-management skills of Brendan when he's getting slated by:

Reina
      Agger
      Downing
      Sahin

and then this. At least he had the bottle to apologise, I must say I sympathise with him too, don't think he deserved dropping.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,296 posts | 4941 
      Reply #684: Sep 28, 2014 12:51:40 am
      Absolutely crazy, team spirit was meant to be high.

Guess he got a bit fu**ed off with Rickie getting the armband after all?  :f_tongueincheek:

In truth I think this is a pretty bad sign for his future with us and I am extremely disappointed in his reaction.

One has to question the true man-management skills of Brendan when he's getting slated by:

Reina
      Agger
      Downing
      Sahin

and then this. At least he had the bottle to apologise, I must say I sympathise with him too, don't think he deserved dropping.

Brendan should see it as a  sign this lad wants to play badly for us Luke.

But as you indicate it could be a bad sign for his future here as I don't think the boss likes players who rock the boat.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #685: Sep 28, 2014 01:01:01 am
      What's really odd is the fact that you would think Sakho would be the ideal Rodgers CB the way he can bring the ball out and zip long and short passes to midfield.

Maybe Brendan feels like the way he threatened Skrtel to be cast aside last season he might get the same response from Sakho because no doubt he has made some errors but oddly for him no more than the other CB's but he us made the scapegoat.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #686: Sep 28, 2014 03:05:29 am
      Bad choice by him but not the worst one of our players has made in the last few years.  I had actually thought he must have been injured not to make the matchday squad ahead of Toure, so I can understand his frustration, if not the way he chose to show it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,380 posts | 6403 
      Reply #687: Sep 28, 2014 03:37:47 am
      Sort it out Sakho lad, you are a player not a manager. If you think you should be playing then work even harder and play even better.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #688: Sep 28, 2014 04:30:42 am
      He left the ground before the game????

F***ing hell.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6776 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #689: Sep 28, 2014 05:23:18 am
      I'm sure he'll learn this is not the right action to take. Very disappointing.

Quick Reply